DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftCabbage

Bet the males are just like being dropped there directly from DOA5 models.

No improvement whatsoever and Hayabusa will still be wearing his ninja suit. lol

Chapstick

This is the messed up part it ruins the continuity. I despise they way TN has made this into a popularity contest, not all the females are waifu bait but they still have fans.
I dont want to bring up race but, the final 9 is just going to be white and lighskined asian women. Lisa's the diversity this game needs.
Im curious how they are going about selecting the males.
Have males been confirmed?
Bet the males are just like being dropped there directly from DOA5 models.

No improvement whatsoever and Hayabusa will still be wearing his ninja suit. lol
To be fair I think the girls are just getting plopped in there as is based on the article with the only update being the "soft engine 2.0." And lol I'm imagining Hayabusa sipping a pina colada with the straw going right through his mask

werewolfgold

I dont want to bring up race but, the final 9 is just going to be white and lighskined asian women. Lisa's the diversity this game needs.
If there is one thing the otaku-y parts of Japan do not seem to care all that much about, it's diversity.

Have males been confirmed?
The phrase Hayashi apparently used was something like "There's no reason to think that there will only be female characters."

Chapstick

The phrase Hayashi apparently used was something like "There's no reason to think that there will only be female characters."
He's given plenty of reason to think there wouldn't be with this little popularity theme poll included. Good news nonetheless but I'm sure it won't be 9 males. Maybe 5 at most :p Eliot, Rig, Hayate, Hayabusa, and Jann Lee

Argentus

He's given plenty of reason to think there wouldn't be with this little popularity theme poll included. Good news nonetheless but I'm sure it won't be 9 males. Maybe 5 at most :p Eliot, Rig, Hayate, Hayabusa, and Jann Lee
Leon or no buy

IMG_20150819_021600.jpg

Jadeinchains

If there is only going to be 9 women in the game then it is sad how obvious it is which ones will get in and which ones will be left out. Not to mention it's pay to vote so for a start screw that and second of all if it is Japanese exclusive right now then there is no way they care about my vote anyway. Maybe they will pull something out of the bag and announce that they can add more to the game than they originally thought but right now I'am just confused with what they are doing.

PS:
I can't argue because i forgot she was even a character lol
post-23747-Oprah-shaking-head-NO-gif-Imgu-SO8b.gif

SoftCabbage

Pay to Vote is definitely a new thing.

Who knows the next presidential election will follow this. TN should patent the concept.

"Pay2Vote. Because Fuck You, We Want Your Money."

KwonJigglypuff

Maybe the new character is a perv robot to promote DOAX3. Maybe a male android who helps Zack on the island. Maybe an alien-robot, with a cute face. Could see that happening.

KwonJigglypuff

And it would be normal for the girls to get touchy with him because he is a robot. All fantasies fullfilled. I'm sure it also have tentacles inside his metallic body.

WisperG

I believe that was also a mistranslation, which a number of sites have since corrected. Rather than saying "don't think it will all be female characters," he meant something closer to "don't think it will have all the female characters," in reference to the 9-character voting they have going on.

Pay to Vote is definitely a new thing.

Who knows the next presidential election will follow this. TN should patent the concept.

"Pay2Vote. Because Fuck You, We Want Your Money."

Well, to be fair, it does cut down on spamming and rigged votes. It's harder to cheat the PSN system than a freely-open-to-all system on a website.

If nothing else, it should give more accurate popularity results, which was the whole point. Sure, some people will buy them all, but since these themes do cost real money (and they're not that great to begin with), most people are just going to cherry-pick their favorites, which is exactly the data TN wants to collect from this.

werewolfgold

I believe that was also a mistranslation, which a number of sites have since corrected. Rather than saying "don't think it will all be female characters," he meant something closer to "don't think it will have all the female characters," in reference to the 9-character voting they have going on.
Okay. I looked at the Japanese site that it came from. Yeah. He said all of the female characters may not be in the game. That's what I get for trusting these external websites...

I mean, no male characters AND not all of the female characters? Laughable. This is probably one of those poverty games. Why would anyone buy it? lol

Banana56

If it's a male, I'd like for him to be a male-tsunadere like Zhong Hui from Dynasty Warriors
latest

If female I would like for her to be a yandere character.

For those who don't know what a yandere is someone who likes someone else and would go to pyschotic and violent lengths just to show affection for that person. Example

I can see her being a somewhat sweet girl who'd go also go crazy at times and get very violent with other female characters. Her goal would probably be to enter the tournament to find and probably even kidnap the guy(or girl) she likes.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Tsunadre implys there is a warm side to a character. Zhong Hui was just a straight up egotistical asshole to everyone he met. I don't remmeber him warming up to anyone.

Long Tong and Gan Ning are beter examples for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD