DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Mediocre? well....that's an opinion right there. I think DOA5 is far better than the previous games and i would definitely play it over Tekken. Not sure on Street Fighter though because Alpha 2 gold is one of my favourite games of all time....ANYWAY i'm trailing here.

There isn't any reason they can't compete but then i don't really want it to. Looking by how Street Figher 5 is going with "appealing to everyone by lowering the amount of complaints as much as possible" then nah, i don't.

Your franchise sucks when it starts trying to appeal to everyone, something which Capcom has not learned (especially since it just doesn't work). Careful what ye wishes for my lad, lest ye have another Resident Evil 6 on our hands.

im not saying it should appeal to everyone im saying it should listen to criticism and improve same as everything else. a big problem players have had with the series has been the randomness of the game's hold system. we know that some degree of randomness is accepted from KI's breakers to MKX 50/50s which tells me holds can work, but they do need work.

not even gonna bother with the image thing. TN stopped giving a shit about that once they made those bunny bikkinis.

Sammy-Fu

im not saying it should appeal to everyone im saying it should listen to criticism and improve same as everything else. a big problem players have had with the series has been the randomness of the game's hold system. we know that some degree of randomness is accepted from KI's breakers to MKX 50/50s which tells me holds can work, but they do need work.

not even gonna bother with the image thing. TN stopped giving a shit about that once they made those bunny bikkinis.

That's different in a way then though.

They should listen to criticism to a certain extent, the counter system has always been pretty bad though imo. You shouldn't be able to lock hold from a stun, incredibly irritating.

All fighting games have their problems with game mechanics though, it's just weeding out the bad points from the good ones. Like "I think the hold system really needs work, you should really change it since holding from a stun is just crazy" -good point

"I THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE BASS TOP TIER BECAUSE HE ISN'T AS GOOD AS OTHER CHARACTERS, HE IS MY MAIN SO I THINK YOU SHOULD STOP NERFING HIM" -Bad point.

But ya, i agree

Sammy-Fu

essentially im not saying aim to crush the competitors im saying aim to improve and maybe eventually they'll crush the competitors.

Might just be me but i found the franchise a bit stagnant when i bought DOA4. I think it gets a lot of stigma bot just for the sexual themes but for the gameplay and graphics just being pretty laughable when DOA4 dropped on the 360. Each new instalment didn't really bring much to the table in terms of characters and whatnot. (Perhaps that's one of the reasons Marie and Honoka were top of the list for Xtreme 3.....)

A lot of people i know wouldn't play it because they didn't like it, when i suggested playing 5 because it was different from the others, they did really enjoy it so i dunno why that's a thing. Then again some of my friends were put off by the amount of cosutmes to buy in 5 so i guess they got new problems to sort out.

but hey ho.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banana56

People on FSD are going to be disappointed in her, but let's face facts Naotora will be another successful DOA character. Also every other site will have a more positive opinion of her.

Young female characters in DOA sell the most, if how much they sell in DOA5 isn't enough to get then the results from DOAX3 should show enough.

I say If TN were to ever add a male or mature female as dlc, buy them and ALL of their costumes and give good feedback. Perhaps then their will be more of them as well.

Argentus

Damn if they were going to bring in a guest character from the Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors universe, I would've much preferred to see Lu Bu or his daughter Lu Lingqi. One of them would've been a lot more divergent demeanor/appearance wise than this girl in my honest opinion But it is what it is I suppose...
I love it how everyone complains about being "disappointed" but when that bitch arrives everyone is buying her just like Honoka :/ I like li naotora she seems interesting and Im excited to see her in action !
Actually I never bought honoka or phase 4. I tried Marie and nyo and never again.
I want Lu Bu now. This new gust needs to go home. I'd pay for Lu Bu in my fighting game.

Also holy shit, Team Ninja you lazy fuckers why do you keep prostituting yourselves?

As I said before, the much better option would have been the daughter of Lu Bu, Lu Linqui.

dw8xl_wallpaper___lu_lingqi_by_koei_warrior-d7ajkaq.jpg

She's a Warriors character
She fills the "lu bu" and "cute girl" categories.

Both of lu bus weapons (cross pike, which she inherits in 8 xl, and his usual halberd) use a lot of grapples and moves that could be used as grapples. Plus a ton of spartan style powerful strikes. I always use both cross pike and halberd on her in 8xl and I can see her with a DOA move set incorporating the moves she uses with both.

Like her cross pike grab where she twirls the huge thing around her like a dance routine while leaning every direction, I can see that as a command grab.

tumblr_static_2014-07-26_00274.jpg

Z4ToX1p.jpg

Lu_Lingqi_(DWB).png

Instead we get honoka with black hair. Oh joy

Dark-truth

Actually I never bought honoka or phase 4. I tried Marie and nyo and never again.

As I said before, the much better option would have been the daughter of Lu Bu, Lu Linqui.

dw8xl_wallpaper___lu_lingqi_by_koei_warrior-d7ajkaq.jpg

She's a Warriors character
She fills the "lu bu" and "cute girl" categories.

Both of lu bus weapons (cross pike, which she inherits in 8 xl, and his usual halberd) use a lot of grapples and moves that could be used as grapples. Plus a ton of spartan style powerful strikes. I always use both cross pike and halberd on her in 8xl and I can see her with a DOA move set incorporating the moves she uses with both.

Like her cross pike grab where she twirls the huge thing around her like a dance routine while leaning every direction, I can see that as a command grab.

tumblr_static_2014-07-26_00274.jpg

Z4ToX1p.jpg

Lu_Lingqi_(DWB).png

Instead we get honoka with black hair. Oh joy
Stop being a negative nancy and get over it please. Everyone listen, I know most of you don't like her but just accept the fact and move on instead of complaining. She's comming wether you like it or not

Number 13

Actually Lu is not really "cute girl" at least in the same respect of what TN is going for regarding 'cute'. She looks/acts way more serious compared to what we got lol which was probably no bueno. Also to be fair a character that uses more kick type attacks would be easier to make a movelist in a DoA game over someone that largely uses a weapon and we know doing things the easy way isn't exactly a foreign concept for them. They wanted to add someone with minimal effort [without doing more clones/mimics again], but with maximum return aka 'we want that MR/Honoka demographic' which is why we got what we got.

Don't like it then speak with your wallet because bitching here won't change anything for this game or whenever DoA 6 happens, but considering this is at least the 3rd character that was recently more of the 'moe' background I would say the wallet is speaking for the other direction like it or not,

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Stop being a negative nancy and get over it please. Everyone listen, I know most of you don't like her but just accept the fact and move on instead of complaining. She's comming wether you like it or not
I quite like her. She is fun to mock and chide. I don't want to move on when there is still so much untapped potential for sarcasm.

Chapstick

I couldn't help but notice since it was literally half of her reveal but her chest looked huge like on Nyotengu's level or bigger. I don't think we're going to get a "normal" size again unless Marie gets a loli fetish friend. Part of that's shameless money-grabbing but another part is probably TN going like "okay we spent all this time and money on the damn titty physics put them to good use" lol

Banana56

I honeslty do think Naotora won't be the last guest, we'll probrably get one more from Dynasty Warriors. My guess is either of these 4

Diao chan - DWs first female character
latest

Sun Shangxiang - pretty popular character, seems to be DWs main female
Sun+Shang+Xiang.jpg

Wang Yuanji - one of the most popular, if not the most popular character in DW
latest

Lu Lingqi - daughter of Lu Bu, the main antagonist of DW. Also she seems pretty well liked
tumblr_mu9dmv1piH1qg641po1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Okay seriously, I'm getting so fucking tired of this bullshit.
I guess I now am seeing where everyone is saying where DOA's toxic community is coming from. I looked on here and I see from Facebook people more or less bitching rather than using their fucking heads and thinking. There is literally only a few people thinking rationally vs. the cavalcade of people so full of themselves that it's honestly sad that they even have brains.

I honestly need to ask...did anyone literally ask for WEAPON USERS TO BE IN DOA? Genra is literally the only person in DOA that uses a weapon and suddenly, people are pretending that in a game that is trying to be competitive that we need someone with more range than the entire fucking cast!? Are you serious?

Or how about "Another fucking woman!?" Despite how there is now a 15 male, 20 females in the game...when Fighting games is usually overwhelming male or female, never equal or slightly equal to each other.

Or even the freaking fact that this was done to bring in more players? Nah fuck them, let's just bitch to bitch, fuck gameplay, just whine that she's a big breasted moe character because Honoka and let's start lumping all the girls together as moe so we can have more things to bitch about huh?

Like Oh My Fucking God, get a grip on yourselves, the fucking Salt as Awakened and honestly, I'm getting so damn tired of the fucking crying.
Seriously, Naotora is getting people to leave the game? Well fucking good then, it's honestly getting tiresome for the same fuckers who are trying their hardest to get the game to be competitive, they immediately quit because "It's not a male character BAAAW" or 'It's another Moe character BAAW" and even ignore the simple fact that it's another guest character specifically to bring in more people to DOA, let's completely ignore that shit.

Or hey, let's forget that according to TvTropes, Samurai Warriors 4-2 actually NOTICED the issue of her being too moe despite being a Daimyo and fixed it:
Naotora Ii wasn't exactly welcomed due to her meek and Reluctant Warrior personality which reminds many of Daqiao and Fanservicey designs. Because she's one of the few female daimyo in history, (fans expected a total Badass). Worse further, they feared that her inclusion means they wouldn't be seeing fan-favorite Naomasa Ii (her adopted son, one of Tokugawa's Shi-Tennou nicknamed the Red Devil) anytime soon. Naomasa Ii was later added in Samurai Warriors 4-2 and Naotora received some considerable Character Development on her own becoming a strong-willed woman without losing who she is, which lead to an improved opinion of her for many fans.

And not even hope that they carry over that personality instead.

Jesus fucking Christ, the only thing that is killing the game is the fucking community itself, never Team Ninja(even Street Fighter fans bitched far less than this when fucking Laura and F.A.N.G. was announced and don't tell me that community is the crowning of exellence).

Banana56

^ That's a lot to read, but I agree none the less.

Besides FSD =/= the entire DOA community. People here bitch and moan a lot but majority of fans have different opinions.

And even then people here are still going to like Naotora. People may bitch and moan about her here, but I guarantee if after she is fully shown and someone were to make a poll on who their favorite new character is, she'd be right up there with Marie Rose and far from Raidou.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
No Xhomnids right. we didn't read a vague TV tropes article or spend 40 extra dollars to play the most blatant rehash from Koei to date

How dare we base our opinions on our personal experiences, gameplay vids of 4-2, and overall preferences. its not like the entirety of SW players seemed to agree with us.

Dam should have we really should have expected those massive character changes when they added a 2 at the end of 4.

Argentus

@Xhominid The Demon Within
You do remember that
Ryu Hayabusa, Momiji, Spartan and Rachel are all weapon users reformatted for DOA, and the opposite had been done for Ayane and Kasumi, right?

Its not that the community is "toxic" its that we have STANDARDS. Yes I hope like Marie she brings new mechanics to the table. But as a character she doesn't at all, and people are sick and tired of that.

Also lol at "maybe they'll bring in that newer personality instead". Ha no they won't. we know that from experience.

@Banana56 if the SSX, id rather they user her more tomboyish DW5 look.

@Number 13 well yeah she's not cute in personality (except for the whole "doesn't realize she's pretty and gets embarrassed when she's called cute" side).

But my point was that this character was supposed to be trying something new, and Lu Linqui would have been exactly that, (while also filling the Lu Bu wants by proxy) while this girl is just more of the same.

As is its obvious she was picked purely for the Moe factor, the fact that she kicks came secondary.

Either way that's...6 dlc characters in a row I have no interest in beyond general disdain.

I've got a slight hope for another Designer pack, but otherwise I stopped expecting anything of quality from TN almost two years ago. Just keep an eye open for the occasional pleasant surprise when some things not TOTAL crap.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Wow even Eventhubs seem to like her (although few exceptions), and that site is feminazi heaven
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/dec/26/naotora-ii-coming-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-march/

It's literally the exact same comments I don't see any overwhelmingly positive or negative majority.

I would probably like this character more if I didn't have banshees wailing "embrace the Moe! It is DOAs Future!"
Can I not? Can I just say I'm tired of moe so maybe TN will hear my cry and eventually give me something else? No? Ok I'll sit down and shut up then.

This is pretty much why I'm done. I don't feel welcome in this game anymore because either TN is catering to someone who isn't me and if I dare mention that I get my head snapped off by a rabid fan.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm afraid someone may develop hemochromatosis from irony excess.

Gaining that would be a freaking boon compared to seeing the DOA community again prove itself right in that it's own community is killing the game, not Team Ninja.
I don't care that you don't like the character, the utter stupidity and lack of thinking is what pisses me off, especially when it's obvious in thinking for about a few seconds.

No Xhomnids right. we didn't read a vague TV tropes article or spend 40 extra dollars to play the most blatant rehash from Koei to date

How dare we base our opinions on our personal experiences, gameplay vids of 4-2, and overall preferences. its not like the entirety of SW players seemed to agree with us.

Dam should have we really should have expected those massive character changes when they added a 2 at the end of 4.

1. That latter excuse doesn't fly when people translate that shit on Youtube and other sites. You don't need to buy ANYTHING to catch up to someone's backstory or character changes in the days of the freaking internet(which you stated yourself). And if you want to make IMMEDIATE first impressions and not bother even reading and jumping into the "Moe is me" category, then that's your own fucking fault, no one else's.

2. IS THERE ANY FUCKING GAMEPLAY VIDEOS YET!? All I've seen was gameplay from SW4 and 4-II, none of them from DOA5LR yet. I don't care if you don't like the PV itself(I don't like it either and I'd rather they just showed her off instead) or don't like the fact that she's moe but when you have people making excuses and not even trying to think critically, that's when it starts getting stupid. And yes, I brought up that TvTropes example myself because again, Omega Force knew they made her too Moe and fixed it up without killing what they made her as, that was the exact reason I even brought it here.

3. You should have freaking known FROM A WARRIORS SERIES! WO3 and WO3U is basically a game and an expansion, but WO3U also has character expansion too and so does most games from the originals to Xtreme Legends in Dynasty Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD