DOA5LR New character expectations (Spring 2016)

Who is the new character?

• Genra (or his inheritor)

• VF Character

• Shiden

• Irene

• Ms. Monday

• Rio

• Niki

• New male

• New female

• Other (Donovan, Miyako, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

YEg00IW.jpg

As you may know, Team Ninja has announced during DOA Festival that a new DLC character would be released in Spring 2016, with a new stage. In 8 months!

Who do you expect?

A male? A female? An old fighter? A new character? A "Nyotengu" situation? A VF guest? A Yaiba character?

I can see Genra's successor coming. He would be the perfect match for Honoka.
17-18 years old. Fireballs. Heavy hitter, with a thin body like Eliot.
Red hair. Full armor. Cocky, "bully" personality.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I said other, because I would finally like to see Donovan playable. I mean, he has all this manpower behind him and he's collecting all this data, so I'm sure has gathered enough data by now to know how to fight himself. If not Donovan, I would love to see a new male character with a totally unique fighting style. Marie Rose still remains the only newcomer from Ultimate Arcade to bring us an original fighting style. I know I have said that new characters should be saved for DOA6, but I am kind of glad that Last Round will get a new character, but with that, I really do want a new fighting style to try as well.

EDIT: If a new VF character could join, I would want it to be Lion Rafale. Yes, he's basically male Christie, but the way the two play are so unique. Jann Lee and Jacky Bryant do have the same fighting style, but they play completely different! Plus, I would like to see what Lion would look like in DOA5. If Lion was announced, I would make Ayane a sub so fast, but I'd still love her. Lmao

Last edited:

Banana56

I have a good feeling it's a new female

If so then I hope she is a punk type character.

If they go for an Asian punk type I'd like someone like Nagase From King Of Fighters
nagasehigh.jpg

If they go for a western type I'd like someone like Candy Cane from Rumble Roses or Chloe from Life Is Strange
latest

latest

tumblr_nj4ksiV93L1tnxw0ro1_1280.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I hope it's a unique character along the same lines of Marie Rose and not a retread similar to every other character we've seen added via DLC. A new male character would be nice. I would not want to see Sanji (who would definitely be an adult at the current point in DoAs timeline) or Shiden or Genra as they'd be too similar to styles we've already seen. This is coming from someone who's generally always used ninjas.

SilverForte

My realistic side says its gonna be some silly girl character again.

I hope its genra or some form of genra. Heck Donovan with his moveset would be fine.

Genra is really not similar at all to any style currently in the game in the way he is played. He thrives on throw loops and zoning.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
My realistic side says its gonna be some silly girl character again.

I hope its genra or some form of genra. Heck Donovan with his moveset would be fine.

Genra is really not similar at all to any style currently in the game in the way he is played. He thrives on throw loops and zoning.
He's been playable before and falls under my comment about being previously seen. They could just rebuild his Dimensions iteration and call it a day. For a new character I want it to be all new. That far down the line (seriously, that's a long way off to announce a single character) we had best see something worth the wait.

SilverForte

I agree with you there, I wouldn't be against them adding him later after this new character. I just want him in at some point. Miss playing as him.

Raansu

Personally I feel that the roster is getting too big. Becomes more difficult to properly balance the game when you have that many fighters.

DyByHands

I voted Miss Monday because I like her and think the full crazy red hair is cool. But that's only because I know they won't put up a male. Would still really like a Sumo in DOA.

And I agree with @TOBMAST3R I have wanted Lei Fei ever since I played VF5FS. All his stances would be really cool in DOA

Kronin

Personally I feel to exclude Nikki, Rio, a new VF character (the collaboration with Sega seems to be "ended" considering that we got no more news under that side from long time), Shiden or Miss Monday.

Yaiba is a possibility but considering how KT acts, if they feel that NGZ got a low success in the West surely they will not release ever this character (a shame imo).

I think that Genra has to be excluded, I don't think that TN want bring back his persona. On the opposite I believe that his fighting style could get many chances to return (maybe even more now that TN opened the scene to energy beams with Raidou and partially with Nyotengu too).

If Team NINJA want go with a character already existing, the only possibilities for me remain Irene from Ninja Gaiden and Victor Donovan (that the PC release revelaed to own a full body model and face). However, while the first one could get a new fighting style, I can't see Donovan to get something completely ever seen before. In my opinion he would end to get Genra's moveset (apparently he has a bond with the Hajinmon sec) or anyway something ninja related (because you know, the antagonist of a ninja has to use a ninjutsu moveset, at least partially ;)). So if people are looking for something new under the gameplay, Donovan is not the right character IMO.

For me the most likely chance for this first DLC character is that she will be a female and very likely a never seen before in both the design and the fighting style. I think that if they are planning to use something old they will go with it later, while the first character could be just the best news that they can offer, similarly to what happened with Marie Rose followed from other 4 characters inheriting moveset or appearences from the past.

Just my 2 cents on what I believe could happen =)

Last edited:

Kronin

If TN has "Listened to fans" and started DOAX3. Maybe they "listened" again and the stage will be Ariel Gardens and the Character will be Sonia-Irene.
I still see these requested here and there.

I continue to hope so keeping a low profile xD

Seriously, putting aside my preferences I just wish that this time they will hear all the fanbase. It would be enough for them include a sexy female character and a young male, to make at least one of them more a kind of western one and to include at least a never seen before fighting style: with only 2 characters being a mixture of these elements they would be (presumably) already able to satisfy a large part of the vocal fandom of complainers together with who likes the fanservice of DoA.

LarsMasters

I can't tell. Either

*Guest:
**VF: Kage-Maru (excepted; one of the 6 (or 5 maybe?) original main VF heroes, he's a ninja + TN has too many ninja stories; he made in a fighting game crossover game (yet not so fighting game) of Project X Zone 2)
latest

Or
**Outside VF (or Sega): Shizuo Heiwajima (super strength (brutal hand to hand, great throws, no need to use weapons); Tecmo Koei should join Fighting Climax project as a third party in including Hayabusa (w/ Momiji), Sterkenburg (w/ Gino) and the true final boss Orochi (w/ Kyubi) there for Ignition updates. In turn to include Dengeki Bunko costume pack & the character Shizuo himself
latest

*The character who already appeared in previous TN games:
**Yaiba of NGZ
Or
**Shiden of DOAD

Or

*Newbies:
**Minor roles
**Early bird sequel's main character: My option should be male protagonist who has a traits of Lars Alexandersson, Ragna the Bloodedge, Tatsumi Oga, Shizuo Heiwajima, and Gintoki Sakata; minus being anything to do with homosexual & too eroge, which he dislikes it

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Voted "new female" probably along the lines of Marie Rose and Honoka. I wished, it was a new, young, male character though. :/ But no way in hell! XD

Kronin

Voted "new female" probably along the lines of Marie Rose and Honoka. I wished, it was a new, young, male character though. :/ But no way in hell! XD

I continue to think that Raidou and Honoka were these famous last 2 icons in the old DoA5 Arcade site and that so even at that time TN planned to give us a not female character included in the DLC roster. However maybe this time at least a future official DLC character (but surely not the next one) will be a new male one. I feel to not exclude completely this possibility even if in the case there are more chances for getting Donovan than truly a new creation, but who knows?

imagen-14.jpg

TN doesn't betray my trust ;)

DyByHands

Looking at how TN has been doing things overall, I wouldn't be surprised if its another... Collaboration. Maybe it's a random big breasted chick from a somewhat popular anime game/creator.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW. But my mind is going for Genra or his successor, or a new male or female.

If there is a new female I want one like Page from Fable III

latest

And I want a new male, maybe another guy Eliot's age, that would be cool.

Well, we need more males in my opinion.... like I know the lassies are more popular but STIIIIILLL I would like a balanced male/female cast

lotr9690

What I would want:
original.jpg

What we will get, regardless of how long the wait is:
Naru2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD