News New character is Naotora (Sengoku Musou)

Sammy-Fu

I do not respect a stupid opinion merely because it exists. If for some reason you need examples as to why, consider that if I did, I would have to "respect" the Westboro Baptist Church, Donald Trump and ISIS's opinions.

Comparing ISIS to DOA5 in opinions and thoughts. You are definitely in the wrong place here, buddy.

Yes. I heard it directly from a person who works there, who I will not oust due to the potential harm that could cause to his work.

Uh-huh.

Yeah.
You can choose to believe that's unreliable,

I don't really have to choose here, your post was enough.

but there's a point where you simply have to accept things because they seem plausible from reliable sources without irrefutable proof. Otherwise you'd dwell in a perpetual, epistemic nightmare believing the moon is made out of cheese.
I accept things when people show good enough proof, then i form an opinion on that proof and if it's reliable or not. Do you believe that i know someone who is good friends with the queen of Britain? I can't show you proof because i don't want to out the person so you will just have to accept it.

Nobody lies on the internet, anyway.

Because to directly address the motives behind everyone's posts is a superfluous endeavor since it's all quite obvious and jejune. I'm concerned with external execution (ie: how an argument is presented and how effective that argument is structured). Your execution is abysmal, and the result is that you hinder the posited position rather than serve to validate it.

*Yawn*. oh boy, one of these types. Let's act intelligent to try and strengthen my side of the debate, despite the fact it does nothing of the sort and shows you have nothing else to respond with.

Basically, what i got from a couple of people here is- "I want to shout and scream and act like a child when a company does something i don't like and anybody who disagree's with how i or others behave in this manner should be shouted down. How dare they tell me to keep my arguments more reasonable! i don't want to be civil i want to attack people who add a character i don't like!"

Keep it classy.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Keep it classy.
header-dudley-4-3.jpg

Sammy-Fu

There's more to get.
Is there, really? I respect people who disapprove of a character or have legit criticism and keep it cool, i just don't agree with edgy and obnoxious behaviour.... So why are we having this debate in the first place? I thought that was literally the whole point, because it was okay to scream and shout at a company or the person behind a game?

No such comparison was made in the way the you are implying.

I'm pretty sure you just said you can't "respect" ISIS's stupid opinion like you can't "Respect" people side of an argument on a DOA forum.

If you honestly say so, though.

I thought the exact same thing when i was typing it up, It wasn't the intention though lol.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Is there, really?. I respect people who disapprove of a character or have legit criticism and keep it cool, i just don't agree with edgy and obnoxious behaviour.... So why are we having this debate in the first place? I thought that was literally the whole point, because it was okay to scream and shout at a company or the person behind a game?
I wouldn't call it "okay," but I also don't believe the solution is to merely move onto a different game as you suggested. The fact that said people are so unhappy is because they care so much about the game. Generally, people don't get exceptionally worked up over apathy. So, even after a slew of stupid decisions, there are parts of the game that they love and don't wish to surrender. So, if they're playing the game, but not liking certain elements of it, what do they do? Well, generally they complain, either as a form of catharsis or in an attempt to remedy the situation either retroactively or, more commonly, in an effort to preemptively ward off future decisions. So for the latter, you are correct: the barking and "shouting" is not ideal. For the former, that's pretty much how it goes. You can chide people for acting rashly after being swept up by their emotional response, but to suggest that they consider moving onto a different game is not the proper remedy.

I'm pretty sure you just said you can't "respect" ISIS's stupid opinion like you can't "Respect" people side of an argument on a DOA forum.
That exchange had nothing to do with DOA or people's opinions surrounding it. It was in response to the notion that one's opinion could (or "should") be "respected" even if not "cared about," which I find to be a paradox. If one respects something, their respect is a form of care and reverence. Certain opinions do not deserve care or reverence. Thus, I am opposed to the notion that I should respect an opinion based on the mere premise that it is an opinion and opinions are inherently worthy of respect. The various examples were provided only as shorthand to demonstrate how abstractly the premise that a poor opinion should be respected does not hold (in logic, a single counter-example alone invalidates a premise regardless how "extreme" it is, so rather than debate the particulars of a more nuanced case, I presented ones that were rather obvious and not prone to dispute).

KwonJigglypuff

I'd be okay if the new stage was Aerial Gardens. It would make up for such a disappointing DLC character.

That Ni-Oh character would have been a more exciting guest for me. People would have had the opportunity to bond with William, before discovering Ni-Oh in 2016. This month's Most Wanted Famitsu featured Ni-Oh (16th). This is quite good.

SW is already well established and the last game sold well back in 2014. Plus, Nao is only one rep out of so many.
Even Ms. Monday would have been more acceptable.

My hype is gone. I wonder how it happened behind the scenes. Was it Koei who forced that move ?

Last edited:

Sammy-Fu

I just ate, it was pretty delicious. Sausage in batter and chips with Irish Curry over the top. Irish Curry was really nice but really hot after awhile...anyway-

I wouldn't call it "okay,"

Then we are in agreement then that it's not on to go batshit insane over a game and expect to be taken seriously when people act like irrational children. I think "I don't like this idea, it's just another terrible guest character" sounds better and more reasonable than "I FUCKING HATE THIS, THIS PIECE OF SHIT, THIS GAME IS DEAD, FUCK YOU TECMO GO KILL YOURSELVES" I know which one i would take seriously.

but I also don't believe the solution is to merely move onto a different game as you suggested. The fact that said people are so unhappy is because they care so much about the game. Generally, people don't get exceptionally worked up over apathy. So, even after a slew of stupid decisions, there are parts of the game that they love and don't wish to surrender. So, if they're playing the game, but not liking certain elements of it, what do they do? Well, generally they complain, either as a form of catharsis or in an attempt to remedy the situation either retroactively or, more commonly, in an effort to preemptively ward off future decisions.

I did indeed suggest it might be a good idea but i didn't suggest it because they have problems with the game, some people here generally have given up on this franchise and have came to the thought that Tecmo no longer care about their voice and opinion. I could have lied and said you shouldn't give up because it will make a difference but i'm not working at Tecmo and by the way they have been acting lately it seems they don't care about our voices. i suggested it might be best to start looking for other franchises, i didn't say you should, there are problems i have but i love the game so it's outweighed by the bad. If that person generally felt he would rather play Tekken because he has a voice in the community, then Tekken might be the way to go, it wasn't in malice, that's why i said "Please don't take this the wrong way".

So for the latter, you are correct: the barking and "shouting" is not ideal. For the former, that's pretty much how it goes. You can chide people for acting rashly after being swept up by their emotional response, but to suggest that they consider moving onto a different game is not the proper remedy.

Glad we agree, being irrational and violent is not nice, there is a reason official forums from Capcom and Sega crack down on that behaviour, afterall. As for the moving on part...well i said what needed to be said in the quote above, it's not directed at people who had problems just people who would rather play other game because they feel they have a voice.

That exchange had nothing to do with DOA or people's opinions surrounding it. It was in response to the notion that one's opinion could (or "should") be "respected" even if not "cared about," which I find to be a paradox. If one respects something, their respect is a form of care and reverence. Certain opinions do not deserve care or reverence.
Most people these days and most of my friends are very politically minded, I don't care about their opinion even though they seem to rattle off every now and then to me but i respect their interest and how passionate they are from both sides. I don't have to care to understand a point and why people think that way, i show no such interest in all of that but i can understand and respect that other people do.

It's just respect and acceptance, other people do have opinions and you don't have to agree, care or think about those opinions to accept someone thinks differently.

Thus, I am opposed to the notion that I should respect an opinion based on the mere premise that it is an opinion and opinions are inherently worthy of respect. The various examples were provided only as shorthand to demonstrate how abstractly the premise that a poor opinion should be respected does not hold (in logic, a single counter-example alone invalidates a premise regardless how "extreme" it is, so rather than debate the particulars of a more nuanced case, I presented ones that were rather obvious and not prone to dispute).

You would have a point if this topic wasn't about "I like this" and "I don't like that". I said earlier to another member, neither side is "Right". There is no right and wrong here, it's what you like and dislike. The only thing that is wrong is telling people they can or can't like something, how that person behaves though is a different story. It' goes both ways, i don't agree with people attacking others simply because they set a different opinion on the table, "You should like this or shut up and go somewhere else" is just as bad, it's how one goes about it though.

Last edited:

David Gregg

(Sighs) Well it's not surprising I guess. Definitely misled us though. It was because the character was a guest that she wouldn't be in X3 not because it was a male...

I swear "starter set" should be in the Merriam dictionary:
"An overpriced DLC set of 5 fetish outfits in DOA 5 for a new female character."

Xhominid The Demon Within

(Sighs) Well it's not surprising I guess. Definitely misled us though. It was because the character was a guest that she wouldn't be in X3 not because it was a male...

I swear "starter set" should be in the Merriam dictionary:
"An overpriced DLC set of 5 fetish outfits in DOA 5 for a new female character."

Your fault for thinking it was gonna be a male lol.

RetroMe91

I just feel this character was a very misguided choice. She doesn't offer any diversity, anything innovative, nor anything that exciting. Gracia would have been an all around better decision. She brings better diversity and doesn't look too aestheticly to anyone else in the cast. Gracia is also more popular in the SW series. She also seems to have loli type costumes. Marie Rose is the most popular in DOA. She is the loli. Clearly, Gracia was more popular, thus she could have been more welcomed, more successful, and lined their pockets better. I believe that Gracia sells to more people, so she would have been a better decision.

Personally, Naotora is just another stereotypical Asian female by appearance... we already have the popular Nyotengu, Kokoro, Momiji, the less popular Leifang, and the mostly unpopular Pai... having more characters with similar appearance will, unfortunately, devalue the other characters like her. This was clear with Leifang's fate.

I would have played Gracia. I doubt I will play Naotora much because I already play Nyotengu and Kokoro.

They keep making nocice decisions about guest characters. Gracia being a better character than Naotora. Vanessa Lewis (or many others honestly) being a better choice than Pai.

Chapstick

They keep making nocice decisions about guest characters. Gracia being a better character than Naotora. Vanessa Lewis (or many others honestly) being a better choice than Pai.
They chose the most iconic VF characters. It doesn't get more iconic than Akira and Pai when it comes to VF. I wanted to see Aoi in DOA though

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD