New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalxInnocence

I hope the Marie Rose, Phase 4, and NyoTengu costumes come with LR as free costumes too. It is only fair.

The debut sets? That's highly unlikely. And if they do, I'll be irritated. Live and learn I guess. Half the costumes they're releasing for free from 5U I've paid for xD, so yes- I'm one of those people who think what I've paid for shouldn't come free to others. Or if they do, I should get reimbursed somehow. So much money on costumes for them to release it all free at a later stage, is a complete joke.

I say keep the paid DLC paid DLC and just put entirely new costumes in so that way people aren't wasting money in the long run. Like I can understand making sets that didn't sell well free, but stuff like debut sets that have barely been around for 9 months... no. By the time the game comes out it wont even have been 12 months since Marie's release.... making those costumes free is a punch in the face to people who bought them less than a year ago.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I hope the Marie Rose, Phase 4, and NyoTengu costumes come with LR as free costumes too. It is only fair.

These are the sets missing:

-Hot getaway
-Ultimate Sexy Costumes
-School Uniform
-Pop Idols
-Team D
-Team O
-Team A
-Trick-or-Treat Halloween Costume Set
-Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Costume
-Tropical Sexy Costume Set
-Marie Rose Debut Costume Set
-Nurse Costumes
-Training Gear Set
-Phase 4 Debut Costume Set
-Overalls
-Bath & Bedtime Costumes
-Maid Costumes
-Nyotengu Debut Costume Set
-Halloween Costume 2014 Set
-Police Uniforms
-Christmas Set

Tyaren

Standard Donor
By the way, you don't have to unlock costumes by rising difficulty levels in the fighting modes anymore, right? To unlock all the costumes would be...
a7f70288_impossibru_onnanoko.jpeg

Kronin

These are the sets missing:

-Hot getaway
-Ultimate Sexy Costumes
-School Uniform
-Pop Idols
-Team D
-Team O
-Team A
-Trick-or-Treat Halloween Costume Set
-Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Costume
-Tropical Sexy Costume Set
-Marie Rose Debut Costume Set
-Nurse Costumes
-Training Gear Set
-Phase 4 Debut Costume Set
-Overalls
-Bath & Bedtime Costumes
-Maid Costumes
-Nyotengu Debut Costume Set
-Halloween Costume 2014 Set
-Police Uniforms
-Christmas Set

Exactly, apparently we should think that it's not a mistake that Hot Getaway is the only excluded set from DoA5 (however it's anyway strange).

PS: By the way there is a mistake in the list because "Pop Idols" is only the name for the complete set including "Team D", "Team O" and "Team A"

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It's safe to say that what didn't make it into the game for free are the best selling sets and/or the most recent sets. People who expected DOA5LR to give away all of DOA5U's DLC for free were delusional. It would have been a slap to the face to people who actually did purchase all of the costumes, like myself. A lot of people will bring up how other games included all DLC for free, but let's be honest, DOA5 has way more costumes than most fighting games. SF4, for example, each character has 3 alts with various colors. That's it. DOA5, although there are copy & paste outfits, each character has enough unique costumes to themselves that makes all the difference. I feel that what they're giving away for free is more than enough for people who are casual fans and most likely won't even buy new DLC for Last Round.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I honestly believe that the only people who will continue to buy costume DLC for Last Round will be the same people who purchased DLC since vanilla or during the run of Ultimate. I'm glad some of my friends are considering purchasing Last Round, but I also know most of them won't bother buying the additional DLC like myself.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Thing is, I know for a fact I'll continue to buy every ayane, ein, hitomi costume I like, but not on Xbox one though I'll buy the docs for ps3/4

Argentus

I'll only buy every Helena costumes as usual.
yeah not a huge deal for me either. i only use two characters, one of whom never gets anything, I'm only regetting a few for Mila. Out of everything that is being made free in Last Round, I'll only be ever using are School Uniform and Bedtime outfits. MAYBE Police. Rest is junk.

Brute

Standard Donor
I will never understand people who buy all the costumes for their main. Every character has had horrible DLC unworthy of a purchase. Furthermore, why would you even want to create the possibility of landing such costumes in a random costume select?

I don't have all the costumes for any of the characters I play. I think the only character I posses all costumes for in the game is Alpha, and obviously that's not a result of any effort on my part.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I will never understand people who buy all the costumes for their main. Every character has had horrible DLC unworthy of a purchase.
That's their pleasure, not yours. Simple as that.

Furthermore, why would you even want to create the possibility of landing such costumes in a random costume select?
I'm sure that's the last thing on people's minds who go out of their way to buy them.

Some do it for the sake of being completionists. Some do it because they can afford to. At the end of the day, it's testament that not everyone is picky.

werewolfgold

At the end of the day, it's testament that not everyone is picky.
Be picky, y'all. :mad:
In all seriousness, the only thing I have a problem with is people who feel like they have no choice but to buy it. It's like, whenever TN cranks out random BS, I swear I've seen some people go "This costume sucks. *takes out wallet anyway*" Team Ninja did not implant some kind of chip in your brain. You have a choice. You really do. Don't reward TN for putting in no goddamn effort.

Also, Happy New Year from Japan. :cool:

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If I had all the money in the world, I would buy everything they offer too. Why not? But as I have to economize, I can't buy everything and so I'm more selective with the costumes.

werewolfgold

If I had all the money in the world, I would buy everything they offer too. Why not? But as I have to economize, I can't buy everything and so I'm more selective with the costumes.
You, an artist and designer, who would complain if a single vertex on a polygon mesh or pixel on a texture were out of place, would deem every single extra outfit that Team Ninja has released for DOA5 to be of quality worthy of purchasing? Surely, you jest.

I dunno, man. At the prices that they set, where buying all the extra costumes would entail forking over enough cash to buy the baseline game 10 times over plus, it's a terrible precedent. Even if I had the money to burn, no sale.

But, you don't have to listen to me. I'm insensitive and overly judgmental.

Aspect

Given that its almost new years, I would've liked to see a New Year's party themed costume pack. Giving everyone some more semi-formal attire

Blash

Given that its almost new years, I would've liked to see a New Year's party themed costume pack. Giving everyone some more semi-formal attire[/QUOTE

I would LOVE to see big ball room stuff, that would be great!

SilverForte

I'm just glad that for the most part only good costumes are being rereleased on LR, of the few costumes I've purchased they came from legacy, casual, or the orochi packs so I'm glad I won't have to pay for them again. Only one I'll have to get again is one halloween outfit for momiji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD