New DOA5 version announced (Momiji!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeincarnated

Yeah people keep saying that but let's do the math here only two of the stages actually even have a cliffhanger option and only one of them even gives you a decent chance of activating it.a fight can be settled on Flow before you even get close to triggering it most often so really that's pretty much just Scramble you're ever going to see it on and even on that stage it's rare to see.

These things are a pain to set up I want some sort of reward.
Well they should just bring stair throws back. ;)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
While we're on that topic anyone wanna play guess that cliffhanger for the new characters?

Leon's grab: grabs them by the face with one hand and slams the back of the skulls into the ground

Momiji's hit:Knocks them into the air then double jumps above them and does a vertical dive kick right into their stomache till they land

Jaguar360

While we're on that topic anyone wanna play guess that cliffhanger for the new characters?

Leon's grab: grabs them by the face with one hand and slams the back of the skulls into the ground

Momiji's hit:Knocks them into the air then double jumps above them and does a vertical dive kick right into their stomache till they land
Leon's hit: 3 arm swings (Basically his :4::P+K::[P]::[P]:)
Momiji's throw: Izuna Falcon XD

Julius Rage

Leon: Mid air bitch slap (Charlie Murphy style where the slap follows you to the ground)

Momiji: Stone Cold Stunner

Nightpup

Ein Strike Cliffhanger:
Runs up to them, uppercuts them into the air then jumps down to the lower tier. When they fall, he nearly impales them on his leg with a high kick to their middle back before shoving them off.

Ein Throw Cliffhanger:
Runs up to them, grabs them by their hand and drags them down to the ground with him. He lets go when he lands, and they fall down in front of him. He punches them square in the face and strikes a pose.

IceMage95

Unless they change how cliffhangers work I'd rather not see anymore of them. Reason why there are only two to begin with is because of the backlash TN got about the mechanic.
Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but what kind of backlash did TN get about it?

Reactions: Dan

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Excuse me for sounding ignorant, but what kind of backlash did TN get about it?
QTE sequences like cliffhangers are believed to break the flow of the game and create even more guessing, which DOA5 is trying to break away from compared to its predecessor, which lacked any guaranteed situations of any kind.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i don't care about the flow it's no worse than any other situation that leaves your opponent away from harm like say a knock back and its bound you shake up your opponent after getting hit by one,just make em guaranteed

Raansu

The cliffhanger animations don't bother me, it's the mechanic behind them that does. Then again, I'd still prefer they bring back old school dangerzones. What happened to the good ole days of knocking someone through a fucking window and they crash through a neon sign down into the streets? Stages in general are just boring in DoA5.

TRI Mike

Yeah I think the same. Stages in DOA5 are pretty bland in general. The ones in DOA2U, 3 and even 4 were much more fun. If Leon comes back, Ein needs to come back too. We fans have to literally bomb Team NINJA with tweets and messages about this until we get confirmation they're back.

Then there's the issue of the system itself. Too many stuns being holdable, Tina and other grapplers not having enough guaranteed ground grabs, Helena relying on something TN most likely didn't have in mind at all, stun threshold being too long, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD