New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Jerk

Had to recreate my account ( I think I had one) as it's been a while since I posted here. Looking forward to the 6th installment! In the meantime, I'll be rocking Soul Calibur VI until DOA6 drops.
Currently leaning towards PC for new fighters. Previously on XBox and may pick it up for that platform again in the future but for now it's PC time.

Airgens

New to the forums and essentially new to the series, been hooked since the free version of 5 dropped. Big Hayate & Momiji fan and looking forward to taking the game more serious now. I'm not good yet but willing to dedicate myself into getting good :)

jellypvdding

created an account and just wanted to say hi, so, hi. haha. i'm jelly pvdding.

yeah so i caught the last hour or so of the doa festival on youtube just as the one guy won and continued watching until the end of the live stream. i didn't understand what they were saying. the character trailers were cool. the screenshot thing was cute, i didn't get it but they seemed to be having fun.

right. hopefully the next time you see me, i'll have something interesting to say. haha.

RagnorRob

Hello all! I've been reading this forum pretty regularly since DOA6 was announced and am very hype for the game. I loved DOA5 but I have never played any of the games before that. I was never very good, and quickly abandoned ever trying to get a counter-hold, but I plan to put more time into learning the game this time around. Hoping to learn something from the forums here.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Hello all! I've been reading this forum pretty regularly since DOA6 was announced and am very hype for the game. I loved DOA5 but I have never played any of the games before that. I was never very good, and quickly abandoned ever trying to get a counter-hold, but I plan to put more time into learning the game this time around. Hoping to learn something from the forums here.
Welcome! You'll definitely find some people here who can put you through your paces and help you learn. Possibly the hard way lol

Onryoki

Standard Donor
If you want my help, I don’t mind helping you explaining the basics.

RagnorRob

If you want my help, I don’t mind helping you explaining the basics.

Thanks! I think I'm going to pick up DOA5 again soon, dig into the tutorial, and start trying to get fluid with the fundamentals... I'm hoping most of them will carry over to 6. I always understood how the system is supposed to work but I just could never recognize when to use the counters properly. That seemed to be an automatic get blown up by my opponent button for me.

Dr PaC

Welcome Rob! Glad to have u here in the community. Getting good is part of why we all are here. There’s some good advice on this forum and I’m looking forward to learning DOA all over again with ya when DOA6 comes out seeing as how some mechanics are different.

Castle1983

Hello All,

With exception of arcade games from many years ago I am new to fighting games and even though have very little time for entertainment I'm excited and want to try to get good in the new DOA6. Maybe even try tournament sometime. I read really good things about the hitbox so I was thinking to start right off the bat getting used to this controller but my worry is if it is competitions approved. What is your experience?

Thank you.

Jackie Chan Fan

Welcome to FSD, Castle1983!

I used to play fighting games in the arcades too. I'm not good in certain games that's why I lose after just 1 match. It's usually on SNK games. lol

Castle1983

Thanks,

Yes I used to play the Street fighter and MK series when they came up at first but was never able to perform those half circle moves on the arcades unlike some other guys who did magic as soon as they touch them and so ended up hating this games. It seems like now the fighting system in them is much deeper and complex than back then and also the good choice of peripherals make them appealing.

Jackie Chan Fan

And for a fighting game like Dead or Alive (or Tekken), it is more in memorizing the combos than doing those joystick motions. That's another set of complexity.

Forward + P, Down + P, PPK

Dr PaC

Thanks,

Yes I used to play the Street fighter and MK series when they came up at first but was never able to perform those half circle moves on the arcades unlike some other guys who did magic as soon as they touch them and so ended up hating this games. It seems like now the fighting system in them is much deeper and complex than back then and also the good choice of peripherals make them appealing.
Welcome to the community Castle!
@Jackie Chan Fan is right as far as what 3d fighters do, its mostly about knowing your combo strings and mixing it up so you dont become too predictable. Whats sets DOA apart from the other 3d fighters tho is the triangle system. Trying to holds is a little intimidating at first but as you start to recognize the strings your opponents are using, you'll start throwing out holds with more confidence. Hope you stick around for a long time and again, glad to have ya

Impact Finale

Hi guys! speaking of Hi where is High Guy ? and Hatrify, and Rikuto? And PMS Kagero... and Punishere? and Awesmic?and Undead Zealot, and Sweet Revenge, and Ninja taiden, and Nod Subway, and Newborn Athlete, and and and.... my head hurts >_<

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD