New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

JayDios

Yo all. I'm not particularly new to FSD as a lurker but I finally decided to make an account. DOA is also something that isn't new to me, since I've been playing since DOA1+. Don't get it twisted though...all those years of playing doesn't mean I'm good, but I'm working on it. A little "about me" i can say is that I'm an active duty soldier currently deployed, but I plan to start becoming more active in the offline DOA scene, whether its Texas Shout out to Texas and California players!

Saboteur-6

Greetings DoA community! After watching NEC this weekend my interest in DoA5U has been piqued and I went ahead and bought the full version. I'm a lowly, lowly, DoA noob with little to no real experience in the series. What characters are low entry to help me learn the engine and mechanics? I dig Lisa but she seems a bit difficult to use.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hey everyone, and welcome.

P.S. - What the heck is "Moves" in the character select screen? Is that a rough estimate of how technical the character is?
A rough estimation of the variety of tools at your disposal. For example, Ayane has lots of crushing moves, evasive/spacing moves, BT moves, can flip over your head, a plethora of mix-ups, etc. so she gets a lot of points in the "moves" category. Meanwhile, Leon, who is mostly slow mid punches with little mix-up, has lower in the moves category.

What characters are low entry to help me learn the engine and mechanics? I dig Lisa but she seems a bit difficult to use.
Momiji is a pretty accessible character, as is Rachel. But honestly, the most important thing is that you pick a character you like; one that feels and looks cool to you and that you enjoy using. That's what will motivate you to try to keep getting better. If you pick a character that's "newbie friendly" but don't feel passionate about them, things will seem harder and less rewarding than if you pick a harder character to use, but are enthusiastic about using them.

Lisa can be a tricky one, but she is very fun. If you like grapplers, I'll throw out a pitch for Ryu Hayabusa and Leon as well. Izuna drops are the bomb and Leon, well, he's Leon.

If you ever want to run some matches on PSN, just let me know.

ToiletMangoes

What's up everyone? I am fairly new to DOA as well, 5U being my first. Been playing since launch and loving it. I play Lisa as my main. I love her lucha style. I agree she is tricky to use but tons of fun once you get how she plays. Some other FGs I also play are: Soul Calibur(Xianghua/Leixa), Tekken(still learning), and Street Fighter.

So far FSD has been very welcoming, friendly, and helpful, being new to the site it is greatly appreciated. Hope to see some of you online. PSN handle is the same as it is here.

CBB

What up!? I used to be on doac back in the doa3 days as johnny skillez. I took a long break from gaming but I'm back. I'm not currently on Xbox live. I heard WiFi is terrible for playing fighting games? I'm in NW Indiana, part of the Chicago suburbs. Looking for players in the area. Oh and I'm playing only DoA5u.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Welcome to FreeStepDodge and the DOA community, folks.

New to the site and somewhat new to DOA...never had it until the ps3 version was released. My two PSN ID's are Lamonte91 and Ragnarok_Pridex6. HMU for some good fights.

Hey there, I see that you're in SoCal. What part of Southern California do you reside?

A lot of us SoCal players have offline casual gatherings every weekend and some times during the week, along with local tournaments for Wednesday Night Fights at Super Arcade. If you're interested in either (or all).

I'm always looking to getting more players into our crowd and getting everyone active offline. I'm usually helping the newer players with the game as well.

Yeah that's me. I remember you too. At least I remember getting rocked by your Ayane lol. I still play blazblue too and still main Tsubaki. We should play again sometime.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to Xboxlive at home anymore (DOA online in DOA5 is quite awful for someone adept at offline play as it is :/ ). I am planning to get BBCP in the future. When my situation for online gaming access changes, we can play for sure though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allan Paris

I've had the pleasure of playing you on the ps3 a few days ago. Glad to see that you are here on the site.

I heard WiFi is terrible for playing fighting games? I'm in NW Indiana, part of the Chicago suburbs. Looking for players in the area. Oh and I'm playing only DoA5u.

Yeah being hard wired with your internet is a lot better than wireless when playing online. Check out this thread since you are a part of the MW: http://freestepdodge.com/threads/midwest-motor-city-mayhem.1083/. Frosty Faustings VI is coming up at the end of December on the 28-29. It will be held in IL at this location http://www.gamepazzo.com/.

Welcome to everyone else that have made their presence known in the community by registering and posting here. Best of luck to you all and your growth with the game.

Ironheart

Hello everyone, new member to FSD here. Ive come here a few times in the past as a lurker, but i finally got the full version of DOA5U so i figured it was time to make an account. Not really new to the series as DOA2 was my first DOA. Look forward to meeting and playing you guys and may already know a few of you from TYM. If you wanna play me just hit me up on PSN.

Ivan Osorio

Greetings! I've been lurking around for a while, since DOA5, which was my first. Once I decided to get 5U I thought to make an account but haven't posted until today, so since I took that step, I decided to also introduce myself here.

I've really fallen for this game, but I seem to be the only person in my vicinity that cares for it from an actual fighting game stand point. I'm not a pro player; hell, I would consider myself a pretty damn casual one, but I like the game, I like the mechanics, I like the RPS system and the stages. I also appreciate the spectacle and the costumes. I'm interested in learning more about the game, and talking about moves, match ups and silly things way above my actual playing level, because I like theory and stuff.

I main Rachel (thinking about Momiji and Tina as 2nd and 3rd respectively) and consider myself extremely bad at it, but I enjoy the challenge (even though I play the game mostly on normal, so I wouldn't exactly call it CHALLENGE). I don't play online much because I live in a more or less country side area of Brazil and internet here is not exactly A Grade. So the few matches online I have played were almost always riddled with lag. Which sort of takes the fun away pretty quickly, specially when you don't know the people.

So... Anyway. Nice to meet you all. Hope we can have some nice talks. This seems a really nice community.

Kidachi_Ni

Yo everyone! I want to get back into DOA again. Few of you might have played me in DOA4 online (Kidachi). It seems the DOA community has become even more awesome!

Asuras

Hi there all. While I'm new to Free Step Dodge, I've played DoA since 2000 with DoA2 (when I was five years old, questionable parental decisions), and began to think of myself as more "competitive" with DoA4 in its later years before DoA5 came about. Since 5 I've become more and more devoted to it, and FSD seemed to offer a place I can learn/interact with others who are similarly interested.

I'm definitely still a casual player in terms of skill, but I've certainly improved over the years. Ayane has remained my main for the longest time, though I dabble in Alpha from time to time. I move between the Bay Area and Seattle WA area throughout the year. Nice to meet you all!

S KILL

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hi DOA community S KILL from Greece!
Im into all fighting games and currently im focusing
to DOA5U due to the VF cast which i love and the fact
that Team Ninja did really good with this new chapter of DOA family.
I own all of DOA games but im not that good at it cause its side step
baffles me a lot cause the movement tracking system of the game differs
way too much from VF's or TTT2.
All in all i really like DOA5U and i hope together we will improve and have a
hell of a time!
:pai:
:akira:PEACE!:jacky:
:sarah:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD