New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

TheRealCoxinator

I have never been great at fighting games too, but DoA has been a game I have been waiting close to 5 years to get good at DoA, but I never owed a previous gen console, so I always went to friend's house etc. Never got a chance to really practice, so when DOALR got on PC, regardless whether it was poor quality it was a chance for me to actually practice the shit out of it, without having to rely on external sources. Then when I finally get a console after my national exams I can go all out. Anyway, I can not rage at DoA cos the passion for it keeps me going lol. Even though I suck so badly. Thanks for all the help! This community is really great haha.

As for the basics, I kinda gotten the grasp of the raw basics but I really need practice on reading people moves. I guess practice is what it all boils down too then
Best be grabbin that playstation quad, boi.

chuankaimah

true that. But I still have trouble playing high difficulties lol. All the learnt basics suddenly go to waste and I start to panic, finding myself mashing buttons, which means I lose eventually.

Sho'nuff

I'm not "too" new to the site, as I've kept a low profile here but I might as well and fully introduce myself to you all.

The name is "Sho'Nuff and I can classify myself as a DOA lover and player that's looking forward to serving the FGC and the DOA community. For now, all I am is just a starving player looking to achieve his goals.

While I do enjoy choosing a few favorite characters of mine in the series (Tina and Zack being the top two), I mostly main Sarah and Rachel; the former is my favorite VF character and the latter would be the same for Ninja Gaiden.

Overall, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you Coolies and just being social on this site for once. Stay blessed and keep the glow!

150781_10204072838718055_3553465132756612963_n.jpg

ADVIII

Hey. I'm ADVIII. I use characters Jann Lee, Christie and possible Akira.
I'm on PS3 for now. I mosty battle online. My PSN ID is ADVIII. Im off Tues, Weds, Sats. Hit me up or add me on PSN

OH I forgot. I've been here for awhile I just don't post much, but have been reading alot of your forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rand0M Mofo

Hi. I signed up for this site about an hour ago. I'm known as Random Mofo. (written with a 0 and a capital M on 'random') I first got interested in the series with DOA2 H*C for the PS2. Played the game since months ago. It serves nostalgia for me since I never played the game (and my PS2) for more than 7 years. Never got to play another DOA game until I bought DOA5LR via PSN. I found out about the DOA5 series long time ago but hearing about the lack of content and the content only added in the future made me wait for the latest edition of DOA5 to be released. Bought the game and enjoyed it a lot. I don't play online much since opponents are rare to find.

I found out about FSD and DOAWorld but never joined either of them cause' I was lazy to make a forum account. But I had fun reading threads and learning gameplay from both sites. Now I created an account just so I can participate the fun here. So I look forward to support this community and game more.

Oh yeah, just in case anyone is interested to play online anytime, my PSN is kevinslife

Last edited by a moderator:

Lion

Hey guys. I'm new to the site. I signed up a couple of days ago. In my history of fighting games I would just button mash but with DOA5 I'm trying to learn juggles,CB combos, frame advantage etc but I'm still a newbie. My only other DOA experience was DOA4 for 360 but as a casual.

My main so far is Hitomi and I'm starting to pick up Elliot. My goals are to attend at least one tourny for this game and to become at least a B player online. If anyone has any general online tips it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

chuankaimah

harlo I am here once again. Just want to say I am liking Hitomi even more lol. However due to academics I cant play much. Though I have one burning question. It is better to master the move list before settling down and working out juggles and stuff right

LaBaguette

Hello everyone :)
I signed up on this site hoping to learn more about how to get good at this game. I only played DOA5 on XBox 360 and bought Last Round for PC. I play other figthing games ( Soul Calibur, Smash Bros, Tekken,... ) more or less seriously. I play mostly "for fun" although I try to be the best I can on my main, and occasionaly try to get technical about a game. Right now I want to learn DOA. Online for Last Round on PC cannot come too soon.

TheRealCoxinator

Step 1. Do the tutorial

Step 2. Do the story mode to get a feel for most of the characters no matter how bad the story mode actually is.

Step 3. After finding your preferred character then forget about them and keep trying everyone else' command practice and combo challenges.

Step 4. NOW you can pick your "main."

Step 5. Look up combos and what you should do with your character in certain situations. Practice them.

Step 6. Continue to train with them in the arcade going up one level, for 3 months until multiplayer comes out.

giphy.gif

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Hello everyone
I'm new to the site and i'm looking for people to play and help me level up . I just got the game for ps4 and i like it i just would like to know how to play it.

You're in Pittsburg, CA? If you're ever interested in learning the game and having casuals offline, we can talk. I'm in Pittsburg as well and host casuals on the weekends some times. Welcome to FreeStepDodge by the way. :)

Bobwolf 925

You're in Pittsburg, CA? If you're ever interested in learning the game and having casuals offline, we can talk. I'm in Pittsburg as well and host casuals on the weekends some times. Welcome to FreeStepDodge by the way. :)
I'm down to play offline hit me up next time you have a session.

Erii

Hi everyone! My name's Enrique but For Short is Erii! From Canada Montreal here, I never had a chance playing Other DoA games, its my first one, that is why i am here to gets some knowledge. Hope to gets somme fun along the way.
(My primary language is french soo sorry in advance for my very basic english.)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Hi everyone! My name's Enrique but For Short is Erii! From Canada Montreal here, I never had a chance playing Other DoA games, its my first one, that is why i am here to gets some knowledge. Hope to gets somme fun along the way.
(My primary language is french soo sorry in advance for my very basic english.)
Hello there. What's up good sir? Welcome! I see that you decided to pick up Kasumi as your main. That means that you're a fellow clan member. For you & other Kasumi players here, Check this thread out. Has other useful resources within the thread too that will help you learn the game :). Feel free to drop a line if you need anything. :cool: Enjoy your stay. Glad to have you all.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...y-doa5lr-kasumi-comprehensive-breakdown.2921/

eMpTy

Hi.

I'm new to fighting games completely. Sometimes I would play them at a friend's house, but that was rarely and all any of us did was mash. I bought DOA5 on PC, and I'm surprised at how much fun it is. Even the early tutorial is incredibly difficult for me. I'm hoping there's a community for it online when that is released.

LeiFangFan85

Hi everyone. My name is LeiFangFan85 and I'm a huge fan of video games and drawing in general. If anyone wants to be my friend on PSN, my username is LeiFangFan85. By the way, here are some artwork I did.:)

A quick sketch of the Mega Man characters in chibi form in my version of UMvC3.

umvc3_fan_artwork__mega_man_characters_chibi_form_by_leifanghelenafan-d8hixam.jpg

A quick sketch of what SonSon's Vs. Portrait looks like in my version of UMvC3.

2014_10_20_225711_by_leifanghelenafan-d83lv17.jpg

A quick sketch of Hitomi and Leifang of the Dead or Alive series.

002_by_leifanghelenafan-d7jqoyf.jpg

A quick sketch of the Capcom protagonists, from my version of UMvC3, parodying the cover art for the mobile game Soul Calibur: Unbreakable Soul.

001_by_leifanghelenafan-d7ou7px.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD