Nioh General Discussion

Brute

Standard Donor
Question:

I have >100% elemental damage reduction when guarding. In Nioh 1, this meant that if I was blocking, I wouldn't receive any chip damage from elemental attacks, and would merely lose some ki depending on the attack type blocked. However, now when I guard elemental attacks, I don't receive any raw damage, but elemental effect conditions still begin to build up.

As someone who designed their entire build to rely on frequent blocking, this is pretty fucking annoying. Now if i block a lightning attack I still get fucking thrust into the slow-mo realm for an eternity, effectively halting the game for a few minutes until the electrified condition wears off because you can't effectively play this game like a hack'n'slash when you move like a sloth/snail chimera. Furthermore, any potential scenario that involves two or more element spams means immediate confusion/discord, and now I can't block at all. If lightning was one of the two elements that contributed, I'm now running in circles, in slow-mo, without the ability to block, where attacking is suicide and I just have to stare at the fucking debuff icons ticking away until I'm finally allowed to play again.

Was Nioh 2 always like this, or is this some bullshit that changed with the patch/update?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So unsure of anyone else, but that 1.12 new update seemed to have made the game a bit buggier(?). The first mission DLC for me renders to be unplayable at halfway point. Has anyone reached this problem as of yet? or maybe even before the patch?

I have: PS4 Pro/Action mode.

It'll blue screen and closes the app.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
So unsure of anyone else, but that 1.12 new update seemed to have made the game a bit buggier. The first mission DLC for me renders to be unplayable at halfway point. Has anyone reached this problem as of yet? or maybe even before the patch?

I have: PS4 Pro/Action mode.

It'll blue screen and closes the app.
Haven't tested the first mission after the patch. I actually experienced that issue on one of the side missions before the 1.12 patch, however.
After the 1.12 patch, I was able to complete the side mission normally.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Haven't tested the first mission after the patch. I actually experienced that issue on one of the side missions before the 1.12 patch, however.
After the 1.12 patch, I was able to complete the side mission normally.

Gotcha no problem, going to try again later tonight. I just took it as a Sony online thing so will probably try to play the game completely offline to see if the error pops up there. It's weird but had it pop up 3x in a row on the new update so was curious. Luckily it's playable around 70% of the shipyard mission so maybe a workaround to not get it triggered easily I guess, will try.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So there is a bug on that first DLC mission. Apparently if you take a certain path after you drop down from the ship skipping the hull part, and then returning, and then proceeding causes some sort of graphic bug from rendering and loading and then you'll blue screen. Coincidentally I also take route because you can sneak up on some enemies from behind for a free Iai Strike lel.

Someone posted it on the FB Nioh group and the Nioh discord. Manny is aware of it and will send it to the team.

Leifang

I tried out photo mode for the first time, I t’s pretty nice. Also the scroll quest are random. It was confusing at first. So far, I haven’t stumbled across any new areas yet.
A3E43B93-D9C2-4DAF-B26D-AD01802ED090.jpeg
4EA2C8B8-56D4-4116-AB45-39A200AAD604.jpeg
2C72A5CB-FC41-4A82-AC7B-F7A3F1CB0B47.jpeg
4D06F291-7FA8-476A-911E-36EF226CAB81.jpeg

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Adjustment
  • Increased the drop rate of sacred weapons in the “Emaki Mission” of “Sura no Yumeji” and “Hyakki Yayuki Emaki/Shura”
  • Adjusted the enemy’s physical strength and increased the enemy’s attack power when playing Tokuyo accompanied by 3 players
    *When played by 2 people, there is no change from Ver 1.12.
  • Adjusted the physical strength of the following bosses in “Shura no Yumeji”
    • Sickle weasel
    • Princess Nagabe
  • Adjusted the damage when hitting a weak point in “Shura no Yumeji”
  • Decreased the number of enemies appearing at the same time, enemy species, and timing in some “Emaki missions”
  • Changed to be able to get “Hyakuya no Kaori” with a certain probability if you can not get a picture scroll when you participate as a guest in the “Emaki Mission”
  • Adjusted the damage increase amount in the 1-2 stage of special effect “multi-talented and versatile”, and adjusted the damage increase amount in the 4-9 stage upward
  • The following adjustments have been made for the “prepared stick”
    • Adjusted the homing of the martial arts “Olymaki”
    • Adjusted the knockback so that it is easier to hit consecutively when using the martial arts “Sweeping Judge”
    • Adjusted the damage of the martial arts “Sweeping Judge”
    • When using the martial arts “Touhou Soumei”, extend the timing for deriving derivative works
    • Adjusted knockback so that the martial arts “Ssanryu Ranbu” can easily hit the enemy
    • Adjusted knockback so that the martial arts “Bounce Fishing Bottle” can easily hit the enemy
    • Adjusted the homing and attack occurrence of the martial arts “Bounce Fishing Bottle”
    • Adjusted so that the martial arts “Kozukiki” can easily hit the enemy
    • Adjusted the damage and attack occurrence of the martial arts “Side Attack”
    • Adjusted the power of the martial arts “Shibagiri” upward, adjusted the energy damage downward
    • Adjusted the forward distance of the martial arts “Shibaragi 2” and the damage when just input was successful
    • Adjusted the martial arts “Ryukai” to make it easier to hit the enemy, and adjusted the damage upward
    • Adjusted to quickly generate an attack when you receive an enemy attack with the martial arts “Kotei”
    • Adjusted the forward distance so that it is easier to catch the enemy’s attack with the martial arts “small hand stop”
    • Adjusted the martial arts “Kokukuki” damage and energy damage upward. Reduces rigidity after attack
    • Adjusted the damage of martial arts “Kasashita”
    • Adjusted the energy damage of normal attacks upward
    • Increased the damage of strong attacks in the middle row
    • Adjusted the damage and advance amount of the fast attack in the lower row upward
Bug fixes
    • Fixed a bug that the player may reposition unnaturally at the end of the action of the training crawling martial arts “Ryubanki”
    • Fixed a bug that the martial arts did not appear when performing a specific action when using the training crawling martial arts “Sanryu Ranbu”
    • Fixed a bug that the way to reduce energy was different from the expected when using the training skill “Ssanryu Ranbu”
    • Fixed a bug that you can cancel before the attack power increase effect is added when using the training skill “Ssanryu Ranbu 2”
    • Fixed a bug that the shock wave of the Yokai weapon’s demon activation state may not occur when using a strong attack after avoiding with a charging shank
    • Fixed a bug that the number of hits did not increase when using the training cue martial arts “Tourou Feng Shuange” “Kotei” with the mystery “Circle continuous method” set
    • Fixed a bug that some attacks may not hit when using the training crawling martial arts “Ryoranki” with the mystery “dragon snake crawling method” set when equipped with a training crawler
    • Fixed a bug that the hit timing of some attacks of the training martial arts “Ryoranki” was different from the appearance
    • Fixed a bug that the secret mystery is wrong with the fast attack of the middle and upper tiers
    • Fixed a bug where Zanshin could not be activated when the martial arts “Houmei Sword” was activated by pressing and holding the button.
    • Fixed a bug that the martial arts customization skill of “Zanshin When” was lost when loading save data.
    • Fixed a bug that parrying martial arts would be established against the martial arts of the “Career” used by the enemy
    • Fixed a bug that “Blue Dragon” does not move up and down even if the player moves in a place where there is a difference in height while the guardian spirit “Blue Dragon” is active
    • Fixed a bug in which “Blue Dragon” may follow different players when calling the guardian spirit of “Blue Dragon” in multiplayer.
    • Fixed a bug that damage caused to the enemy is reduced if you perform another action such as moving after activating the following Yokai technique
      • Warrior
      • Night sword god
      • Daedalaboch
      • Tree spirit
    • Corrected the position of the Ushiwaka Senki’s main mission “Arashi Calm Whistle” so that you can get items placed in places that you can not get
    • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi Calm Whistle” that caused the boss to be unable to progress when he died in the sea
    • Fixed a bug where Sukebit did not attack the boss in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi calm whistle”
    • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi calm whistle” that the boss might remain down in certain steps
    • Fixed a bug that an application error might occur when defeating the boss in the main mission “Hitoyokatsu no Hate” of Ushiwaka Senki
    • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki Submission “Beyond the White Blade” that could cause the boss to be unable to proceed while riding on the lantern
    • Fixed an issue where the attack on “Date Asamune” would not be hit if you started accompanying “Date Asamune” in the Ushiwaka Senki’s submission “Reishiishi no Hoshizoku”
    • Fixed a bug that the item of Sacred Rarity might be dropped due to the destruction of some enemies with “Shards of Difficulty”
    • Fixed a bug that when the initial weapon after “NEW GAME” is selected, the “heart” is actually raised even though “Spell+1” is displayed when “Career” is selected.
      *The parameters do not change even if Ver1.13 is applied. If you use the Rokudou Rinsho, the original parameter increase will be reflected.
    • Fixed a bug that “Built-in” can be obtained in Garakuta City when the additional content “Ushiwaka Senki” is not applied.
      * If you save data without applying the additional content “Ushiwaka Senki”, all the prepared sticks acquired in Garakuta City will be lost.
    • Fixed a bug that the special effect of equipment sold in “Kiraku no Garakuta City” of “Shura no Yumeji” changes when going in and out of “Kiraku no Garakuta City”
    • Fixed a bug that illegal characters were added to the end of “Picture scroll discoverer” in “Hyakki Yayuki picture scroll”
    • Fixed a bug that the “Grace” special effect is not added to the following spear weapons
      • Bi 々 Luo Mu no Eight Searching Spears
      • Swan spear
    • Fixed a bug that illegal effects are displayed in “Effect icon list”
    • Fixed a bug that the special effect of “Grace” cannot be filtered
  • Other minor bugs fixed

Leifang

Adjustment
  • Increased the drop rate of sacred weapons in the “Emaki Mission” of “Sura no Yumeji” and “Hyakki Yayuki Emaki/Shura”
  • Adjusted the enemy’s physical strength and increased the enemy’s attack power when playing Tokuyo accompanied by 3 players
    *When played by 2 people, there is no change from Ver 1.12.
  • Adjusted the physical strength of the following bosses in “Shura no Yumeji”
    • Sickle weasel
    • Princess Nagabe
  • Adjusted the damage when hitting a weak point in “Shura no Yumeji”
  • Decreased the number of enemies appearing at the same time, enemy species, and timing in some “Emaki missions”
  • Changed to be able to get “Hyakuya no Kaori” with a certain probability if you can not get a picture scroll when you participate as a guest in the “Emaki Mission”
  • Adjusted the damage increase amount in the 1-2 stage of special effect “multi-talented and versatile”, and adjusted the damage increase amount in the 4-9 stage upward
  • The following adjustments have been made for the “prepared stick”
    • Adjusted the homing of the martial arts “Olymaki”
    • Adjusted the knockback so that it is easier to hit consecutively when using the martial arts “Sweeping Judge”
    • Adjusted the damage of the martial arts “Sweeping Judge”
    • When using the martial arts “Touhou Soumei”, extend the timing for deriving derivative works
    • Adjusted knockback so that the martial arts “Ssanryu Ranbu” can easily hit the enemy
    • Adjusted knockback so that the martial arts “Bounce Fishing Bottle” can easily hit the enemy
    • Adjusted the homing and attack occurrence of the martial arts “Bounce Fishing Bottle”
    • Adjusted so that the martial arts “Kozukiki” can easily hit the enemy
    • Adjusted the damage and attack occurrence of the martial arts “Side Attack”
    • Adjusted the power of the martial arts “Shibagiri” upward, adjusted the energy damage downward
    • Adjusted the forward distance of the martial arts “Shibaragi 2” and the damage when just input was successful
    • Adjusted the martial arts “Ryukai” to make it easier to hit the enemy, and adjusted the damage upward
    • Adjusted to quickly generate an attack when you receive an enemy attack with the martial arts “Kotei”
    • Adjusted the forward distance so that it is easier to catch the enemy’s attack with the martial arts “small hand stop”
    • Adjusted the martial arts “Kokukuki” damage and energy damage upward. Reduces rigidity after attack
    • Adjusted the damage of martial arts “Kasashita”
    • Adjusted the energy damage of normal attacks upward
    • Increased the damage of strong attacks in the middle row
    • Adjusted the damage and advance amount of the fast attack in the lower row upward
Bug fixes
    • Fixed a bug that the player may reposition unnaturally at the end of the action of the training crawling martial arts “Ryubanki”
    • Fixed a bug that the martial arts did not appear when performing a specific action when using the training crawling martial arts “Sanryu Ranbu”
    • Fixed a bug that the way to reduce energy was different from the expected when using the training skill “Ssanryu Ranbu”
    • Fixed a bug that you can cancel before the attack power increase effect is added when using the training skill “Ssanryu Ranbu 2”
    • Fixed a bug that the shock wave of the Yokai weapon’s demon activation state may not occur when using a strong attack after avoiding with a charging shank
    • Fixed a bug that the number of hits did not increase when using the training cue martial arts “Tourou Feng Shuange” “Kotei” with the mystery “Circle continuous method” set
    • Fixed a bug that some attacks may not hit when using the training crawling martial arts “Ryoranki” with the mystery “dragon snake crawling method” set when equipped with a training crawler
    • Fixed a bug that the hit timing of some attacks of the training martial arts “Ryoranki” was different from the appearance
    • Fixed a bug that the secret mystery is wrong with the fast attack of the middle and upper tiers
    • Fixed a bug where Zanshin could not be activated when the martial arts “Houmei Sword” was activated by pressing and holding the button.
    • Fixed a bug that the martial arts customization skill of “Zanshin When” was lost when loading save data.
    • Fixed a bug that parrying martial arts would be established against the martial arts of the “Career” used by the enemy
    • Fixed a bug that “Blue Dragon” does not move up and down even if the player moves in a place where there is a difference in height while the guardian spirit “Blue Dragon” is active
    • Fixed a bug in which “Blue Dragon” may follow different players when calling the guardian spirit of “Blue Dragon” in multiplayer.
    • Fixed a bug that damage caused to the enemy is reduced if you perform another action such as moving after activating the following Yokai technique
      • Warrior
      • Night sword god
      • Daedalaboch
      • Tree spirit
    • Corrected the position of the Ushiwaka Senki’s main mission “Arashi Calm Whistle” so that you can get items placed in places that you can not get
    • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi Calm Whistle” that caused the boss to be unable to progress when he died in the sea
    • Fixed a bug where Sukebit did not attack the boss in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi calm whistle”
    • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki main mission “Arashi calm whistle” that the boss might remain down in certain steps
    • Fixed a bug that an application error might occur when defeating the boss in the main mission “Hitoyokatsu no Hate” of Ushiwaka Senki
    • Fixed a bug in the Ushiwaka Senki Submission “Beyond the White Blade” that could cause the boss to be unable to proceed while riding on the lantern
    • Fixed an issue where the attack on “Date Asamune” would not be hit if you started accompanying “Date Asamune” in the Ushiwaka Senki’s submission “Reishiishi no Hoshizoku”
    • Fixed a bug that the item of Sacred Rarity might be dropped due to the destruction of some enemies with “Shards of Difficulty”
    • Fixed a bug that when the initial weapon after “NEW GAME” is selected, the “heart” is actually raised even though “Spell+1” is displayed when “Career” is selected.
      *The parameters do not change even if Ver1.13 is applied. If you use the Rokudou Rinsho, the original parameter increase will be reflected.
    • Fixed a bug that “Built-in” can be obtained in Garakuta City when the additional content “Ushiwaka Senki” is not applied.
      * If you save data without applying the additional content “Ushiwaka Senki”, all the prepared sticks acquired in Garakuta City will be lost.
    • Fixed a bug that the special effect of equipment sold in “Kiraku no Garakuta City” of “Shura no Yumeji” changes when going in and out of “Kiraku no Garakuta City”
    • Fixed a bug that illegal characters were added to the end of “Picture scroll discoverer” in “Hyakki Yayuki picture scroll”
    • Fixed a bug that the “Grace” special effect is not added to the following spear weapons
      • Bi 々 Luo Mu no Eight Searching Spears
      • Swan spear
    • Fixed a bug that illegal effects are displayed in “Effect icon list”
    • Fixed a bug that the special effect of “Grace” cannot be filtered
  • Other minor bugs fixed
Thanks for the update ❤️

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What's everyone's thoughts on the new Splitstaff so far?

At first when I tried it out, I had no clue on what to truly think of it. It just felt like it was just there. Since I already had max magic stat, it seemed fairly decent I guess. I probably need more time with it while developing proficiency, but learned quite a bit using it.

Literally anything is better than the Axe at this point lol.

Brute

Standard Donor
IMHO, the splitstaff is a very versatile weapon that doesn't necessarily excel at anything. Its strongest tools seem to gobble up an abnormally large amount of ki, causing me to commit in places where I'd rather not. It's not as freakishly strong as the the switchglaive, but its utility certainly exceeds the greataxe/hammer or the single katana (katana is basically Iao Strike the Weapon, these days).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD