Noob here interested in the scene

Ozymandias

So I'm a 17'er who used to mash in DOA2 and kinda missed the boat on 5. I've decided to pick up Ayane as a main in preparation for DOA6 & just have a few questions

1) Who are the big dogs in the DOA scene & who are some good Ayane players?

2) What are some of the best/hype tournament streams I can watch?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Lulu

You can use This to help you find the closest scene in your Area... as for online... hopefully someone here will spar with you.

Also Welcome... :)

Ozymandias

You can use This to help you find the closest scene in your Area... as for online... hopefully someone here will spar with you.

Also Welcome... :)

Hey thanks for that. Didn't suspect I'd bump into other Saffers here lol. Do you know of the South African discord group by any chance?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Welcome!

I believe you meant Newb referring to a new player who lacks experience and fundamentals but is willing to learn and may eventually become good.

Noobs are the ones that send you hate mail when you 3-0 them and never progress past gimmicks and trolling.

Lulu

Hey thanks for that. Didn't suspect I'd bump into other Saffers here lol. Do you know of the South African discord group by any chance?

LoL... Saffer's ? Thats a thing ?

And I don't know... FSD is all I know...

The game just isn't popular down here... thats why 5 Ultimate skipped us... I had to import my copy from the UK.

Bacaww

So I'm a 17'er who used to mash in DOA2 and kinda missed the boat on 5. I've decided to pick up Ayane as a main in preparation for DOA6 & just have a few questions

1) Who are the big dogs in the DOA scene & who are some good Ayane players?

2) What are some of the best/hype tournament streams I can watch?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

1) @iHajinShinobi and
@Force_of_Nature are all solid Ayane players who can surely help you out.

2) Tournaments are held monthly so just keep an eye out on FSD for upcoming tournament streams. You can also watch some old tournaments on Youtube

Ozymandias

LoL... Saffer's ? Thats a thing ?

And I don't know... FSD is all I know...

The game just isn't popular down here... thats why 5 Ultimate skipped us... I had to import my copy from the UK.

Yea we have a growing SA FGC discord group for all fighters to make it easy for people here to find others to play with locally. We also host tournaments & stuff. Would be cool to have you join. https://discord.gg/4bWBVx5 There's about 3/4 other people who play doa5 & more are interested in getting doa6.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I've had a look at Hajin's god-like posts & I'll be sure to check out Force_of_Nature's stuff too. Also yes I'm a Tekken player, that plays the spinning ninja function. That's what actually drew me to Ayane lol

Lulu

Yeah DoA isn't short on Ninjas... only type of Ninja it doesn't have is a furry ninja...

I doubt I'l be attending locals anytine soon but I'l definitely be keeping an eye on it. Thanks...

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yea we have a growing SA FGC discord group for all fighters to make it easy for people here to find others to play with locally. We also host tournaments & stuff. Would be cool to have you join. https://discord.gg/4bWBVx5 There's about 3/4 other people who play doa5 & more are interested in getting doa6.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I've had a look at Hajin's god-like posts & I'll be sure to check out Force_of_Nature's stuff too. Also yes I'm a Tekken player, that plays the spinning ninja function. That's what actually drew me to Ayane lol

Spinning & purple hair for me. I'm actually the opposite, I was familiar with DOA before Tekken. The 2 systems complement each other in a way with regards to furthering 3D fighter knowledge & fundamentals.

This may help with regards to learning Ayane:

I imagine majority of the attributes here will apply in some way to DOA6 unless Team Ninja decides to overhaul Ayane like was essentially done from DOA3 to DOA4. I.e Ayane is played very similarly in DOA4 & DOA5 in terms of playstyle/gameplan.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD