"Now For Business..." General DOA5 Christie Gameplay Discussion

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Raw situations were a bit different. There was a change from the ground game with setups that no longer work from Vanilla to Ultimate. Though judging by your post, I'm assuming there was any hardly strong changes from Ultimate to Last Round compared to Vanilla (at least with Christie).
So you're saying that everything I posted on that thread is screwed up, and I should delete the whole thing.

I should've known something was wrong with that thread. That explains the lack of feedback.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I see, so only balancing changes? Then why do offensive people life Christie still get so much hate?
People hate Christie because a lot of players view her as the tier-whore pick of choice when someone wants to "win". Basically she gets abused too much at higher levels of play. The thing about Christie is that she places a lot of onus on the opponent to be able deal with her offense, meaning that if the opponent doesn't know how to handle her techniques, she can come off looking cheap & braindead as hell. Which is unfortunate because Christie is a deceptively technical character when being played against an opponent that both knows how to blow-up Jakeiho and knows how to deal with her strings.

Last edited:

CrudeRaven

I definitely agree that she does require some skill to use. However my performance as her has seem to become lackluster compared to my others. I'm not sure why. My Tina and Rachel have way less moves however i feel like I have more options that work as them rather than Christie. I feel as if the work I put in isn't showing on the health bar so I may end up taking a break from her for a while... Again.

Btw your comments on her really helped while i was still learning. I was stuck at C+ for so long but thanks to you and Queen Jakeiho i finally managed to stay at B-. Ranked truly is the most frustrating thing to me.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So you're saying that everything I posted on that thread is screwed up, and I should delete the whole thing.

I should've known something was wrong with that thread. That explains the lack of feedback.

Screwed up where? He just found what he was looking for in regards to mechanics affecting Christie. The only part that was off was the changes from Vanilla since that was a whole different ball game. In terms of Christie itself as a character, nothing has really made a strong impact from Ultimate towards Last Round according to the thread.

Your post is not incorrect. If there is indication that it is, feel free to edit it. I was merely pointing the obvious from back then as a whole in terms of approach and gameplay, not character inherit changes.

If you feel that there isn't, then I believe you. My post was more direct to the raw mechanics and character usage approach upon handling comparison with each game.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Screwed up where? He just found what he was looking for in regards to mechanics affecting Christie. The only part that was off was the changes from Vanilla since that was a whole different ball game. In terms of Christie itself as a character, nothing has really made a strong impact from Ultimate towards Last Round according to the thread.

Your post is not incorrect. If there is indication that it is, feel free to edit it. I was merely pointing the obvious from back then as a whole in terms of approach and gameplay, not character inherit changes.

If you feel that there isn't, then I believe you. My post was more direct to the raw mechanics and character usage approach upon handling comparison with each game.
In that case I'm relieved. I had no hands-on time with the PS4/Xbone exclusive updates (as I'm stuck on PS3), so I was worried that the data from the balance changes weren't enough.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I definitely agree that she does require some skill to use. However my performance as her has seem to become lackluster compared to my others. I'm not sure why. My Tina and Rachel have way less moves however i feel like I have more options that work as them rather than Christie. I feel as if the work I put in isn't showing on the health bar so I may end up taking a break from her for a while... Again.

Btw your comments on her really helped while i was still learning. I was stuck at C+ for so long but thanks to you and Queen Jakeiho i finally managed to stay at B-. Ranked truly is the most frustrating thing to me.

If you have any vids of your play, PM them to me. It's likely a matter of how you're applying Christie's tools. You could possibly be overthinking things too.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Christie (so far by the looks of it) hasn't changed drastically from 5U to LR since LR is merely the 5U shell with improved overhaul than a changed one.

Vanilla > 5U = Changed concept and changed overhaul. PLs, health default changes, basically almost everything.

5U > LR = Same concept and improved overhaul as well as new and improved content not available on 5U. Nothing too big but more patches and balance as well expansion of data to allow more content etc.

Christie is still the same as a character if that is what you mean Awesmic.

CrudeRaven

If you have any vids of your play, PM them to me. It's likely a matter of how you're applying Christie's tools. You could possibly be overthinking things too.
Unfortunately i do not. However im on PS4 so if you want, we can fght. Ready anytime. Or i could try and find a way to make some. But I dont know how so :confused:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Unfortunately i do not. However im on PS4 so if you want, we can fght. Ready anytime. Or i could try and find a way to make some. But I dont know how so :confused:
Here's how to make a video:
1) Save a replay and go to spectator mode and load the match
2) Press the select button twice to begin recording, I normally start on the screen that shows the character icons and the match type for a type of aesthetic I like but you can start after you select "replay match" and trim off the loading screen later.
3) Just let the match record but press X once when you load the match to hide the progress bar, oh and if you want to keep ranks and player names private, go offline.

4)After you record the match, once again after the winposes press select twice and the clip will save. Go to the PS4 Gallery and just upload it to YouTube after you save it. Then you can just copy the link here or to the media section. If you don't want your channel followers to see it, just make it unlisted instead of public.

CrudeRaven

Here's how to make a video:
1) Save a replay and go to spectator mode and load the match
2) Press the select button twice to begin recording, I normally start on the screen that shows the character icons and the match type for a type of aesthetic I like but you can start after you select "replay match" and trim off the loading screen later.
3) Just let the match record but press X once when you load the match to hide the progress bar, oh and if you want to keep ranks and player names private, go offline.

4)After you record the match, once again after the winposes press select twice and the clip will save. Go to the PS4 Gallery and just upload it to YouTube after you save it. Then you can just copy the link here or to the media section. If you don't want your channel followers to see it, just make it unlisted instead of public.
Thank you! I have a pretty decent fight i could show but the other person most likely wasn't trying so should i still upload it?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lol i see. Okay i'll do it. But while rewatching it i can already see all my dumb mistakes so I'm a bit nervous. :oops:
It's ok, don't be, having someone be able to point out your mistakes is helpful and being able to see them yourself is even better imo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD