Characters Nyotengu changes/gameplay discussion

tekkin88

She's so amazing, definitely drooping Mila for her!

Someone tell me fastest move and class weight?
I think her fastest move is P+K at i11 and her weight class seems to be welterweight...

EDIT: Dammit pup. She's definitely not a heavyweight though

Xhominid The Demon Within

Most people wanted her to be a heavyweight to mirror Bankotsubo completely(though I'm not sure how that works considering that even in real world or simple physics, she would have hollow bones an- *gets punch by a jock*)

...Whatever, I think it's best for the experts to really decide before we go on forward. All this talk about being better than Mila is a bit sketchy to really judge over just a day.

Hurricane Rev

She's so amazing, definitely drooping Mila for her!

Someone tell me fastest move and class weight?

headshake.gif

But really though, I'm quite looking forward to giving her a go. She looks really cool and fun to play with. It will be interesting to see what kind of stuffs players can come up with for this character.

Nightpup

Most people wanted her to be a heavyweight to mirror Bankotsubo completely(though I'm not sure how that works considering that even in real world or simple physics, she would have hollow bones an- *gets punch by a jock*)

...Whatever, I think it's best for the experts to really decide before we go on forward. All this talk about being better than Mila is a bit sketchy to really judge over just a day.
Bankotsubo wasn't a heavyweight though, he was actually a Super Heavyweight.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Nyotengu is a middleweight class character. She is with Akira, Brad, Hayate, etc. Go check the weight thread for that.

And she can air throw off just about every launch she has in stun. Her damage is silly.

Nyotengu is a middleweight class character. She is with Akira, Brad, Hayate, etc. Go check the weight thread for that.

And she can air throw off just about every launch she has in stun. Her damage is silly.

But she doesn't seem to be a pressure character and if her neutral game is bad, that seems to make up for the silly damage and being able to grab off every launch stun.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
1PPP > P+K2T is guaranteed no? if all 3 hits.

EDIT: Still in Home stage fooling around, but can someone make a Nyotengu Combo/Guaranteeds etc etc. thread?

Tenryuga

Anyone play around with her P strings? 14i and good range as well as NH stun make this a great whiff punishment tool. Right now I like PP6P; It goes into some tracking high turnaround stun guard break that goes into a + on block mid P sitdown stun and her flight. You can also cancel at PP6P into P+K which leaves her at + frames. Not too impressed with the low option here.

Here are some wall throw juggles:

8P > 6PPP 93 dmg hi counter

8P > 7KP 98 dmg hi counter

I mention these because I have only ever seen 8PP into airthrow. I think this option is lame considering its only 91 damage and you don't get to trigger dangerzones and the like with it.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Bankotsubo wasn't a heavyweight though, he was actually a Super Heavyweight.

No, that was Spartan. Tengu was Tengu weight.

Anyone play around with her P strings? 14i and good range as well as NH stun make this a great whiff punishment tool.

I didn't get to try too much yet, but the PK > 3P > 9PT set up from DOA4 still works if the opponent immediately techs up and blocks after the 3P. What's great about it now though is that there are other options from 9P instead of just the throws, so you can now make mix ups out of this too.

Tenryuga

Idk about you guys but holy shit I'm loving her P strings at range and 9P mixup and feints. Her range isn't all that huge and her recovery on whiff is terrible but good patience and spacing grants you good reward with this character.

4P+K is pretty nice as well.

I feel right at home playing her in this fashion due to having used Ein lol. She feels great.

Brute

Standard Donor
4P+K no longer auto cancels itself.

And holding the followup P sidesteps the wind and puts Nyotengu at -33. Up in her face you will reposition behind Nyotengu.

So the sad thing is you can now actually hold the wind.
It's a 60 damage, unholdable, tracking ranged attack that's a force-teching true mid.

It's not "sad" that it can be "hold-dodged" at all. It would be nothing short of stupid if it couldn't.

It's a 60 damage, unholdable, tracking ranged attack that's a force-teching true mid.

It's not "sad" that it can be "hold-dodged" at all. It would be nothing short of stupid if it couldn't.

Wasn't that ALWAYS the case with that wind attack? Because I remember dodging it once when I learned what direction it hit from.

In DOA2 and DOAD, 4P+KP could only be held up close, as a mid punch. Attempting to hold it at range did not perform an auto freestep as it does in DOA5U, but would instead do nothing and cause you to get hit by it.

...So was that in DOA4 or just in DOA5U?

Holy shit, my memory really is fuzzy on everything Bankotsubo...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD