Offical Helena Gameplay Discussion Thread

Omegan Eckhart

Anyone tried bound force tech juggles? Like: 8K > 6P4P > 4PK > 22P4P > 6P > 66K. Seems somewhat legit, not really sure though.

Only seems to work when airborne opponents are bound and Helena is left in BKO... 214P+K doesn't work though.

Last edited:

Akumasama

Anybody has personal or general strategies against NiCO? I seem to really struggle against her.
I can defeat players who are incredibly lower than me in terms of current skills, with a lot of effort, but I get utterly destroyed against players who are more or less at my level.

It's like I'm having specific and personal issues playing against this character, not sure why.

Tested it a bit in the training mode, she has much faster frames than I assumed from the way they look.
9 frames high, 11 frames mid, ouch.
Those kicks who avoid low first, then high and some mids are nasty D:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Anyone tried bound force tech juggles? Like: 8K > 6P4P > 4PK > 22P4P > 6P > 66K. Seems somewhat legit, not really sure though.

Only seems to work when airborne opponents are bound and Helena is left in BKO... 214P+K doesn't work though.
I've always had trouble connecting BKO 22P4P after the bound. Maybe I'm just not doing it the right way l0l

Nuke-Nin

If you need a tip for connecting BKO22P4P, you need to input it quicker if you want that last 3 hand slaps to connect after a ground bounce

Omegan Eckhart

I've always had trouble connecting BKO 22P4P after the bound. Maybe I'm just not doing it the right way l0l
The animation looks a bit weird, but it's pretty consistent for me. I pre-buffer the hell out of the duck to get it to land. I find BKO 22P4P inconsistent next to the wall though, so I rely on BKO 22PP as it never misses.

Omegan Eckhart

How're you guys finding the match ups against Hayate and Busa? Lack of consistent force techs seems to leave them at a distance most of the match, and Helena is pretty poor at range. I think the game system benefits them more than 5 did.

MasterGamer

How're you guys finding the match ups against Hayate and Busa? Lack of consistent force techs seems to leave them at a distance most of the match, and Helena is pretty poor at range. I think the game system benefits them more than 5 did.

Hayate is always a challenge, but not one that I feel is too overpowering. In 5, I had more trouble against him, but with the new tools I feel like the matchup is a bit better. I love a Busa fight. It's so much fun using H+K to hit him out of the sky when he disappears, or free step dodging (#ad) his airborne attacks. They start the fights so confident too. I just go "Oh, dear."

Yurlungur

does anyone know any good low crushes in bokuho or is it just low hold to beat low wakeup kicks?? i'm finding helena's ability to pressure after a knockdown rather lackluster in this game.

Nuke-Nin

does anyone know any good low crushes in bokuho or is it just low hold to beat low wakeup kicks?? i'm finding Helena's ability to pressure after a knockdown rather lackluster in this game.

Low crush: 66H+K and 9K I've been using, and maybe 66K if you time it but I'm not sure

Mid crush: I've been using BKO22(P) and BT66K(2)

High crush: my absolute favorites are 33P and 236P+K

when I knock people down I go into BKO and out of it or if I end the combo in BKO I pretend like i'm gonna stay in it to bait a low comeback kick and exit the stance for a free CH/HCH low counter. Once they catch on you can use 22 to duck under the mid kick ^^

Yurlungur

when I knock people down I go into BKO and out of it or if I end the combo in BKO I pretend like i'm gonna stay in it to bait a low comeback kick and exit the stance for a free CH/HCH low counter. Once they catch on you can use 22 to duck under the mid kick ^^

Well that kinda sucks, i have to resort to a hold but meh better then nothing i guess.

Also i've tried bt 66k but it's been very inconsistent

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
High crush: 236P+K
That satisfying feeling when it lands!

giphy.gif

Akumasama

Other than that, I find 236+P+K has the same use it had for me in 5.
It leaves you in a small frame advantage if guarded, usually enough to land 6+P and following hits safely (can still be countered of course, but will normally crush if someone tries to react with another blow after guarding)

It's normally super unsafe to use but I find when you're in a situation when you know your opponent will wake up without a WU attack, it will normally connect (and be guarded).
It's nice to use every now and then to create mixups in that sort of situation.

Omegan Eckhart

Saw this on a channel called UprisingJC:

Seems legit. Helena's handslaps cause the same effect, but cancelling out of BKO and side stepping in time is really tough.

Omegan Eckhart

Anyone tested out Helena's 3 BKO transitions? Are the frames different?

After testing some stuff out, I discovered that Helena's can't go into BKO to avoid a standing throw after blocking Busa's 6KP. She's classified as standing for too long after entering stance. The only way to avoid it low block/counter.

I sent TN a tweet asking if they would consider speeding up the transition to crouching status. If we read a throw, we should be able to enter stance to avoid it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD