Offical Helena Gameplay Discussion Thread

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
DOA6 is officially out now! Since the other thread is locked, feel free to post gameplay footage here and discuss.

Akumasama

I sadly didn't notice any difference at all compared to the Demo.
I think while still fun to play, she feels definitely far from other characters in DoA6 but hey, it's just the beginning of the game, I'm curious to see where we'll be 1 year from now :p

Omegan Eckhart

I sadly didn't notice any difference at all compared to the Demo.
I think while still fun to play, she feels definitely far from other characters in DoA6 but hey, it's just the beginning of the game, I'm curious to see where we'll be 1 year from now :p
Yeah, I couldn't find anything either :/

Being able to do BKO 3P+K > P+K > 9PKP is kinda cool.

Still haven't found any fatal stuns outside of the special button. Some characters seem to have them, perhaps it's not a universal trait.

Akumasama

The purpose of 33+P is to annoy old players who have habits from past games! Can't be any other purpose lol.
I still need to understand the purpose of BKO P+K myself, honestly.

I think they should also change the input command for 8 or 2 + P+K from BKO. It's super annoying, most of the time you want to execute that sidestep command and something else comes out, truly, they should change the input.
And I'm saying the same for the chain that start with 3+P. After 5 games where that chain always started with 9+P it makes no sense to do this, it feels like a punishment for old Helena players, really.

Akumasama

These two moves, as well as 236P, are used for crushing and interrupting high strikes.
Oh, the latter has crouching properties? Thought you were getting hit by highs from that.

Crushing with 33+P sounds so very unsafe, not sure I'd want to rely on that honestly.
Need to check the properties, does it leave Helena in a big frame advantage if it connects?

Omegan Eckhart

Grounded wall splat combos:

BKO 6P4P > 6K > 66KPP

BKO 6P4P > 6K > KK > 9K

BKO 6P4P > 6K > BKO 6P4P > 4PK > 66 > 6P+K

Grounded splats result in higher relaunches, but the opponent can counter out. For example, 6P+K > 6K launches much higher than 66P > 6K.

Everything seems to cause an unholdable stun on wall splat, except from 6P+K and all variants of hand slaps.

PhoenixVFIRE

The purpose of 33+P is to annoy old players who have habits from past games! Can't be any other purpose lol.
I still need to understand the purpose of BKO P+K myself, honestly.

I think they should also change the input command for 8 or 2 + P+K from BKO. It's super annoying, most of the time you want to execute that sidestep command and something else comes out, truly, they should change the input.
And I'm saying the same for the chain that start with 3+P. After 5 games where that chain always started with 9+P it makes no sense to do this, it feels like a punishment for old Helena players, really.
honestly, i cant even use 8P+K from BKO unless i enter BKO and immediately do it, otherwise it just takes me back to neutral stance, it just will not come out otherwise and idk why lol.... Although, 2P+K i can still do whenever... i agree tho they need to be changed.

Yurlungur

So currently i'm working on unholdable(or just breakholdable) combos with helena and honestly
Stun, SSS, bko 3p+k, bt 4pp, bt 4pk,mirco dash bko 6p+k does pretty decent damage

Akumasama

honestly, i cant even use 8P+K from BKO unless i enter BKO and immediately do it, otherwise it just takes me back to neutral stance, it just will not come out otherwise and idk why lol.... Although, 2P+K i can still do whenever... i agree tho they need to be changed.
8+P+K is the worse, very precise and strict timing required, most of the time you just get the "get back standing" effect.
The 2+P+K is better, but still not very comfy to do. I get a plethora of errors compared to most other moves which I can execute with minimal error.
Sometimes I get Teishitsu for whatever reason, sometimes I get simple P+K.
Considering those two are moves that, in theory, have to be executed at critical times to make them effective (otherwise you get caught in counter with a crush), they should make so the input is simple and very very clear.

I can understand how their possible input options are limited from Bokuho, but they still need to do something about it >< This is a major thing they need to fix.

The 3+P versus 9+P starter is not a major thing of course, but it still feels like a kick in the balls for old Helena Players, especially because I really see no reason for them to change the input like that.

Akumasama

Any good options to use after her 214+T throw? In DoA5 I used 6P,4P but I think the second punch is not guaranteed anymore in DoA6?

Also, any good option after her backturned Throw? Previously in DoA5 3+P,P (delay) P was guaranteed with sitdown stun on last hit, I think like this is no longer the case in DoA6? Granted the input would start with 6+P in DoA6. Haven't tested much, curious.

Also noticed the 4+K from backturned has much worse juggling options compared to DoA5.

KwonJigglypuff

8+P+K is the worse, very precise and strict timing required, most of the time you just get the "get back standing" effect.
The 2+P+K is better, but still not very comfy to do. I get a plethora of errors compared to most other moves which I can execute with minimal error.
Sometimes I get Teishitsu for whatever reason, sometimes I get simple P+K.
Considering those two are moves that, in theory, have to be executed at critical times to make them effective (otherwise you get caught in counter with a crush), they should make so the input is simple and very very clear.

I can understand how their possible input options are limited from Bokuho, but they still need to do something about it >< This is a major thing they need to fix.

The 3+P versus 9+P starter is not a major thing of course, but it still feels like a kick in the balls for old Helena Players, especially because I really see no reason for them to change the input like that.

I just adapted to the new imputs and I think they make sense. I do like what happened to her old 33P4P. She is harder to master which is even more appealing. Her Bokuho stance has been rewritten.

What I don't like are the new imputs (her old BKO_P+K becoming BKO_3P+K (always confuses me and I don't like the new move).

Also 33P is ugly to watch, not to elegant.

Just add a follow-up for 66K+H and I'll be fine.

Akumasama

Yeah I guess BKO_P+K and BKO_3P+K should be swapped around as well >_>''

OT question for Helena, but where can I find detailed info on Break Blows? Do they all have the same properties?
Do they always lose against lows? How is the fames of invincibility/counter calculated? I guess inconsistant results, sometimes a move I expect to be able to counter with a Break Blow fails, some other time where I use it by accident and I expect to lose, it works instead.
Uuh? I dunno, it's moderately confusing me, I need to read more detailed info about them.

Omegan Eckhart

Nice find! I had a feeling that BT 7P would be a FS.
Not sure how we are meant to use them though. I discovered it by accidentally hitting Christie whilst she was in JAK with 214P.

This all seems very weird. We have FS's, but they only work on opponents who are attacking from crouching. It's bizarrely situational :/

I lack character knowledge, does anyone know if other characters have strict requirements for their FS's?

phoenix1985gr

In the tutorial there was a lesson that demonstrated bass 3K causing a fatal stunon CH crouching opponent, so there might be more... Like going from DoA 5, stuff like Tina's 66K, or Leifang's 6P+K etc... but I havent tested anything

Omegan Eckhart

In the tutorial there was a lesson that demonstrated bass 3K causing a fatal stunon CH crouching opponent, so there might be more... Like going from DoA 5, stuff like Tina's 66K, or Leifang's 6P+K etc... but I havent tested anything
Does Bass have setups that leave you at disadvantage and crouching? Trying to think how to set it up with Helena, and all I can think is using them against opponents who are using a high crush attack. Seems hella dangerous to try.

Either we're missing something or Team Ninja are idiots.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD