Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

SaihateDYNAMO

Omfg tthis chick really does have a better design than NiCO
C605634C-BE5D-4CB3-822A-266CA00822ED.jpeg

I know a bad bitch when I see one! She actually looks like a “fighter” design. I’m getting “Blair Dame meets Final Fantasy” teas from her.

otnesse

I disagree with the comments about NiCO, but I like this new girl a lot. She has attitude, where the other girls have that timid princess thing going on. Not that they are bad designs, just not my cup of tea.

Okay, I can sort-of see how Misaki can be considered timid due to being very shy around people and very insecure about her physical appearance, but I really fail to see how Luna, Tamaki, Leifang, or, heck, Fiona even, are even remotely timid. The first one was at worst eccentric and barely is even aware of other people, slightly out of it, and clueless enough about social graces that she at one point walked in openly while barely even wearing a towel to ask Momiji to rub ointments on her back while she was entertaining the Owner, causing her to nearly have a heart attack; Tamaki outright flirts with the owner and has an obsession with fondling breasts; Leifang… you're kidding, right? Leifang's "timid" (especially after she exploded at the Owner, to say little of what she's like in past games)? And, heck, even Fiona, whose entire characterization essentially amounts to a massive crush on the owner, literally snuck out of her castle and managed to somehow arrive on the Venus Islands by herself (and one of the gravures and episodes even implied that she was sheltered enough to actually be unaware of how large the world was, and apparently not hear about black-tailed gulls, mistaking one for a cat, and you have to admit, to do that takes a lot of guts), not exactly my definition of "timid" (when I think of "timid", I think of PJ from Goof Troop, Flounder from The Little Mermaid, heck, Luigi from Super Mario Bros., even, not to mention the Cowardly Lion). And I'm not even getting into the Xtreme 3 cast regarding whether they are timid or not.

As far as Nagisa, well, I've never really been a stickler for tsunderes (Misty mostly was a very tame version overall), but I will give her chops, at least she was given a slightly more understandable reason for not liking the Owner compared to most (Love Hina cast especially, in particular Naru Narusegawa and Motoko).

hardseppo

Tamaki, Fiona, Nagisa, hell even Luna I would like more than boring Nico for DoA6. First they tone the sexual content down, only to come up with another Loli-Character...

Nagisa Character Episode 01 (Crystal Snow SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34356048

Nagisa Character Episode 02 (Crystal Snow SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34356567

Nagisa Character Episode 03 (Crystal Snow SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34357749

Nagisa Character Episode 04 (Crystal Snow SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34358362

Nagisa Character Episode 05 (Crystal Snow SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34358849

Nagisa Character Episode 06 (Crystal Snow SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34359275

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Okay, I can sort-of see how Misaki can be considered timid due to being very shy around people and very insecure about her physical appearance, but I really fail to see how Luna, Tamaki, Leifang, or, heck, Fiona even, are even remotely timid. The first one was at worst eccentric and barely is even aware of other people, slightly out of it, and clueless enough about social graces that she at one point walked in openly while barely even wearing a towel to ask Momiji to rub ointments on her back while she was entertaining the Owner, causing her to nearly have a heart attack; Tamaki outright flirts with the owner and has an obsession with fondling breasts; Leifang… you're kidding, right? Leifang's "timid" (especially after she exploded at the Owner, to say little of what she's like in past games)? And, heck, even Fiona, whose entire characterization essentially amounts to a massive crush on the owner, literally snuck out of her castle and managed to somehow arrive on the Venus Islands by herself (and one of the gravures and episodes even implied that she was sheltered enough to actually be unaware of how large the world was, and apparently not hear about black-tailed gulls, mistaking one for a cat, and you have to admit, to do that takes a lot of guts), not exactly my definition of "timid" (when I think of "timid", I think of PJ from Goof Troop, Flounder from The Little Mermaid, heck, Luigi from Super Mario Bros., even, not to mention the Cowardly Lion). And I'm not even getting into the Xtreme 3 cast regarding whether they are timid or not.

As far as Nagisa, well, I've never really been a stickler for tsunderes (Misty mostly was a very tame version overall), but I will give her chops, at least she was given a slightly more understandable reason for not liking the Owner compared to most (Love Hina cast especially, in particular Naru Narusegawa and Motoko).

Never included Leifang as a new girl, but I respect your follow up to my post.

So is there anything I've missed on Scarlet? I'm keeping up with it the best I can. This thread has gotten big.

Maybe with all the topics we can get a subforum like Nioh and NG... Someday...

otnesse

Never included Leifang as a new girl, but I respect your follow up to my post.

So is there anything I've missed on Scarlet? I'm keeping up with it the best I can. This thread has gotten big.

Maybe with all the topics we can get a subforum like Nioh and NG... Someday...

Nothing much. At most, possibly a trailer featuring Nagisa if Nintendo Switch World is of any indication, though even that was just a redone version of her XVV debut trailer.

LarsMasters

Judging by her traits, Nagisa could have been the only DOAXVV rep to appear in DOA6. Just like @Saihate said, she has the traits of a fighter than the other DOAXVV newbies.

otnesse

Judging by her traits, Nagisa could have been the only DOAXVV rep to appear in DOA6. Just like @Saihate said, she has the traits of a fighter than the other DOAXVV newbies.

Don't know about that... Luna did mention familiarity with Bushido, and aside from that, she did imply in Fiona's Rock Climbing episodes that she trains with Hitomi in a context that indicated it was not related to Fiona's rock climbing training or Venus Festival. And if Princess Peach/Daisy as well as Zelda can get into fighting games like the Smash series, I'm pretty sure Fiona can also qualify as a fighter in her own right. Besides, Lisa when she debuted in DOAXBV didn't look like a fighter either, yet starting with her reappearance in DOA4, she's a mainstay fighter.

LarsMasters

And if Princess Peach/Daisy as well as Zelda can get into fighting games like the Smash series, I'm pretty sure Fiona can also qualify as a fighter in her own right.

That might be just like her Shrek counterpart does, but I might be differentiate than her.

BTW, Merry Christmas to you all

otnesse

That might be just like her Shrek counterpart does, but I might be differentiate than her.

BTW, Merry Christmas to you all

Technically, no, because the way I envision it, Fiona, as in, the DOAXVV one, would have a fighting style akin to the manner in which Peach and Daisy fought in the Smash games, rather than the outright martial arts kung fu kind of stuff the Fiona from Shrek did, a bit more emphasis on the girly aspect to her in other words.

And yeah, Merry Christmas to you as well.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I’m getting tired of all this NiCO slander, yes NiCO being another 18 year old is shame indeed, but the thought process behind her design is very cool and interesting. I don’t get why everybody hates on NiCO now instead of Honoka. I wouldn’t mind the VV girls joining but I would be worried for their storyline and how they would be in game. If the VV girls were joining DOA6 majority of the female cast would’ve been 18 years of age which would be stupid. I don’t see why most of the people in this thread want the VV girls in when all they do is make ryona videos and such. I doubt these people would actually play 6 for the fighting.

otnesse

I’m getting tired of all this NiCO slander, yes NiCO being another 18 year old is shame indeed, but the thought process behind her design is very cool and interesting. I don’t get why everybody hates on NiCO now instead of Honoka. I wouldn’t mind the VV girls joining but I would be worried for their storyline and how they would be in game. If the VV girls were joining DOA6 majority of the female cast would’ve been 18 years of age which would be stupid. I don’t see why most of the people in this thread want the VV girls in when all they do is make ryona videos and such. I doubt these people would actually play 6 for the fighting.

Eh, I don't mind NiCO too much, though I do wish they made her older so her being a key scientist in MIST would be a bit more plausible, since that takes a lifetime of training (yes, Lisa also was a bit young to be a top scientist, but at least you could argue that she was possibly going through training.). I mean, Nagisa proved you can make a flat chested girl WITHOUT needing to make her 18 bare minimum.

Also, just as an FYI, even if we were to get the DOAXVV cast on DOA6, the majority of the female cast would still be older than 18. By my count, we have Ayane, Fiona, Luna, Honoka, Marie Rose, Misaki, and NiCO. Seven girls total. As such, not counting Momiji or Rachel, since their status isn't even clear as of yet, we'd have Nagisa, Tamaki, Tina Armstrong, Lisa Hamilton, Helena Douglas, Mila, Leifang, Hitomi, Kasumi, Kokoro, Nyotengu, and Phase 4 (technically, due to her being a full-grown Kasumi clone), leaving 12 girls who are older than 18 (19 at the absolute minimum). Assuming Momiji and Rachel ARE in DOA6, that would give us 14 girls who are older than 18 (well, okay, 13, technically, since Rachel's age is unknown).

As far as why they should be added in, do I really have to remind you of the case of Lisa Hamilton? Unlike the other girls in the roster right now, she neither debuted in one of the mainline fighting games or even in Ninja Gaiden, she debuted in an Xtreme game, the first one as a matter of fact. However, she was added to the roster by DOA4 with the Luchadora style. If they can find a way to make Lisa into a fighter despite hailing from a beach game, they most certainly can do the same for the DOAXVV girls. And besides, adding Luna and Fiona would at least solve the issue about the girls' origins, considering how it was stupid that DOAXVV just neglected to mention their nationalities.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD