Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

hardseppo

got her ;)

Kanna SSR Suit Sequence (Hundred Oni Night Line SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34958890

Kanna.jpg

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Truthfully I like her character design. Though would of liked the character to be in similar physique from the DOA cast with bigger breast portions and thighs instead of similar portions of that of Marie Rose/Honoka/Nico. That trope gets old quick.

I get some Nioh vibes from the character even if identification is not a big one.

Last edited:

Jackie Chan Fan

i mean just within this game they did another kasumi 4 times, another misaki, and in mainline you recently had another luna
shouldn't suddenly be a problem now esp. with a type that's only been done once lol

I wouldn't mind another Kasumi, Ayane, or Misaki. I mean, if the DOA series started with characters of Marie Rose body type, it wouldn’t be famous (or infamous) like it is now. The Soft Engine would be useless. And that EVO Japan "core values" stunt won't work. lol

otnesse

I actually really love her eyes. Wouldn't mind seeing her in DOA6, tho give me Momiji first.
If she gets in, she should not encounter any girls barring maybe Nyotengu that are in DOAXVV in order to preserve continuity (since it's heavily implied that DOA6 takes place before DOAXVV in the timeline).

And yeah, Momiji and Rachel need to be in DOA6 (the latter in DOAXVV as well). I mean, come on! Shimbori ought to know that them being Ninja Gaiden characters is NOT an excuse for excluding them from DOA6, especially not when Ryu Hayabusa, the star of Ninja Gaiden, is in DOA6 as it is (and, heck, one of the trivia entries reveals that Irene Lew was instrumental in getting Kasumi and Hayabusa over to MIST's lab).

BTW, is it just me, or does Kanna seem indecisive as to whether she's an Oni or a Leprechaun at times? I mean, a few times when idle in her episodes, she seems to do that leprechaun jig.

otnesse

Well, as of this moment we've got the following add-ons:

Luna

Tamaki

Leifang

Fiona

Nagisa

Kanna

And they were released on the following months:

January

April

July

September

December

April

Going by this, we're probably going to have a April-July-September-December schedule for each year starting with this one.

Let's hope July is reserved for cut girls. The cut girls really need to be added in. And quite frankly, adding them wouldn't have been necessary had they just not cut anyone from the roster in the first place (well, besides Kasumi clones and/or guests that aren't named "Ninja Gaiden", anyhow).

Dr PaC

If she gets in, she should not encounter any girls barring maybe Nyotengu that are in DOAXVV in order to preserve continuity (since it's heavily implied that DOA6 takes place before DOAXVV in the timeline).

And yeah, Momiji and Rachel need to be in DOA6 (the latter in DOAXVV as well). I mean, come on! Shimbori ought to know that them being Ninja Gaiden characters is NOT an excuse for excluding them from DOA6, especially not when Ryu Hayabusa, the star of Ninja Gaiden, is in DOA6 as it is (and, heck, one of the trivia entries reveals that Irene Lew was instrumental in getting Kasumi and Hayabusa over to MIST's lab).

BTW, is it just me, or does Kanna seem indecisive as to whether she's an Oni or a Leprechaun at times? I mean, a few times when idle in her episodes, she seems to do that leprechaun jig.
I agree with that. I didn't know VV took place before 6. Continuity issues aside, I would still only have her interact with Nyotengu. I dont think she needs to do anything with anyone else at the moment. And yes, please put the rest of the NG chars in DOA. Even Irene

otnesse

I agree with that. I didn't know VV took place before 6. Continuity issues aside, I would still only have her interact with Nyotengu. I dont think she needs to do anything with anyone else at the moment. And yes, please put the rest of the NG chars in DOA. Even Irene

In a way, Irene Lew is already in the game (she's in one of the trivia entries for DOA6's Library). But agreed. If Ryu Hayabusa can get in, so can Momiji and Rachel.

And yeah, it does. At least, that what seems to be the case considering Marie Rose and Honoka meet each other for the first time on-screen in DOA6, and yet in DOAXVV, they interact with each other as if they've known each other for a while.

hardseppo

Kanna Character Episode 01 (Hundred Oni Night Line SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34959175

Kanna Character Episode 02 (Hundred Oni Night Line SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34959326

Kanna Character Episode 03 (Hundred Oni Night Line SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34959699

Kanna Character Episode 04 (Hundred Oni Night Line SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34959769

Kanna Character Episode 05 (Hundred Oni Night Line SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34961615

Kanna Character Episode 06 (Hundred Oni Night Line SSR)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34962305

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Kanna-Character-Episode-01-(Hundred-Oni-Night-Line-SSR).jpg

Macca Beam

I wouldn't mind another Kasumi, Ayane, or Misaki. I mean, if the DOA series started with characters of Marie Rose body type, it wouldn’t be famous (or infamous) like it is now. The Soft Engine would be useless. And that EVO Japan "core values" stunt won't work. lol
neither do i actually. just find it odd to see "another" and "gets old" flung around freely while ignoring something that's much more worthy of those words. then again i'll never be able to relate as i'm one of the few who don't care about what body type it is as much as how many times it's done, in which case the scale tips heavily toward the one that's done close to if not already over 20 times.

look at that spectacular doa variety. just within this picture there are 14 ayanes, 1 dark skinned one and 1 petite one.

lmfao.png

i included the japanese comment because it's priceless. something along the lines of if you hid the faces you wouldn't be able to tell who's who.

Last edited:

otnesse

neither do i actually. just find it odd to see "another" and "gets old" flung around freely while ignoring something that's much more worthy of those words. then again i'll never be able to relate as i'm one of the few who don't care about what body type it is as much as how many times it's done, in which case the scale tips heavily toward the one that's done close to if not already over 20 times.

look at that spectacular doa variety. just within this picture there are 14 ayanes, 1 dark skinned one and 1 petite one.

i included the japanese comment because it's priceless. something along the lines of if you hid the faces you wouldn't be able to tell who's who.

At this point we've got four flat-chested girls (Marie Rose, NiCO, Nagisa, and Kanna). Yes, DOA has had plenty of buxom women, but at least that was a bit of a staple for the series, what set it apart from most other fighters.

And quite frankly, I don't really care about beauty standards (when something's relative, it's inherently meaningless, so why bother to care anyways). But I do realize that the closest beauty standards have to an actual standard is economic factors, and if buxom women sell, well, they're the beauty standard, whether one likes it or not.

Besides, DOA6 tried to change up that formula for one reason or another and... well, it ended badly for that game, let's leave it at that. And just as an FYI, I can tell the faces apart regarding those girls.

Macca Beam

At this point we've got four flat-chested girls (Marie Rose, NiCO, Nagisa, and Kanna). Yes, DOA has had plenty of buxom women, but at least that was a bit of a staple for the series, what set it apart from most other fighters.

And quite frankly, I don't really care about beauty standards (when something's relative, it's inherently meaningless, so why bother to care anyways). But I do realize that the closest beauty standards have to an actual standard is economic factors, and if buxom women sell, well, they're the beauty standard, whether one likes it or not.

Besides, DOA6 tried to change up that formula for one reason or another and... well, it ended badly for that game, let's leave it at that. And just as an FYI, I can tell the faces apart regarding those girls.
the other three are, but NiCO shouldn't be. many operate via binary thinking where it's either one extreme or another extreme, but B cups are neither flat nor buxom.

beauty standards also are far too subjective for me to take seriously although i understand how it influences design decisions. however, regardless of whether it sells or it's tradition, repetition is inherently harmful to the value of each subject involved because it turns them all into an indistinguishable blur. same reason i don't see any value in fetish works where everything has cowtits, everything is a loli, everything has black hair, everything is a maid, a horse, a wageslave, etc.

i stuck with the series because i happened to be ok with the base template (and the gameplay is fun, most importantly), but at some point it becomes a bit stale and in xtreme i start having thoughts like "is this the character i picked or kasumi?" whenever their head disappears from view.

also the comment wasn't about whether one could tell the faces apart although i'm confident that'd also be a tough task for many

otnesse

the other three are, but NiCO shouldn't be. many operate via what i call a toilet flush mechanism where past a certain threshold everything clamps to one value, but B cups aren't flat by definition

beauty standards also are far too subjective for me to take seriously although i understand how it influences design decisions. however, regardless of whether it sells or it's tradition, repetition is inherently harmful to the value of each subject involved because it turns them all into an indistinguishable blur. there shouldn't be that many ayane body clones, that many marie face clones or that many kasumi everything clones. same reason i don't see any value in fetish works where everything has cowtits, everything is a loli, everything has black hair, everything is a maid, a horse, a wageslave, etc.

i stuck with the series because i happened to be ok with the base template (and the gameplay is fun, most importantly), but at some point it becomes a bit stale and in xtreme i start having thoughts like "is this the character i picked or kasumi?" whenever their head disappears from view.

also the comment wasn't about whether one could tell the faces apart although i'm confident that'd also be a tough task for many

NiCO's chest is still extremely small, though, very petite. It's certainly not Tina's size, or Leifang's size for that matter (heck, even Tamaki and Misaki's chest sizes were bigger than NiCO's, and they aren't exactly Tina in the breast size department). Plus, to be fair, technically, Marie Rose, Kanna, and Nagisa aren't "flat chested" even if they are A-cups because there's a slight mound for their breasts, while someone who's literally flat chested would look more like, for example, Sunny Emmerich in Metal Gear Solid 4, or heck, Angelina Jolie after her breasts were removed due to cancer. And besides, I could tell the faces apart. Heck, I can even tell the body types apart as well, so they're not clones anyways (as Honoka's breasts are objectively larger than Tina's, for example).

And the "subjective" bit is exactly why I view it as meaningless. I view subjectivity as being inherently meaningless, only absolutes and objectiveness truly matter to me.

Sometimes I do think large breasts being the beauty standard (which, let's face it, given how much it's used in games and other franchises, it's the closest thing to an objective beauty standard, may have been that since Lady Liberty leads the way) is a mistake. Beauty and the Beast certainly was, when they painted the Bimbettes as being implicitly uglier than Belle in the film, yet they're the ones who look like they would fit right in with the Dead or Alive franchise, or Barbie for that matter. But nevertheless, if it's the beauty standard, it's the beauty standard.

Macca Beam

i don't consider NiCO's extremely small myself because while they are next to tina or god forbid honoka, they easily beat out the three you would reasonably call extremely small and even a lot of real world ones. though i agree calling those three flat is also misleading as they're not yet in the AA category, and AA fans wouldn't even glance at slight mounds.

i always think having any one eclipsing standard would lead to really shitty thinking and creative stagnation. doesn't help that in this case it became a ((standard)) through the sheer force of mass subjectivity. *spits*

otnesse

i don't consider NiCO's extremely small myself because while they are next to tina or god forbid honoka, they easily beat out the three you would reasonably call extremely small and even a lot of real world ones. though i agree calling those three flat is also misleading as they're not yet in the AA category, and AA fans wouldn't even glance at slight mounds.

i always think having any one eclipsing standard would lead to really shitty thinking and creative stagnation. doesn't help that in this case it became a ((standard)) through the sheer force of mass subjectivity. *spits*

Eh, it still looks pretty small. Like I said, even Tamaki's looks bigger than NiCOs, and Tamaki's are fairly small for a DOA girl, especially Tina's caliber (nowhere near as petite as Marie Rose, Nagisa, or Kanna, mind you, but I've seen much bigger among even the likes of Leifang and Helena). And besides, I've seen quite a few real-world images, .gifs even, of girls with huge breasts, anyway, so they're not nearly as rare as you might think (and based on the jiggle, they're natural and not implants). Case in point:
As far as standards, I'd personally beg to differ there. I've seen far too many instances where there's really poor thinking and creative stagnation ironically enough because they adhered to the belief that there ARE no standards. Case in point: The Last Jedi tried to subvert expectations, try to destroy any form of standards. That didn't go over well with anyone. I can also cite the train wreck known as Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, where Kojima also adhered to the "subvert expectations" bit, and that led to the game having a polarized reception, especially regarding the Venom Snake plot twist and how badly managed and poorly written that was. If anything, subjectivity itself leads to poor writing. It was poor writing with the Prequel Trilogy of Star Wars, it was poor writing for Maleficent, it was poor writing for the Matrix trilogy, etc., etc. Heck, Metal Gear Solid 2 actually was just deeply poor writing thanks largely to Kojima trying to push the notion that absolute reality doesn't exist.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

(covers faces)...dang, which one is lisa? (jk jk)

honoka looks way too tall to be 4'11. this girls lyin bout her height on her application forum lool

Macca Beam

As far as standards, I'd personally beg to differ there. I've seen far too many instances where there's really poor thinking and creative stagnation ironically enough because they adhered to the belief that there ARE no standards. Case in point: The Last Jedi tried to subvert expectations, try to destroy any form of standards. That didn't go over well with anyone. I can also cite the train wreck known as Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, where Kojima also adhered to the "subvert expectations" bit, and that led to the game having a polarized reception, especially regarding the Venom Snake plot twist and how badly managed and poorly written that was. If anything, subjectivity itself leads to poor writing. It was poor writing with the Prequel Trilogy of Star Wars, it was poor writing for Maleficent, it was poor writing for the Matrix trilogy, etc., etc. Heck, Metal Gear Solid 2 actually was just deeply poor writing thanks largely to Kojima trying to push the notion that absolute reality doesn't exist.
these are some examples of works that tried to break conventions and failed, but that doesn't mean every work that go for the leap will face the same fate and that you should strict adhere to standards forever out of fear of repeating their mistakes. that's what leads to stagnation: playing safe, sticking to tried-and-true, never leaving your/the consumer's comfort zone, etc. standards are guidelines; you will most likely fuck up if you ignore it completely, but follow it to the T and you'll just be another addition to the endless pile of formulaic hacks, and your work be an idea already executed to death.

i take most "polarized receptions" with a grain of salt because sometimes things can fly right past the masses' head. one notorious example is spec ops: the line. generic buff muhreen character expresses his regret at everything that happened during the game, a wire inside your self-inserting dudebro fps kiddie's brain snaps and it goes into a "WTF THEY MUST BE TELLING ME I SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED IT!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!" hysteria.

fictional writing should be imbued with the author's personality and voice. even at the cost of the occasional hurt feeling or clumsy execution, it's good practice. provided you can pull it off, skillful, subtle subversion of tropes and expectations will always result in more unique and refreshing writing.

RetroMe91

Does Kanna just have her normal SSR outfit and the red school girl swimsuit or does she get other swimsuits too?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD