Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
How do you purchase girls anyway? Do you have to pretty much trade their swimsuits for character coins enough to get a thousand to buy a character sheet? Is that the only way?

Jackie Chan Fan

Since when it comes to DOAX, there are still worries of censorship, there is an article about it mentioning about Sony's stance.

According to a Sony spokeswoman, the guidelines are there “so that creators can offer well-balanced content on the platform” and so that gaming “does not inhibit the sound growth and development” of kids.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/...ence-of-their-own-content-guidelines-for-ps4/

Hmmm, so the latest Mortal Kombat is in its most violent form but there is not a single censorhip in it.

Jackie Chan Fan

How do you purchase girls anyway? Do you have to pretty much trade their swimsuits for character coins enough to get a thousand to buy a character sheet? Is that the only way?

For Venus Vacation?

The easiest way involves luck. Each week, there are new sets of swimsuits for 2 girls, usually. When you successfully draw it, like a lottery, you unlock the girl.

The character coins is a sure but slow way to unlock.

Purchasing with real money is very expensive. For $100, you get 10,000 V-stones. With a promo, you get 14,000 up to 20,000 V-stones. But it's not yet a guaranteed draw.

Xerampelinae

Yes, they are separate. If you unlock an SR, you don't get the character. You need to pull one of their SSRs and it unlocks the character if you don't have her. In the standard Venus draw, there are only the initial 10 girls, and since they were the first SSRs, the stats are crap compared to later SSRs. For the other girls, you need to wait until they show up in an event. And the odds are less than 1%. You can get guaranteed SSR tickets while playing, but they are for the standard Venus draw only. So if you want a character like Luna, Fiona, Tamaki, Nagisa, or Kanna when she goes free, you're out of luck on those guaranteed tickets.

hardseppo

Fiona (Zombie) Gravure Panel (Serenade SSR) with lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34982342

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Fiona-(Zombie)-Gravure-Panel-(Serenade-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yes, they are separate. If you unlock an SR, you don't get the character. You need to pull one of their SSRs and it unlocks the character if you don't have her. In the standard Venus draw, there are only the initial 10 girls, and since they were the first SSRs, the stats are crap compared to later SSRs. For the other girls, you need to wait until they show up in an event. And the odds are less than 1%. You can get guaranteed SSR tickets while playing, but they are for the standard Venus draw only. So if you want a character like Luna, Fiona, Tamaki, Nagisa, or Kanna when she goes free, you're out of luck on those guaranteed tickets.
With Steam version not even having those extra characters, it sounds like right now it's only the initial 10 so far. DOAX games went from being mostly fun vacation simulators to busywork.

Xerampelinae

Yeah, the Steam version is about a year and a half behind the DMM version, so Luna won't show up for free until about six months. VV is ABSOLUTELY just busy work. When the Steam version was very first announced I downloaded it, but then playing it and realizing I'd have to do all that shit all over again made me want to throw up. I find Scarlet/Fortune fun because you can just kind of chill and go slow, but with VV, you just click at stuff and hope that your luck isn't total garbage on the gachas.

Yuffie

@Xerampelinae on gamefaqs, someone said the Norimakis are disliked/indifferent rather than hated. Can you check when you get a chance? I'm still grinding them.
Also I think the SK pack is out.

Xerampelinae

I'm also still grinding on them.... or rather grinding on Macchiato since I want 4 or 5 total for each girl.
I saw that the SK pack is out, but I guess I never actually purchased this one, since it's showing as money for me. I guess I bought the second pack that was the swimsuits.

Looks like Nagisa is also free.... and I just spend 100k v-stones to get her and nothing.... fuck this game.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

I'm also still grinding on them.... or rather grinding on Macchiato since I want 4 or 5 total for each girl.
I saw that the SK pack is out, but I guess I never actually purchased this one, since it's showing as money for me. I guess I bought the second pack that was the swimsuits.

Looks like Nagisa is also free.... and I just spend 100k v-stones to get her and nothing.... fuck this game.

Yeah I prefer the console Xtreme games far more over Venus Vacation and the fact that you can just not be lucky and not get stuff even with so much v-hearts like that is one of the reasons why.

Jadeinchains

Just went on for the first time in who knows how long, It's a cute outfit as well, And I'd live Nagisa but I have like no hearts right now, I'll try to get her but who knows If I will. I'd just like to see all the VV girls get released for X3. ( And the missing girls too obviously )

otnesse

Got Nagisa on the first V-stone roll (didn't need to do return gachas this time around, as I already got the contents there thanks largely to the earlier Hestia event), so I really only have to wait for Kanna to be free. And let's hope the next girl is one of the cut girls. They've taken long enough as it is. I know it's definitely in July, though, and other than Tanabata (which had Leifang hosting the event thanks to it technically originating in China, Leifang's home country), the only other holiday around the time the next girl is to be released (which is most likely the fourth for this year) is Independence Day, which would point to Tina, assuming it is one of the cut girls.

Jackie Chan Fan

I do not like Marie but I got 6 of her SSR swimsuits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also got 6 SSRs with Ayane, Hitomi, and Kokoro, and I'm happy with it.

No luck for Nagisa this week for me.

Mad Will

Hi all,
I just tried to give Honoka a swimsuit from the limited timed owner store in DOAX3 on the switch (I can't remember what it was called but it was somethingA, it was a white bikini covered in hibiscus flowers), she was 4 star satisfied, but still did not accept it. Will the girls accept any of the swimsuits that are in the owner store or are they assigned to certain girls? Haven't bought one from there before and I thought that I would give it a go.
If someone can help me, that would be great.
Cheers.

Xerampelinae

That’s an Indifferent suit. I love that one, the Macchiato A. There is an RNG to gifting suits. Even if there is something they like there is a small chance they will reject it. You just got unlucky. Was it wrapped in her fave colour paper? Did you gift her something beforehand that she didn’t like? Both of those can factor in. That’s why a lot of people save scum this game. Even if you do everything right, there is a chance of rejection.

They will accept any suit from the owner shop with enough prompting. It may take you 10-15 or more tries to give her something like the pole dance tickets or a super skimpy swimsuit she hates, but she will accept it eventually. The only things that are character specific are clearly marked.

I would honestly suggest save scumming. I don’t really consider it cheating in this game since you’re still doing a lot of work to set up the gifting scenario (get the money to get the suit then make her happy enough to accept presents). On Switch I believe you can do it by uploading your save to the cloud before gifting and then downloading it again after gifting. You would have to disable auto upload though, and have signed up for Nintendo online, which is cheap.

Mad Will

Cheers Xerampelinae, for replying to my post and your feedback.

That’s an Indifferent suit. I love that one, the Macchiato A. There is an RNG to gifting suits. Even if there is something they like there is a small chance they will reject it. You just got unlucky. Was it wrapped in her fave colour paper?

I agree with you, it is a great swimsuit and yes, I did have it wrapped in her favourite colour.

Did you gift her something beforehand that she didn’t like? Both of those can factor in. That’s why a lot of people save scum this game. Even if you do everything right, there is a chance of rejection.

No, I hadn't gifted her anything beforehand.

They will accept any suit from the owner shop with enough prompting. It may take you 10-15 or more tries to give her something like the pole dance tickets or a super skimpy swimsuit she hates, but she will accept it eventually. The only things that are character specific are clearly marked.

I will try again (with your suggested method below) and I didn't think it was character specific, as it wasn't marked, but thought I would ask anyway.

I would honestly suggest save scumming. I don’t really consider it cheating in this game since you’re still doing a lot of work to set up the gifting scenario (get the money to get the suit then make her happy enough to accept presents). On Switch I believe you can do it by uploading your save to the cloud before gifting and then downloading it again after gifting. You would have to disable auto upload though, and have signed up for Nintendo online, which is cheap.

Cheers again for all your help, will have to play through a couple vacations to gain the required money, so that I can re-wrap the swimsuit again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD