Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

So I'm guessing your predicting that either Tina or Lisa is going to be the next character to be revealed? I'd prefer Lisa but Tina would be cool too. It could be someone else entirely though or a completely new character.

I'm gunning for Tina since, hey, the next girl's release date's going to be on or around Independence Day, and she is the most American of the cast (not to say Lisa isn't American, but Tina obviously embodies the Stars and Stripes bit alongside her dad). But, heck, I'd even accept the likes of Mila, Rachel, Christie, and/or Lisa if it at least means one more of the cut girls gets in (so far, only Leifang got in). It better not be a completely new character, though: I was pretty ticked off when I learned Kanna got in instead of Christie (which is what the in-game data seemed to predict), and only barely tolerated her inclusion due to her technically sharing the same birthday (since it implies that they'll allow for two characters to have a birthday six days from each other or less, and the only character thus far to match that requirement is Tina, being within a week from Kokoro's birthday). If they add in an OC next, I'll blow a gasket. They ought to wait until September before adding completely new girls in. At least there, we don't have to worry about Mila being released during that time (Nagisa and to a lesser extent Fiona have already proven that they aren't going to release girls from the paywall without having them experiencing their birthday, meaning they definitely wouldn't dare release Mila during September due to it being way too close to her birthday in October).

Last edited:

RetroMe91

I’m actually worried that the console versions won’t be receiving any new content beyond this point. The money maker was obviously the browser game.

otnesse

I’m actually worried that the console versions won’t be receiving any new content beyond this point. The money maker was obviously the browser game.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, especially when that's pretty much their one shot at not only getting the cut girls into DOAX3 (them being cut should NEVER have happened), but also adding in the DOAXVV girls (besides Misaki and Leifang, I mean).

RetroMe91

Honestly I don’t really care if the missing ladies from the fighting series make it into the game, but I do want the DOAXVV girls. I think this is partially because they seem to be exclusive to the DOAX series and I want them to continue supporting the console version of the game. I also think it’s partially because the only missing cast member I truly want in DOAX3 is Lisa. I mean I will pick up any character they decide to put in the game, but I’d rather have Tamaki, Fiona, or Luna over Tina, Christie, or Mila.

otnesse

Honestly I don’t really care if the missing ladies from the fighting series make it into the game, but I do want the DOAXVV girls. I think this is partially because they seem to be exclusive to the DOAX series and I want them to continue supporting the console version of the game. I also think it’s partially because the only missing cast member I truly want in DOAX3 is Lisa. I mean I will pick up any character they decide to put in the game, but I’d rather have Tamaki, Fiona, or Luna over Tina, Christie, or Mila.

Quite frankly, I want ALL of them in, both the DOAXVV girls and the cut girls (Mila and Rachel especially considering they weren't even allowed their first vacation thanks to that idiotic poll). If it weren't for those girls being cut, I would have only supported the DOAXVV girls being included in DOAX3 since the whole fighter cast would have been in it. I'm not even fond of Marie Rose, yet if she were excluded, I'd STILL be outraged at their excluding her despite disliking her.

Heck, I would have preferred it if they included the DOAXVV girls as actual fighters as well (they had Lisa included in DOA4 after her debut in DOAXBV, so there's absolutely no excuse for excluding the DOAXVV girls, especially when Luna got taught some Karate in one of her debut episodes).

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

UpSideDownGRUNT

Considering it's almost 4 months and the only thing that happened with X3 was Leifang and Misaki coming to Fortune I'm convinced that horse has already keeled over.

VV is where the money and content is, Scarlet was nothing more than a $60 update.

otnesse

Considering it's almost 4 months and the only thing that happened with X3 was Leifang and Misaki coming to Fortune I'm convinced that horse has already keeled over.

VV is where the money and content is, Scarlet was nothing more than a $60 update.

Hmm, last I checked, Honoka's Moo Moo Denim overalls weren't in DOAX3 (they were added in Xtreme Venus Vacation), yet I definitely recall seeing a DOAX3 screenshot of Kokoro wearing those exact overalls, so I wouldn't be so sure about saying it's done. Someone even made a screenshot, which I posted.

otnesse

Those overalls are in Misaki's collection. X3 is done.

Oh, they are? Okay, that nixes my argument. However, they really should have DLC characters at the very least. Seems like a waste to add in Misaki and Leifang when they're not even going to bother adding in the rest. If it were me, I'd make sure X3 gets DLC regardless of whether it's a moneymaker or not, just to make sure all the girls get in.

hardseppo

DoAX3 Misaki Pole-Dance in "Fortune" (with lotions)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35331775

DoAX3-Fortune-Misaki-Pole-Dance-in-Fortune-(with-lotions).jpg

DoAX3 Leifang Pole-Dance in "Fortune" (with lotions)
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35332056

DoAX3-Fortune-Leifang-Pole-Dance-in-Fortune-(with-lotions).jpg

Tamaki Gravure Panel (Snack Shrimp SSR) with malfunction and lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35337417

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Tamaki-Gravure-Panel-(Snack-Shrimp-SSR)-with-malfunction-and-lotions.jpg

Last edited:

otnesse

Well guys, only a couple more days before the new girl comes out. Let's hope TN gets smart for once and has Tina released instead of a new girl (heck, has ANY of the remaining cut girls released instead of a new girl). It's been long enough, and they really should start adding in the cut girls. I've got a theory regarding who is coming out, but I'm NOT going to divulge it until after July 4, and even then, only if Tina does indeed come out on that date.

Jadeinchains

Well guys, only a couple more days before the new girl comes out. Let's hope TN gets smart for once and has Tina released instead of a new girl (heck, has ANY of the remaining cut girls released instead of a new girl). It's been long enough, and they really should start adding in the cut girls. I've got a theory regarding who is coming out, but I'm NOT going to divulge it until after July 4, and even then, only if Tina does indeed come out on that date.

I wouldn't be angry If it's another new girl since the new girls are cool too but It would be nice to see another returning character, It definitely would be good timing if it turned out to be Tina or Lisa being revealed on July 4th. I guess we'll see pretty soon..well unless they don't reveal any characters this week but hopefully they will.

otnesse

I wouldn't be angry If it's another new girl since the new girls are cool too but It would be nice to see another returning character, It definitely would be good timing if it turned out to be Tina or Lisa being revealed on July 4th. I guess we'll see pretty soon..well unless they don't reveal any characters this week but hopefully they will.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be glad if they added in a new girl overall, even if it's not the cut six, but I do NOT tolerate having the cut characters ignored (the whole reason I even got into DOAXVV in the first place was the opportunity posed to correcting that grievous error of cutting those characters out). Maybe if they never cut them at all, I'd be even more overjoyed at a new character. And considering they actually had Easter, of all holidays, be used as the focus of an event fairly recently, Team Ninja has NO excuse for ignoring Tina or Lisa this time around (Remember, Easter, even in terms of the secular holiday, let alone the actual religious holiday among Christians, is obscure among the Japanese, and there are plenty of Christian holidays that are nonetheless widely celebrated in the secular sense by the Japanese, such as Christmas, Halloween, and Valentine's Day). Not to mention they had Leifang helm Tanabata because of that holiday's ties to the Chinese, if Auri's note in the translation for her first event episode is of any indication.

otnesse

Unfortunately, they have not released a new character at all (and thanks to that New Link collaboration that's coming two weeks from now on the sixteenth, I don't think we can expect a new girl, cut or OC, until late July or August).

Honestly, why couldn't they release a new character now, whether it be an OC or hopefully a cut girl (especially Tina)?! I mean, ignoring for one minute that they had Leifang's debut as her helming Tanabata partly because of her Chinese nationality and that holiday's ties to China, they literally had Easter during Kanna's debut episodes. Easter, as in, Peter Cottontail delivers eggs kind of Easter. Japan doesn't even celebrate Easter as a holiday, certainly not as a secular holiday, so if they can do a holiday that most Japanese people wouldn't even know first-hand about, they most certainly could pull off an Independence Day-style festival for Tina's debut. And quite frankly, we're practically owed an appearance since 84 days have passed, which is generally when new girls are released with the exception of Kanna. I could understand why Kanna would have waited until April thanks largely to the double release of Dead or Alive 6 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet? But now? There's no excuse, not even with the New Link collab. The Destiny's Child collab didn't stop Fiona from being released two weeks before. All they needed to do was do two weeks of character debut episodes, and then transition over to New Link like before. Heck, having it occur on Independence Day would have been PERFECT for debuting Tina.

Jackie Chan Fan

So Kanna joined the game on April 16-17. That's the 3rd week of April? We can then hope that a new character in 1-2 weeks. Hoping it's Tina. Not another loli, please. lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD