Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Okay, so now it looks like that you can't by costumes individually on PS4. But, only in North America.

https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/news190301a.html
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa6/news190301a.html

Look at the boxes where it says "Unit" or "単品".

What the hell are they doing? Who is in charge here? Maybe it's a mistake, but it's a pretty glaring one if so.
400x400_1399409234370-bill-cosby-confused-face-475x36.jpg

PandaFace

I don't know how credible this is, but he is the community manager so hopefully it counts for something...

But MASTER just said on his stream that there will be an update very soon (he said possibly monday but..) that will make it easier to unlock costumes. We shall see.

belts

I don't know how credible this is, but he is the community manager so hopefully it counts for something...

But MASTER just said on his stream that there will be an update very soon (he said possibly monday but..) that will make it easier to unlock costumes. We shall see.
Man, for one of the main online communities for this game, you guys sure are out of the loop sometimes. XD

It was already Tweeted a couple days ago by TN that they are making an "emergency patch" on Monday to buff the unlock system by 10 excluding ranked and DOA Quests. So now you'll be able to get 10 points instead of 1 for clearing Arcade... Fucking whoop-dee-doo.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I wonder if after the unanimous backlash they will really just increase the costume pattern earnings 10x on Monday and keep the rest of the costume pattern unlocking system as it is...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They are giving out too few parts and the RNG is annoying. That said, expecting to unlock every costume in two days is a bit ridiculous. Remember, they could’ve locked costumes behind higher difficulty courses like vanilla DoA5. The thought process was likely to have stuff to constantly unlock without having the budget to make five million costumes for launch.

Only improvement I’d make would be to make parts obtained go towards costumes for the character you’re using and bump parts obtained up a bit.

Xhominid The Demon Within

It really needs to be more than 10 points per arcade runthrough considering there's outfits that need 1000 points to be unlocked. And we should be able to either prioritize which characters get the points or set us pick exactly the outfit they get spent on.

I feel like 200 points per arcade run would be a good amount.

Matt straight stated that you get 20 Arcade points on the highest difficulty atm and 15 to 18 on the highest difficulty on Time Attack...
So unless you guys did the lowest setting of Arcade Mode, we are getting around 200 patterns after the patch on the highest difficulty.

Jadeinchains

Matt straight stated that you get 20 Arcade points on the highest difficulty atm and 15 to 18 on the highest difficulty on Time Attack...
So unless you guys did the lowest setting of Arcade Mode, we are getting around 200 patterns after the patch on the highest difficulty.

To be honest I've only played through arcade one time so far and it was in the 3rd from the easiest difficulty. :p However After hearing that. tomorrow once the patch is out I'll be sure to start doing runthroughs in the harder difficulties to get those 200 points and start unlocking more outfits. :)

Jadeinchains

Me reacting to Lisa not being included in Vol 1 of the wedding dlc
tumblr_omqgigjbVK1s7wzx7o1_400.gif

jk.

But no really when It was revealed they'd be splitting the wedding dlc into 2 volumes I knew Lisa would be in the second one. It's okay though I'm just biased so wanted to see Lisa's wedding outfit as soon as possible. :p The outfits are looking great on everyone so far.

RetroMe91

They are doing a 10x multiplier for the arcade, survival, and time attack mode for a temporary time. They must have received several complaints about the unlock system. The update for that is the 4th. They tweeted that.

PandaFace

Man, for one of the main online communities for this game, you guys sure are out of the loop sometimes. XD

It was already Tweeted a couple days ago by TN that they are making an "emergency patch" on Monday to buff the unlock system by 10 excluding ranked and DOA Quests. So now you'll be able to get 10 points instead of 1 for clearing Arcade... Fucking whoop-dee-doo.
it was tweeted yesterday, the same day I posted this, just earlier in the day.

so sorry for being a few hours out of date :rolling eyes:

Randzz

The costume points thing shouldn't be there at all. Simple concept, completing arcade mode with character X (or every 10 or so characters in survival, etc) unlocks a costume for character X... that worked fairly well for the last game. For Quests, have them unlock stages when you beat a certain amount of them, or special costumes during certain special days (Xmas, A DoA tournament that "everybody" will be at, & so on). Completionists will always go for the quests, regardless of whether they give you something other then bragging rights or not.

Gee, I wonder if KT/TN will have the costumes available as MCX to ease the grind at some point. Guess I should be grateful they're not doing the advertising crap that Capcom is for SFV.

Tina2040_

The costume points thing shouldn't be there at all. Simple concept, completing arcade mode with character X (or every 10 or so characters in survival, etc) unlocks a costume for character X... that worked fairly well for the last game. For Quests, have them unlock stages when you beat a certain amount of them, or special costumes during certain special days (Xmas, A DoA tournament that "everybody" will be at, & so on). Completionists will always go for the quests, regardless of whether they give you something other then bragging rights or not.

Gee, I wonder if KT/TN will have the costumes available as MCX to ease the grind at some point. Guess I should be grateful they're not doing the advertising crap that Capcom is for SFV.

I love the xmas quest idea!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD