Official DOA6 Costume Thread

PandaFace

yeah. It's still a grind but with the buff to both online and offline (i hope its permanent..) its not nearly as bad as before.

besides the AI on hardest is such button reading bullcrap that online is actually faster because you get the same win or lose

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What are you all using that you got the update I'm on xbox no update where I am.
Just restart the game and it should work, it's not an actual update per say

Also they need to dropthe pattern system. Instead of everything being locked they need to make costumes like 1000 to 5000 player points each and in case players don't want to spend money for them, apply the pattern system to everything like usual so there's two ways to unlock everything. Plus it's annoying finally getting the gear unlocked but it still has a price tag on it

I've played and completed 26 quests. I haven't unlocked more than 2 costumes. This is a ridiculous method. I remember playing DOA Ultimate and completing survival mode thinking how challenging that was. This is just downright insane. You complete a quest and you should get one complete costume. I can't devote my life to this. I just plopped down $60 bucks and I'm the one doing all the hard work? I don't play online either. That doesn't make sense. And the costume selection for the base game actually isn't so great. I mean alternate colors? Come on! I'm venting and I'm pissed. Everyone in the gaming journalism industry complex complain about the sexualization aspect. That's the easy part! What about my wallet getting harassed! I'm really let down by this.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I've played and completed 26 quests. I haven't unlocked more than 2 costumes. This is a ridiculous method. I remember playing DOA Ultimate and completing survival mode thinking how challenging that was. This is just downright insane. You complete a quest and you should get one complete costume. I can't devote my life to this. I just plopped down $60 bucks and I'm the one doing all the hard work? I don't play online either. That doesn't make sense. And the costume selection for the base game actually isn't so great. I mean alternate colors? Come on! I'm venting and I'm pissed. Everyone in the gaming journalism industry complex complain about the sexualization aspect. That's the easy part! What about my wallet getting harassed! I'm really let down by this.

Did... did you miss what I was talking about that they just massively buffed the pattern drop rates? They are massive buffs, mind you so don't really do Quest Mode unless you want to get everything if you want to aim for costumes.

human013

Still sucks how points are wasted. Got like 800 points for a 200 point costume. Right now I'm just trying to find a way to cheese my way through unlocking everything by using turbo. It's not working too well on the highest difficulty since I'm getting held a lot so I settled on the lowest difficulty.

For anyone wondering: set one attack button to X (confirmation button) or the xbox equivalent, turn on turbo, and then let it run it's course. For example, make X=K and pick Zack.

DamianD1

Just restart the game and it should work, it's not an actual update per say

Also they need to dropthe pattern system. Instead of everything being locked they need to make costumes like 1000 to 5000 player points each and in case players don't want to spend money for them, apply the pattern system to everything like usual so there's two ways to unlock everything. Plus it's annoying finally getting the gear unlocked but it still has a price tag on it
I restarted the game but no change for me will try it again.

Did... did you miss what I was talking about that they just massively buffed the pattern drop rates? They are massive buffs, mind you so don't really do Quest Mode unless you want to get everything if you want to aim for costumes.
I'm still not understanding exactly how this system works. I played through Arcade, Time Attack and Survival a few times each. I don't have much that is new in terms of costumes. Seriously - should it be this difficult for some customers? I mean it says I've unlocked this pattern for whoever and than I forget who it was for when I go into DOA Central, lol. This is absurd. If I complete a whole mode shouldn't I get a goddamn costume out of it? lol. I'm not super angry or trying to start a flame war with anyone here but I would want to alert the game makers at KoeiTecmo USA/TNinja to understand the different demographics they have. I don't play online, I can't beat True Fighter mode, I'm not that good overall, and lastly - I really like the DOA girls and they're sexy outfits. I'm not willing to fork over hard earned cash or waste an enormous amount of time on unlocking pieces of costumes. I'd rather spend my time complaining about one of my all time favorite games on FSD instead! :D Thanks all

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm still not understanding exactly how this system works. I played through Arcade, Time Attack and Survival a few times each. I don't have much that is new in terms of costumes. Seriously - should it be this difficult for some customers? I mean it says I've unlocked this pattern for whoever and than I forget who it was for when I go into DOA Central, lol. This is absurd. If I complete a whole mode shouldn't I get a goddamn costume out of it? lol. I'm not super angry or trying to start a flame war with anyone here but I would want to alert the game makers at KoeiTecmo USA/TNinja to understand the different demographics they have. I don't play online, I can't beat True Fighter mode, I'm not that good overall, and lastly - I really like the DOA girls and they're sexy outfits. I'm not willing to fork over hard earned cash or waste an enormous amount of time on unlocking pieces of costumes. I'd rather spend my time complaining about one of my all time favorite games on FSD instead! :D Thanks all

Basically you play any mode in the game and you get a set amount of patterns on average.

Due to the increase of overall patterns by x10 and then another x10, you get a massive amount for the next week and some change.
Arcade on Normal can run you about 200-300 on Average while the highest difficulty can get you well over 900
Time Attack and Survival will be slightly less than Arcade but should be similar gains
And Quest Mode is the same amount but it was meant to be that way from the start to be the main way to get Costume Patterns.

If you fully unlock a costume, you then can buy it from DOA Central for a set amount of coins but I also believe you can get coins from more than Quest Mode but I haven't really tried to look for it atm.

Jadeinchains

Oh wow so it's 200/300 for average and the higher difficulties get you 800/900?! That's great! :D
( I'd still prefer to be able to save points and pick what outfit they get spent on but your now this is a big improvement of the point system )

P2p1mbs

I want to try again in unlocking some more costumes now that they increased the points earned but I feel like it would be better to wait until they eventually remove the randomness and make it so that you get point for the character you're using rather than giving it to someone else.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD