Official DOA6 Costume Thread

Xhominid The Demon Within

And there you have it, we finally see what sort of damage the idiotic marketing did to the numbers.

DOA 5 vanilla had much higher numbers than this (on all platforms).

OMG I just put it in a different thread that they are only counting leaderboards and just the leaderboards.
Actually bother checking the PSN trophy percentage for those who won their first ranked match, it's 42.5%, it's literally double that number for how many has DOA6 ALONE it would similarly be the same for Steam and Xbox Live.

I can't even believe you guys would believe that without fact checking where you even got it from.
That number is literally only accurate for how many played Ranked Match AT ALL.

I swear to god, this is literally going to be DOA Reddit in all but name at this point.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Get out of here trying to act like DOA Reddit.

You're nothing to tell me that.

SFV's changes was just as jank with Juri's biker costume getting an unnecessary as hell bodysuit underneath it which looks just as dumb and people did complain about it

Stop lying bro, that's false.

and nothing was done on top of random changes among random changes.
None of those hurt SFV in the reputation area(there was alot of things that hurt that game... just like with DOA6)

Yeah, it's not like people laughed as hell at all these changes, right?

but this alone isn't crushing anything to anyone with common sense.

People with common sense can only laugh at this mess.

Yeah except if we play by SF5 rules, R.Mika can't even be in her default... so by that logic, wouldn't La Mariposa's default be too much?

SF V wasn't designed at its conception with e-sports prudes in mind unlike DOA 6. Every DOA 6 default costume is designed for e-sports.

At least you could play the game to look which costumes aren't censored.

And again, that's even if some of the TO's even allow it to be up. And what? They've been changing plenty of character's costumes to their defaults for quite some time, the hell are you even talking about?

Like they don't already for any other video game tournament or anything involving DOA in the slightest? Jesus, what the hell are you even on? Twitch Chat does what Twitch Chat does and they do it to every single game, why in the hell when it happens to DOA, it's suddenly a travesty? Did you continually flip your shit everytime people talk about where the females at when 2 players only use the male characters?
And again, you are flipping your shit at an option in the game that will rarely be implemented except at certain tournies that want the option on!

Let's step away from the insanity that is DOA Reddit and let's go to anything shitposting Reddit and see their thoughts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/bhaxak
Well you look at that? Highest rated comment and most of the other comments appreciate it being an OPTION, rather than it being forced and while they may not like it, it's better than the alternative. They even called that it's primarily due to E-Sports is why it's even in there and point out what happened with SFV.
Again, it's sad as well when R/Kappa has more sense than the people in this thread right now. "But the crazies and the SJWs" we was already on the SJW's shit list since Xtreme Beach Volleyball and the crazies was on DOA6's ass since they listened to the freaking IGN interview, the bed was already made since then that we got this stupidity. No one with a functional brain cares.

Is it ugly? Yes. Is there massive room for improvement? Yes. Is it there only to cater to fools like the EVO TO? Yes. Does it hurt the game in any fashion like people say? No. Will Twitch Chat body the game? Yes, like they do to EVERYTHING ELSE~

Look at twitter, look at Steam, people is fucking laughing at this amateur work.

You will see for yourself in tournaments if they turn this monstrosity on.

And nope, I'm not "flipping my shit" anymore because I'm seeing how dumb they're and I'm starting to not caring for this game anymore.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm not so much concerned with the total volume as I am with the distribution. For example, there are only 12 people with U+ rank on PC. Less than 50 are U- or above. Less than 250 are S- or above. Now yes, I do expect PC to have lower numbers than other platforms, but I also expect ranks to be a bit more populated given how long the game ran with no other online option. You get a bunch of people to download Core Fighters and play a few ranked matches, get their trophy and leaderboard spot, decide the game is poop, and then never touch it again. If a sizable number of people are consistently playing the game, the leaderboards would be more dense, especially at the higher ranks. Instead, it's like scouting a wasteland, which mirrors the lobby experience as well.

It's basically telling me that I'm not just the unluckiest sonovabitch ever with trying to find active hours. The game, at least on PC, is so fucking desolate, and that's the only place I can tolerate playing it given the oppressive input delay on consoles.

Cadaveri

OMG I just put it in a different thread that they are only counting leaderboards and just the leaderboards. Actually bother checking the PSN trophy percentage for those who won their first ranked match, it's 42.5%, it's literally double that number for how many has DOA6 ALONE it would similarly be the same for Steam and Xbox Live.

I can't even believe you guys would believe that without fact checking where you even got it from.
That number is literally only accurate for how many played Ranked Match AT ALL.

I swear to god, this is literally going to be DOA Reddit in all but name at this point.

Are you honestly defending DOA6 numbers with a straight face?
The fact checking I need to do is remember playing doa5 and looking at the leaderboard and seeing it being around 200k on PS3 and even in the 100Ks on xbox.

You don't need to be a mathematician to see something is terribly wrong (especially on xbox)...

I'm not so much concerned with the total volume as I am with the distribution. For example, there are only 12 people with U+ rank on PC. Less than 50 are U- or above. Less than 250 are S- or above. Now yes, I do expect PC to have lower numbers than other platforms, but I also expect ranks to be a bit more populated given how long the game ran with no other online option. You get a bunch of people to download Core Fighters and play a few ranked matches, get their trophy and leaderboard spot, decide the game is poop, and then never touch it again. If a sizable number of people are consistently playing the game, the leaderboards would be more dense, especially at the higher ranks. Instead, it's like scouting a wasteland, which mirrors the lobby experience as well.

It's basically telling me that I'm not just the unluckiest sonovabitch ever with trying to find active hours. The game, at least on PC, is so fucking desolate, and that's the only place I can tolerate playing it given the oppressive input delay on consoles.

And most people don't play fighting games online at all, that's been news since forever Brute. And that's on top of the fact of not even bothering to ever touch the online button, play it once or even how the Leaderboards even work(what happens if everyone shares the same rank number? Are they all Number 1 or Number 1-2-3 and on?)
You are guessing that it must be the exact number even though there's no proof of that vs. the PS4 Trophy list. You are throwing in an equally unlikely scenario for people who rarely ever play Fighting Games online in any major capacity(most people don't play Mortal Kombat online despite basically selling in the millions)

You're nothing to tell me that.

Someone's feeling a little burnt.

Stop lying bro, that's false.

How is it false when we have seen them change R.Mika's camera angle and arm placement during her Critical Art? I was there watching all of the trailers because I was interested in SFV. I know what I'm talking about because on top of that Juri is my favorite character of the lineup and I looked up as much as I can on her.

Yeah, it's not like people laughed as hell at all these changes, right?

People was disappointed, yes but they ultimately moved on or wished there was a toggle option.

People with common sense can only laugh at this mess.

These are some terrible comebacks dude...

SF V wasn't designed at its conception with e-sports prudes in mind unlike DOA 6. Every DOA 6 default costume is designed for e-sports.

At least you could play the game to look which costumes aren't censored.

That's a goddamned lie and you know it! SFV was literally rushed out of release to capitalize on being in the Capcom Cup as it was beginning to start, every and their mother figured that out and the game was built on cashing into the E-Sports fame, they even said so.
And they practically do censor their costumes when it comes to not even having them be put up when it comes to stream time despite them selling them just like DOA does. You are arguing over the fact that the option even exists and that's just insane to me.

Look at twitter, look at Steam, people is fucking laughing at this amateur work.

No shit, did you even miss the fact that I was saying how bad it is and that they should do better?

You will see for yourself in tournaments if they turn this monstrosity on.

Okay? So it will basically be like how people will act when females aren't being played on the stream... and 2-3 extra snowflakes that complain that the option even exists.

And nope, I'm not "flipping my shit" anymore because I'm seeing how dumb they're and I'm starting to not caring for this game anymore.

And there it is, the core of your entire argument. How about you stop wasting my and other's time with this nonsense and just leave for Venus Vacation or DOA5LR then like Brute does?

Are you honestly defending DOA6 numbers with a straight face?
The fact checking I need to do is remember playing doa5 and looking at the leaderboard and seeing it being around 200k on PS4 and even in the 100Ks on xbox.

You don't need to be a mathematician to see something is terribly wrong (especially on xbox)...

I'm not defending DOA6's numbers with a straight face, I'm laughing at the incompetence of people who believe the numbers that guy put up rather than even bother looking at the PS4 trophy percentage which helps just as much than that.
How about you ask how that person got their info? Does he know how the leaderboards work? Does he have any insider knowledge? Or just take him at his word because "Leaderboards" and that must suddenly be 100% factual?

Cadaveri

I'm not defending DOA6's numbers with a straight face, I'm laughing at the incompetence of people who believe the numbers that guy put up rather than even bother looking at the PS4 trophy percentage which helps just as much than that.
How about you ask how that person got their info? Does he know how the leaderboards work? Does he have any insider knowledge? Or just take him at his word because "Leaderboards" and that must suddenly be 100% factual?

The numbers give us a rough estimate and we can compare those numbers to say DOA5 leaderboards.

Also I would point out that online numbers(leaderboard) are much more important to me at least.

The numbers give us a rough estimate and we can compare those numbers to say DOA5 leaderboards.

Also I would point out that online numbers(leaderboard) are much more important to me at least.

Yeah it's only online, and I will agree that the online numbers are shit, my point ultimately is that he's trying to account for overall SALES, which can be effortlessly disproven by looking at the trophy percentages of the PS4 and potentially even Steam and Xbox Live and the fact it only accounts for Ranked Leaderboards.

*Sigh* This is why I'm not a fan of doing these types of arguments, it ruins my day and I end up feeling so down because I start having to get ready for more arguments constantly.

Cadaveri

Yeah it's only online, and I will agree that the online numbers are shit, my point ultimately is that he's trying to account for overall SALES, which can be effortlessly disproven by looking at the trophy percentages of the PS4 and potentially even Steam and Xbox Live and the fact it only accounts for Ranked Leaderboards.

*Sigh* This is why I'm not a fan of doing these types of arguments, it ruins my day and I end up feeling so down because I start having to get ready for more arguments constantly.

Yes, but overall It's pretty easy put 1+1 together.

Less people on leaderboards = less sold copies as well...

You only need to look at steamcharts etc

RetroMe91

I do find a problem with using the leaderboards because this game has been out for a few months while DOA5 has been out for several years now. So naturally I would expect DOA5’s leaderboards to be larger. It’s not a good number to use when comparing sales. DOA5 had 3 installments, it should have higher numbers than a game within the beginning of its life on its first installment.

That being said, I would like to see actual real numbers for how many copies sold for DOA5 Vanilla vs DOA6.

TheTHCGamer

Some of you literally want this game to die and it's obvious who those people are. Do any of you remember the EVO a few years back where they asked Fuudo to change R Mikas outfit?

If this feature was something that we were forced to use I would be beyond pissed and be done with the game no questions asked. If it's a feature though that 90% of us won't be using and its optional what's the problem then.

I'm sorry but as much as I can't stand censorship when it's done in a way where we have the option to at least turn it off I can live with that. This is the easiest and probably the least time consuming way to please sponsors who might not want to be comfortable with a sexualized fighting game.

Some of you are literally waiting for any negative little thing and blowing it out of proportion. The lobby delay was the only legit complaint besides not being able to purchase costumes separately and the the grind that came with unlocking costumes.

So now that we do have lobbies and the grind isn't so bad should we still be throwing in everyone's face till DoA7 is released? My main issue as of now is still not being able to purchase costumes separately but honestly they're just losing out on my money so it's hurting them more then it is us.

At first I thought this wasn't an option by how dramatic some of the replies I've read online. Then after I found out it was something you could toggle off I was like really people are getting bent out of shape over this

I swear it seems like some of you just look forward to any negative news or look to turn things into a negative news just so you guys can go on a rant. I was beyond pissed with the lobbies but getting mad over this is petty.
2ufhwNgM3qHKGxq8wdcWAiFpcm29FF1vQ7VZHkTuxCcCsDKcngKtUjo1fztqggGm8EM5JP4RB.gif

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
And most people don't play fighting games online at all, that's been news since forever Brute
pffffffffffffft what?

Even if your assumption that most players exclusively play offline (an insane suggestion in 2019), the amount relative to the number that are playing total shouldn't really change that much. Since my concern is comparing the game's activity and livelihood to that of its predecessor, that wouldn't even matter.

Cadaveri

I do find a problem with using the leaderboards because this game has been out for a few months while DOA5 has been out for several years now. So naturally I would expect DOA5’s leaderboards to be larger. It’s not a good number to use when comparing sales. DOA5 had 3 installments, it should have higher numbers than a game within the beginning of its life on its first installment.

That being said, I would like to see actual real numbers for how many copies sold for DOA5 Vanilla vs DOA6.

Well from personal memory, I do remember DOA5 having bigger leaderboard numbers even at launch.

Some of you literally want this game to die and it's obvious who those people are.

Some of you are literally waiting for any negative little thing and blowing it out of proportion.

I swear it seems like some of you just look forward to any negative news or look to turn things into a negative news just so you guys can go on a rant. I was beyond pissed when the lobbies but getting mad over this is petty.

I believe most of us here don't want DOA to die, far from it...

Thing is there really hasn't been many positives when it comes to this game and It's release. Lets be completely honest, It's been a total mess...

• Season Pass costing more than premium version of the game
  • Screw up nearly every media interview you can
  • No individual option for buying costumes on Steam & PSN
  • Release AND Split DLC Pack with recolors/duplicate costumes, price it with full price
  • Re-using old assets from previous game(s)
  • Latest censorship, for what purpose exactly..?
Just to name a few. You tell me, what exactly has been positive lately apart from them finally releasing lobbies.

This recent censorship crap I honestly find funny If nothing else, the black crap looks completely out of place in every single costume lol.
For what exact reason was it even implimented for? EVO main stage is long gone.

Strangerinmytub

Some of you literally want this game to die and it's obvious who those people are. Do any of you remember the EVO a few years back where they asked Fuudo to change R Mikas outfit?

If this feature was something that we were forced to use I would be beyond pissed and be done with the game no questions asked. If it's a feature though that 90% of us won't be using and its optional what's the problem then.

I'm sorry but as much as I can't stand censorship when it's done in a way where we have the option to at least turn it off I can live with that. This is the easiest and probably the least time consuming way to please sponsors who might not want to be comfortable with a sexualized fighting game.

Some of you are literally waiting for any negative little thing and blowing it out of proportion. The lobby delay was the only legit complaint besides not being able to purchase costumes separately and the the grind that came with unlocking costumes.

So now that we do have lobbies and the grind isn't so bad should we still be throwing in everyone's face till DoA7 is released? My main issue as of now is still not being able to purchase costumes separately but honestly they're just losing out on my money so it's hurting them more then it is us.

At first I thought this wasn't an option by how dramatic some of the replies I've read online. Then after I found out it was something you could toggle off I was like really people are getting bent out of shape over this

I swear it seems like some of you just look forward to any negative news or look to turn things into a negative news just so you guys can go on a rant. I was beyond pissed when the lobbies but getting mad over this is petty.View attachment 28470

*INCOMING RANT*

All the poor decisions from TN over the last few months have compounded the negativity and feelings of anger fans of the series are expressing. If KT had been hitting home runs and knocking shit out of the park for the last few weeks I'm sure people wouldn't get as worked up over this. As it is now this option is just icing on the cake and shows how lazy and flip-floppy the devs and/or publisher are.

I'm tired of the PR for this game waffling back and forth between staying true to the original fans with fan-service and sexiness and being a serious, mature eSport. If you went through the effort of making slutty outfits in the first place, why are you ashamed to have them be displayed? Go one way or another I don't care but pick a damn side and stick with it.

People are upset over the lack of content for a fully priced $60 game. Mortal Kombat 11 cost the same as DOA6 on release, we pay the exact same amount of money for a fighting game and get far less and we're supposed to just be chill with it? "Think of the poor starving TN devs with no budget", I would think of them more if I wasn't being charged premium price. $60 for one intro and one outro. $60 for a barebones two hour story mode. $60 and I can't play with my friends until well after a month after release.

I haven't even gone into the awful value of the deluxe edition ($20 for one costume pack and a character) and the season pass. 92 fucking dollars for two characters and two costume packs, it's fucking mind boggling how people can defend it as a good value. You could buy the entire game 1 and a half times with 20 something characters for that much money, that alone should show you that the value to cost ratio is terrible. The season pass being $30 would already be pushing it, $92 is a slap in the face. Oh but we're being too negative, we're being nitpicky, god forbid we actually want to get some value out of spending nearly a hundred bucks on a video game DLC.

I'm tired of people falling over themselves to make up excuses for every single failure associated with this game. I get that sometimes things are out of the developer's control, but it's seriously starting to drive me nuts how far people will go to defend shitty quality and poor decisions. I've got a wheel of fortune with all the buzzwords that people are using to defend some of this stuff. "Shitty publisher" "Time constraints" "Language Barrier" "Low budget" "Shifting Priorities" "Game dev is hard" There are hundreds of game companies that deal with combinations of these same issues, yet some of them are fully capable of producing quality content for a good value.

I'm tired of people stroking TN's dick for fixing things that shouldn't have been problems in the first place. They finally added barely functional lobbies a month and a half after release, they're so generous! They are adding half-assed reused intro and outro poses at a snail's pace, some of which still use their old English voiceovers because they were too lazy to re-record the lines, OMG FREE CONTENT :D. They fixed the currency system so we can actually unlock costumes, GALAXY BRAIN GAME DESIGN. We shouldn't be praising TN so much for fixing problems that they created.

So in conclusion criticizing something like shitty, half-assed censorship textures IS NOT nit-picky. Everything decision TN represents their company and their values, and they should be held accountable to that. This decision shows that they are flip-flopping on their game philosophy of sexiness vs. broad appeal. This decision shows that they don't give a shit about how their game looks and are OK with pushing out ugly looking textures instead of taking the time to do a decent job. This decision shows that they DO. NOT. CARE.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Someone's feeling a little burnt.

What I'm feeling is a little tired of people pointing at others and thinking only they are true fans and everyone else should shut up.

How is it false when we have seen them change R.Mika's camera angle and arm placement during her Critical Art? I was there watching all of the trailers because I was interested in SFV. I know what I'm talking about because on top of that Juri is my favorite character of the lineup and I looked up as much as I can on her.

Because this censorship looks even worse than Juri's censorship. Every costume has the same textures and materials, they didn't even bothered changing colours.

This is one of the worst looking "edits" I have seen. The first time I saw this I thought this was a joke made for some random troll in reddit.

People was disappointed, yes but they ultimately moved on or wished there was a toggle option.

People still laugh at SF V censorship even if they know Capcom gives a shit about it.

But if Koei turn on this option in tournaments people won't only laugh at censorship, they will algo laugh at this game visuals and that is what can damage this game.

These are some terrible comebacks dude...

What comeback?

Just imagine being new to the franchise and watching a tournament with that. I could only laugh at how bad it looks and I would ask to someone if it's some kind of visual bug.

That's a goddamned lie and you know it! SFV was literally rushed out of release to capitalize on being in the Capcom Cup as it was beginning to start, every and their mother figured that out and the game was built on cashing into the E-Sports fame, they even said so.
And they practically do censor their costumes when it comes to not even having them be put up when it comes to stream time despite them selling them just like DOA does. You are arguing over the fact that the option even exists and that's just insane to me.

They didn't know so many people would whine about female costumes but Shimbori knew it and that's why they designed new default costumes for several female characters.

I'm not complaning about the option to limit sexyness in e-sport mode (even if I don't agree with it), I'm complaining about how fucking bad this looks when they already have e-sports seal of approval costumes as defaults. They could just limit e-sport mode to these costumes and the game wouldn't look this levels of bad.

No shit, did you even miss the fact that I was saying how bad it is and that they should do better?

Okay? So it will basically be like how people will act when females aren't being played on the stream... and 2-3 extra snowflakes that complain that the option even exists.

Will be another way to troll the game and it will also confuse new people that will think the game actually looks like that.

And there it is, the core of your entire argument. How about you stop wasting my and other's time with this nonsense and just leave for Venus Vacation or DOA5LR then like Brute does?

I already stated my core problem, this is just another disappointment in how they are dealing with this.

TheTHCGamer

*INCOMING RANT*

All the poor decisions from TN over the last few months have compounded the negativity and feelings of anger fans of the series are expressing. If KT had been hitting home runs and knocking shit out of the park for the last few weeks I'm sure people wouldn't get as worked up over this. As it is now this option is just icing on the cake and shows how lazy and flip-floppy the devs and/or publisher are.

I'm tired of the PR for this game waffling back and forth between staying true to the original fans with fan-service and sexiness and being a serious, mature eSport. If you went through the effort of making slutty outfits in the first place, why are you ashamed to have them be displayed? Go one way or another I don't care but pick a damn side and stick with it.

People are upset over the lack of content for a fully priced $60 game. Mortal Kombat 11 cost the same as DOA6 on release, we pay the exact same amount of money for a fighting game and get far less and we're supposed to just be chill with it? "Think of the poor starving TN devs with no budget", I would think of them more if I wasn't being charged premium price. $60 for one intro and one outro. $60 for a barebones two hour story mode. $60 and I can't play with my friends until well after a month after release.

I haven't even gone into the awful value of the deluxe edition ($20 for one costume pack and a character) and the season pass. 92 fucking dollars for two characters and two costume packs, it's fucking mind boggling how people can defend it as a good value. You could buy the entire game 1 and a half times with 20 something characters for that much money, that alone should show you that the value to cost ratio is terrible. The season pass being $30 would already be pushing it, $92 is a slap in the face. Oh but we're being too negative, we're being nitpicky, god forbid we actually want to get some value out of spending nearly a hundred bucks on a video game DLC.

I'm tired of people falling over themselves to make up excuses for every single failure associated with this game. I get that sometimes things are out of the developer's control, but it's seriously starting to drive me nuts how far people will go to defend shitty quality and poor decisions. I've got a wheel of fortune with all the buzzwords that people are using to defend some of this stuff. "Shitty publisher" "Time constraints" "Language Barrier" "Low budget" "Shifting Priorities" "Game dev is hard" There are hundreds of game companies that deal with combinations of these same issues, yet some of them are fully capable of producing quality content for a good value.

I'm tired of people stroking TN's dick for fixing things that shouldn't have been problems in the first place. They finally added barely functional lobbies a month and a half after release, they're so generous! They are adding half-assed reused intro and outro poses at a snail's pace, some of which still use their old English voiceovers because they were too lazy to re-record the lines, OMG FREE CONTENT :D. They fixed the currency system so we can actually unlock costumes, GALAXY BRAIN GAME DESIGN. We shouldn't be praising TN so much for fixing problems that they created.

So in conclusion criticizing something like shitty, half-assed censorship textures IS NOT nit-picky. Everything decision TN represents their company and their values, and they should be held accountable to that. This decision shows that they are flip-flopping on their game philosophy of sexiness vs. broad appeal. This decision shows that they don't give a shit about how their game looks and are OK with pushing out ugly looking textures instead of taking the time to do a decent job. This decision shows that they DO. NOT. CARE.
By all means if you want to continue bitching about the past over and over be my guest. They made mistakes and yes they need to be held accountable.

That being said some of you can whine about the same damn things till nauseam. New fans looking for some actual positivity are going to come to these forums and think to themselves wow even this community hates this franchise.

If I was new to DoA and came here wanting to enjoy discussing the game this place would just make me hate the franchise. I'd be under the impression that TN are RIP off artists and that even there own community hates them.

Like seriously you guys are acting as if no game has launched with issues before. Look how bad SFV was at launch and eventually things were much better in season 2.

Instead of being optimistic some of you would rather take any negative little thing and use it to bring up EVERY little thing that has gone wrong. I was super pissed when the lobbies were delayed last minute but I got over it.

Some of you can really hold onto the negative to the point where all you post is negative comments. If I was that upset or felt that betrayed I would've just moved on. Instead it seems some people here feel that all of us enjoy constant bitching about same shit.

EVERYBODY KNOWS THE ISSUES THIS GAME HAS HAD SINCE IT LAUNCHED. We don't need it to be constantly repeated like some damn parrot. I find it hilarious that the cool trend right now is to shit on this game.

If I felt betrayed by a game I would say my piece and then move on. I would not take the opportunity to keep complaining about the same game. So consider this instead of constantly being negative maybe it's time you move on.

Yes I know it's cool to hate on this game right now but maybe just maybe some people still enjoy the game regardless of its current flaws. It's fine to hate this game but what I dont get is why the constant bitching here?

FSD should be the one place you go to get away from haters and trolls. Instead this place has just as many if not more then any other site that features DoA6.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD