DOA5U Official Tier List

LabrysXII

Interesting to know that my main is in D-Tier....This definitely lets me know how much work I need to put in, to get results with Kokoro.

lotr9690

I know I've said this before but I see tier lists as "just for fun." I definitely don't take them into too much consideration. I don't understand why people take them too seriously, even in tournaments. I know they attempt to indicate match ups but matches are seldom ideal enough to indicate even that. Just my thought. It's nice to see Helena on B tier though. Cool post!

Splendidsafe

Tier lists are nice references, yet should not determine who one plays with. Any good "low tier" character can wreck a "high tier" character with good character knowledge. For example, sometimes when I play Colver he wrecks my shit with Eliot. Now I normally have no trouble with Eliot. But his Eliot is really well paced. Likewise, I normally have no problem playing an aggressive Ein/P4 despite their apparent "keep-away styles". This list is, in my opinion, flawed. No way in hell should Rig be that close to the "C" tier. A good Rig can control the entire flow of the match with a few good cancels. Rig's momentum is insanely good.

tl;dr Tiers are cute, but it's about mindset/frame knowledge.

Last edited:

Pictured Mind

The problem with this list (and tier lists in general) is that people don't really know what they're talking about. I may sound a bit like an asshole for saying that but hear me out.

People believe whatever they're told. For example Eliot is somehow the worst character in the game (by far on this list, while for some reason Phase 4 is two tiers higher, maybe it's just me) so people automatically think Eliot sucks. The DOA community has actually convinced itself that Eliot is terrible.

Also, the tier list should not even have been revealed in this state. I'm confuzzled as fuck by a lot of characters and so is everyone else. Not to mention this is never gonna work when everyone is saying "*character* should not be in this tier." If you don't have any solid arguments concerning a certain character and their place on the list, no one is gonna listen.

I definitely like the idea of a tier list in DOA and like where this is going, I hope it gets finished soon.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
The problem with this list (and tier lists in general) is that people don't really know what they're talking about. I may sound a bit like an asshole for saying that but hear me out.

People believe whatever they're told. For example Eliot is somehow the worst character in the game (by far on this list, while for some reason Phase 4 is two tiers higher, maybe it's just me) so people automatically think Eliot sucks. The DOA community has actually convinced itself that Eliot is terrible.

Because most here don't actually study the game, lol.

Last edited:

KING

This tier list is some what incorrect, Chrisite and Genfu should both be S rank. Helena should be A rank, Jann Lee and Hitomi should both be B rank. And Ein should be E rank. And Jacky is not on the same level as Akira and Sarah so he should definitely be C or D rank. This tier list needs to be revised ASAP.

Tempest

Because most here don't actually study the game, lol. Most just want to be content doing auto-pilot Critical Burst combos. Also doesn't help that majority are only casual players and don't care to move the game and community forward.

They rather make repetitive FSD statuses for attention.
Well a lot of them online warriors where you can get away with playing the game like that. We all have to push to make the offline scene bigger.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Well a lot of them online warriors where you can get away with playing the game like that. We all have to push to make the offline scene bigger.

There has been several pushes and lots of encouragement throughout the year about offline play, however there are several here that have chosen NOT to, for insignificant reasons. They want recognition but don't want to do anything to earn it or move the community toward more positive limelight. And trust me when I say I can name quite a few people.

But that's an entirely different subject not exactly related to this thread.

UncleBiscuits79

I actually agree with getting a bigger offline scene. I may be a little off topic, but I live in the midwest (specifically in the Chicagoland area), and I wonder why there are no tournaments held anywhere in the midwest. I would like to go to a tournament, but seems like they are always either in california or in texas somewhere (please let me know if I am wrong on this).

I for one would definitely like to get more into the offline scene, but would like to know of a resource for local tournaments in the midwest. Is there any resources that FSD can recommend??

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I actually agree with getting a bigger offline scene. I may be a little off topic, but I live in the midwest (specifically in the Chicagoland area), and I wonder why there are no tournaments held anywhere in the midwest. I would like to go to a tournament, but seems like they are always either in california or in texas somewhere (please let me know if I am wrong on this).

I for one would definitely like to get more into the offline scene, but would like to know of a resource for local tournaments in the midwest. Is there any resources that FSD can recommend??

There is a thread here for Illinois. I would definitely recommend trying to get in contact with Hoodless and @Radiance about offline play.

just_me

Standard Donor
I honestly don't know why so many people complain that the community tierlist is inaccurate/character X should be in tier Y etc.

... if you are not happy with the result look at the spreadsheet, identify the matchups you don't agree with and submit some data... this list is just as good as the data it's derived from and with like 50% default/blank entries it's fairly likely that this list does not properly model "the truth" (whatever that is)

Tho it would be easier if matchups that are not discussed are easier to identify e.g. a filled 5-5 looks different than a default one. Plus some extra fluff like a comment/discussion history on each matchup, an anonymous vote pool that has partial influence on the matchup ... but I'm lazy and loath php lol

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I honestly don't know why so many people complain that the community tierlist is inaccurate/character X should be in tier Y etc.

it was the 'in progress" community tier lis.t its the equivalent of one member of a group project turning in your work and saying 'done'. i think the wording more than anything s what is upsetting people.

and in relation to low tiers vs high tiers

yes it's quite possible.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD