Okay, i'm getting pissed off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whamwham

I've said what is necessary to help this man become competitive on a competitive website dedicated to competitive play. If he can't adapt to public standards he is going to have greater problems in the future. There is no kinder way of saying what I had to say that wouldn't have been flatly ignored. In fact, it will probably still be ignored, but at least this way he has a chance of understanding the depth of the problem.

Because that's exactly what he needed. An advice to make him competitive when he said he wanted to be competitive. Good advising there.

As for how you feel about me, what can I tell you?

I don't feel anything for you personally. Should I say I love you or hate you? What can I tell you?

If you ask me, a whole bunch of you have come out of nowhere and attempted to undermine my intentions, put words in my mouth, and accuse me of things I have not done. If anyone is being rude here, I would think it is you.

Oops, you forgot your jail free card. That's right keep blaming everyone for that nice attitude of yours. We all love the scapegoat and finger pointing game.

And yes I came out of no where just to comment.

DR2K

And I'm in awe of how people gang up on someone. Like Stikku. Yes, I'm bringing him up, because he's taking so much shit here.

He's admitted to never having played DOA5 and is trolling for responses. That's the attention he wants.

A lot of you arep utting your hearts on your sleeves with some of these posts and getting hurt by the silliest of things.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm sorry everyone, this is my fault. If anyone, I'm the one who was being rude.

I'm the one who brought this subject up earlier today about condescending posts and intimidation without the intention of name-dropping, but Julius Rage twisted my own words around. Maybe I shouldn't have spoken up.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Because that's exactly what he needed. An advice to make him competitive when he said he wanted to be competitive. Good advising there.

This is a competitive website. If you don't seek to be competitive, you have no real reason to be here. Despite that, his problems extend beyond that -- even as someone who is playing casually he is going to run into his problem.

I don't feel anything for you personally. Should I say I love you or hate you? What can I tell you?

Tell me I'm a beautiful young man.

Oops, you forgot your jail free card. That's right keep blaming everyone for that nice attitude of yours. We all love the scapegoat and finger pointing game.

And yes I came out of no where just to comment.

Apparently you did.

Virtua Mima

He's admitted to never having played DOA5 and is trolling for responses. That's the attention he wants.

A lot of you arep utting your hearts on your sleeves with some of these posts and getting hurt by the silliest of things.
I'm not hurt, i just don't like foul play when i see it. And it's a DEAD OR ALIVE ONLINE COMMUNITY! I mean of ALL the freaking websites/fanclubs...

And no Awesmic this is SO not your fault lol : )

And by the way Rikuto I don't think you're in a position to play the victim here and i mean no offense im just saying, if a lot of people agree that you're being condescending, then MAYBE it's right. Maybe.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You have to admit you're good at hiding the viciousness in your comments, Rikuto... You know your replys weren't innocent come on.

You are truly convinced I am the devil, aren't you?

As constructive as they were.
And you were nice here, I've seen you be a little bit harsher.

I can be terrible if you give me enough reason to be. That's why I keep asking for quotes and context. It seems like your idea of rude is much different than mine though.

And I'm in awe of how people gang up on someone. Like Stikku. Yes, I'm bringing him up, because he's taking so much shit here.

That's because Stikku is a known troll. Nothing he says has any consistency or logic to it. His only purpose is to try and anger people and move the community/game backwards. Even Team Ninja has him on ignore. He gets hostile responses, because he is a hostile person.

whamwham

This is a competitive website. If you don't seek to be competitive, you have no real reason to be here. Despite that, his problems extend beyond that -- even as someone who is playing casually he is going to run into his problem.

You might as well diagnose him with a mental disease, doctor. If this website is a competitive website, why the fuck are people talking about DLC, Wii-U, what fucking music you're listening to while playing DOA and other craps? Keep it to just talking about frames and tourneys since this IS a competitive site that is only for competitive people to visit, right?

Tell me I'm a beautiful young man.

You're so beautiful~

No matter what you say~

Happy, old man?

Apparently you did.

Apparently I did.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I wish I could help Degalon understand this game better so he won't feel overwhelmed. But I'm just a Christie player still learning the game himself as he goes... that, and I'd probably be laughed at for trying behind closed doors, from hearsay.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
And by the way Rikuto I don't think you're in a position to play the victim here and i mean no offense im just saying, if a lot of people agree that you're being condescending, then MAYBE it's right. Maybe.

That is not a poll you will ever win, dear.

Chris Harris

"You're not getting bored, you're getting pissed because you're not playing.... because you're losing and having to wait for the next match."

"Apparently not, as you are clearly not getting the win as much as you want."

"I honestly and truly believe you are in denial over your own capabilities, and you're using these excuses as a crutch so you don't have to push yourself any further."

If that's not condescending I dont know what is. There are a thousand ways you could've said those things to him. I mean who wouldn't take offense to these things.
And by the way you talking like that gives a platform for people like Raansu to add more crap to it. And if you're not as rude as him you still encourage him and other to join in and bash. Like Drake, who's telling him to "go play another game" seriously?

Those were all the nice versions of anyway he could have said that. He could have chosen to say nothing and let him live in fairy land so we can all play the game in whatever way it is that makes him feel comfortable.

But since we're here and we're defending him. I'm curious if he could even explain to me how we SHOULD be playing the game? How should a "good match" go in DOA5 to him? How would a "good match" happen and has one happened in a tournament that was streamed?

UPSFANBOY420

Players getting bored while winning isnt a complaint that I can understand. The game does have a ranking system and he should play against skilled opponents at some point. If he is still bored while winning, maybe he should go to a tournament and play some good players or just win the tournament lol.

His complaint of "waiting in game" is legitimate. But I think OP has it wrong. Personally, I dont care about getting juggled. I care about grappling characters who are constantly putting you into throws that you are constantly breaking out of. Most of the throw animations seem to be longer than the holds.

whamwham

But since we're here and we're defending him. I'm curious if he could even explain to me how we SHOULD be playing the game? How should a "good match" go in DOA5 to him? How would a "good match" happen and has one happened in a tournament that was streamed?

He just doesn't like repetition as in the same combo and juggles while playing the same person. My guess is that he probably played a scrub that was just button mashing and he's bored from playing against people like that.

"Not I", said Awesmic.

"I am technically insecure, lacking self-confidence, and slightly paranoid."

You were pretty hostile to TFG, but that was legit since he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm not saying everyone is against you you said it yourself. But now you're saying the opposite.... I'm confused.

Clarification: A number of you have come out recently and complained about me. A number not being the majority, but still kind of annoying considering I haven't heard any real justification for it.

Top it off with the fact that when I haven't been proven guilty of saying anything that harsh that wasn't called for, its "implied". Like, now we're supposed to just go on faith that I'm a bad person with venom behind my words.

And no, you are by no means the majority. A slim minority, if that. Thats why you would never win the poll. But it is still silly how many you believe this.

Drake Aldan

And it's a DEAD OR ALIVE ONLINE COMMUNITY! I mean of ALL the freaking websites/fanclubs...
FSD leans on the "competitive" side. It is supposed to be a place where people can go to learn and become better at the game, or meet people who can serve as examples to strive toward.

In these "competitive" places, players generally feel very strongly about the game. They all want to become better, or at the least, defeat their opponents. The only way you can do this is to fix problems, and as such, when people come with problems, there are attempts to "fix" them.

The TC has a problem with the game. It is not entertaining, or it's frustrating, or boring.

This sort of thing can't be dealt with conventionally (unlike a post where someone went, "How do you stop people from holding my attacks?" and someone would reply, "Don't attack, and then throw them when they miss their hold.")

It is a subjective experience. The problem is personal.

The only way to fix this is to either change your reasoning about the game and see it in a different way, so that it will be entertaining- or to stop playing the game altogether.

I certainly did not mean to offend anyone- I am just telling the truth as I see it. Which, in these places, is usually necessary for people to improve.

Rikuto may come off as abrasive to you- but he is just fighting for the truth that he sees. As has been said, the fact that he is saying anything constructive at all implies his concern.

Brute

Standard Donor
There are some condescending jerks here. In fact, there are quite a few. But hell, this is the internet. If there weren't, I'd be understandably surprised. As I say: let dicks be dicks. No amount of complaining will change them.

That said, I don't feel Rikuto has been out of line in this thread at all. He has his views of the game and a "good match," and they're in conflict of the OPs. I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

Back to topic, SilverKhaos: If you think the stun game is boring, why in the world to you play Mila (I'm assuming you do, given your avatar). Keeping stun pressure until the opponent misreads you to go in for her throws is really what her game seems to be about (correct me if I'm mistaken Mila mains). Have you tried playing other characters more?

TakedaZX

@Silver: well... yea... it's sucks that DOA4 has and onslaught of stapled combos and setups now. Usually in 4 you'd see 3 different combos off of each launcher(sometimes they were recycled between launchers but it's total to about 6), for each different kind of situation. Some players still do that, many others don't.

That's not to say that things are overpowered or unbeatable which is why if you're playing the scrub way, or "for fun" as you call it, this isn't the place for you. That's also not to say we want you to leave, you just need to understand the world doesn't work to honor you and play by your rules... like Rikuto's been saying. If they're doing the same thing over and over, you need to adjust yourself so that you can win. YOU need to do the stuns, launches, juggles that net you the most damage, OR put you in the best situation for your next move OR 50/50 situation that could possibly put you in another situation for MORE damage. Only then will you start racking in more wins than you apparently are.

You can be an online warrior, there's no doubt in that as Lopedo had already proven, but remember, at least(AT LEAST)25% of it is the netcode(which is better than it was), and the natural distance lag, as well as a vast amount of new players coming on to the scene. Online is a place to learn, and practice but not a place to call yourself a great player.

On the Rikuto subject, I know some of you guys can't handle his "bullying"(pseudo aggressive comments, pseudo in the sense of at first glance they seem aggressive but really he's just not babying the person. There's still supportive things being said), but like he stated, there's no other way to say it without Silver making more excuses for himself losing.

I use to be a scrub. I'm sure most of us did at some point. Things get hard. So what? Grow up and put on your big boy pants. Take a trip to the lab and learn what options you have against the problematic setups, or shut your mouth and figure it out in the moment, sometimes there's no other option.

inb4 everything said above has been reused and recycled over and over, we'll keep saying it over and over because this is the reality: In the real world boy and girls,it's dog eat dog, and no one will be honorable, fair, or care about what you THINK is honorable and fair. Once you learn that... it all falls into place, not just in gaming but in everything. Take what's given, and take what's held away from you.

Virtua Mima

Those were all the nice versions of anyway he could have said that. He could have chosen to say nothing and let him live in fairy land so we can all play the game in whatever way it is that makes him feel comfortable.

I know, I didn't snap only because of what Rikuto said in this post but he replied to me so i tried to point out what he said that was wrong. And you can dance around his comments all day what matters is that they offended the OP. Plus i was more concerned with everyone ganging up on him and Raansu's comments this wasnt even about Rikuto that much.

Clarification: A number of you have come out recently and complained about me. A number not being the majority, but still kind of annoying considering I haven't heard any real justification for it.

Top it off with the fact that when I haven't been proven guilty of saying anything that harsh that wasn't called for, its "implied". Like, now we're supposed to just go on faith that I'm a bad person with venom behind my words.

And no, you are by no means the majority. A slim minority, if that. Thats why you would never win the poll. But it is still silly how many you believe this.

Look. I have no clue who all those people were, i posted here because I saw how rude Raansu was and how all of you were ganging up on him. I wasn't making this about YOU personally, but you felt targeted by what I had to say and went and commented on my status. I wasn't thinking how you were so evil, you did have a disagreement in another topic we were involved with last week in which you spoke harsher but still if you felt targeted by what i said that's not my fault. I'm not trying to point the finger at you you have the wrong idea.

FSD leans on the "competitive" side. It is supposed to be a place where people can go to learn and become better at the game, or meet people who can serve as examples to strive toward.

In these "competitive" places, players generally feel very strongly about the game. They all want to become better, or at the least, defeat their opponents. The only way you can do this is to fix problems, and as such, when people come with problems, there are attempts to "fix" them.

It does lean more on the competitive side, I still don't see why competitive = rude and condescending.

CrimsonCJ

This is true, and insofar as this post is about current in-game frustrations as a whole it is more than enough said. But in the broader context where everyone is suggesting changes for the game, and everyone has a vision of what the game should be, the kind of "well, it's not what is so get over it" mentality is actually a bit hypocritical.

And "it could be worse" is not a justification for what is, either.

That said... not really sure exactly what the OP was supposed to bring to the surface either. "I'm annoyed!" isn't the best way of actually talking about an issue in pretty much any context. So there's that.

To answer the post; find likeminded players? Look for specific connections. Don't play in ranked, because that will just get the kitchen sink, and it sounds like you don't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD