DOA6 PC System Requirements for DOA6

We are only days away from the release of DOA6 for consoles and PC!

With the game almost out, Koei Tecmo has added the recommended specs for this game. Here are the system requirements that you'll need to know:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or over
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 11 or over
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 8700 or over
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 50 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX 11 or over
Source: Steam

What do you think of the current requirements of DOA6 and what are you using to run on it? Laptop? Desktop? Sound off in the comments below!

So...

GTX 1050 TI 4GB.
Core i7 7700HQ.
8GB RAM.

The game doesn't run well for me, i have to put on 720p or 768p for consistent 60fps, and not even that, night DOA colosseum for some reason still runs bad at those settings.

I'm trying to find what is the reason for the game running so bad on my machine.

Question is how is the online on Steam? For Doa5U, it wasn't a question of whether the online was a ghost town (due to various issues), but whether the ghost town was it's online.

The nearly $100 season pass was the thing that made me take a step back. I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't the pass with the game. I'm in the wrong line of work.

Last edited:
Question is how is the online on Steam? For Doa5U, it wasn't a question of whether the online was a ghost town (due to various issues), but whether the ghost town was it's online.

Depends on what you expect from the online mode. 5's was a ghost town because you could not even play or spare together with friend due to missing lobby mode. Which is said to be added to the end of the month to doa6.

In terms of what online "quality" (lag spikes, etc ...) goes, that mostly depends on who you fight against and how good his connection is.

The nearly $100 season pass was the thing that made me take a step back. I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't the pass with the game. I'm in the wrong line of work.
For online, I have no problems so far. It’s all on who you fight and their connection. Be sure to avoid wifi players, because that’s where matches are horribly laggy. Straight bars = Ethernet/wired; Curved bars = Wifi.

So...

GTX 1050 TI 4GB.
Core i7 7700HQ.
8GB RAM.

The game doesn't run well for me, i have to put on 720p or 768p for consistent 60fps, and not even that, night DOA colosseum for some reason still runs bad at those settings.

I'm trying to find what is the reason for the game running so bad on my machine.

The reason is because you're on a laptop.

That doesn't make sense considering i've been able to run more demanding games at 1080p just fine.

It makes plenty of sense given that right now DoA is showing to be more cpu dependent than gpu dependent and the 7700hq is a really bad processor. It doesn't help either that you're running a 4gb mobile GPU.

Also given that the game seems to be eating up a single core to 100%, you're probably being thermal throttled making it worse.

For a fighting game with those visuals / graphics I'd say the requirements are quite demanding. Let's be honest, the game looks a little bit better than DOA5 and that's it.

In FGs the polygonal count is not THAT great, the AI processes aren't super demanding, the environments aren't open worlds, etc. My point is that this kind of game rarely demands a powerful CPU. With an enough powerful single thread it should be ok. These genre needs more GPU than CPU. Asking for minimum an Intel i5 which is 4 Cores / 4 threads seems like they're just hiding poor optimization. Some devs and publishers tend to do so.

Soul Calibur VI or Tekken 7 can be run at 1080p ultra preset at 60fps all times (a must in FGs, mind you) with a modest setup like Intel G4560 (it's a friggin dual core pentium with 4 threads), 8GB Ram, GTX 960 / GTX 1050ti / RX 570. I even dare to say those games look technically on par or even better than DOA6 in some aspects.
They were hidding poor optimisation for sure. But recommended specs are all over the place, so I don't care much. I only played today, so I don't know if it's patched already, but my i7-4790k is handling it very well.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for stuff like that but I post it here since there is no general one for doa6 on PC.

Be aware when using geforce experience shadowplay/video evidence on PC with the steam version. It requires desktop capturing activated to save recordings as the game is running in windowed (pseudo) fullscreen, even if "fullscreen" is set in the settings. I actually dont see any difference between "borderless" and "fullscreen" at all. This might also be the reason why it does not run as smooth as other games would, which are using "real" fullscreen.

Hi everyone. I'm considering buying a used PC to try DOA6 there. Can someone provide any feedback on the below to help me to choose the best option?

a) DESKTOP: i3 (7ª GEN) 3.9ghz, Gigabyte GeForce 1060Oc 3Gb, 16Gb RAM, MSI motherboard
b) DESKTOP: i7 4790 3.6ghz, MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3Gb ddr5, 12GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte motherboard
c) DESKTOP: i7 2600K 3.6/4.4ghz, GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 3 GB, 8GB RAM DDR3
d) LAPTOP: i7 7700HQ 2.8ghz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 32 RAM.

It would be great if someone sorts the options from best to worst!

They all have the same price (400 EUR).

I would say option "d" sounds more interesting because I could carry the PC more easily with me in case of meeting with friends. However, I've heard that laptops might not perform well when running games.

Thx a lot in advance! Cheers!

Don't know if this helps but these are my specs and all my fighting games run fine but my PC was custom made and wasn't used:

GPU: GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.85 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD