Petition for a better netcode?

XxNoriakixX

I know it is a bit too late but now that there is like only one person left in Germany who plays this game, wouldn't it be great to get a patch for a better netcode just like the one MKX got ? It is sad to be unable to play against other people and that the best fighting games always suffer in this area. Is there a way to convince Team Ninja that they could spend the earned money from all the DLC on important things like that?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Whatever resources they put into the PC netcode they need to bring to console, but then again PC only has ranked matches and no lobbies so that could be the trade off.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I've been on online for a while and as a UK player I don't find lots of other players. On some occasions Spanish players set up a room, but I haven't seen a lot of other EU players. Most players are from east asia or US.

Also, the online in this game is pretty average leaning to bad. I've had better experience with KOFXIV.

XxNoriakixX

Reminds me of KoF 13 where the console payers were complaining and in the end snk made a really good netcode but only for pc lol.. Team Ninja already spent time with the netcode for the steam release so they could at least do us a favor too. I think the consoles still have a greater player base in terms of fighting games.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Whatever resources they put into the PC netcode they need to bring to console, but then again PC only has ranked matches and no lobbies so that could be the trade off.

PC simply has the potential to have better specs than the console. For example, one of the Battlefield games is purposely made slower on the console to play via online because the console hardware caused errors to fully run it within the net. It's understandable as to why. Either you have one that's full frames per second via the net with a tons of issues and disconnects while using higher bandwidth, or the one where it's ran much slower with the least amount of errors but the most playable without killing the mood to continue playing.

PC doesn't have this big problem because it's PC master race really. Can't say for DOA, but if people are saying the PC version is better from the latency, I can believe them.

WAZAAAAA

Where's the petition to get more players to use wired connections?
^ this right here is probably the reason that makes everyone say "PC has better netcode": the amount of console Wi-Fi players may be higher. For those unaware, wired > Wi-Fi.

Now that DOA5LR on Steam is free, can anyone do some better test to compare them? Try fighting the same opponent on the same monitor with a wired internet connection for both PC and console (and why not, same characters too), and then post your feedback here. I would do it myself but I don't own consoles.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
^ this right here is probably the reason that makes everyone say "PC has better netcode": the amount of console Wi-Fi players may be higher. For those unaware, wired > Wi-Fi.

Now that DOA5LR on Steam is free, can anyone do some better test to compare them? Try fighting the same opponent on the same monitor with a wired internet connection for both PC and console, and then post your feedback here. I would do it myself but I don't own consoles.

Even with wired, connections isn't particularly stable via console. The amount of players is vastly large with Wi-fi, but there are quite a few players who are wired and there is still particular slow downs. Not bad slow downs, but enough to notice that there is.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Plus certain people like me who don't have direct wired access to the router can't use that method, and even with PC there's lots of players who use wifi since it can be an inconvenience for people to have to wire a connection to a computer that is portable unless it's desktop.

XxNoriakixX

I made this thread like 2 years ago

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-buff-the-netcode-thread.4917/

In a way they did answer. The netcode on PC is amazing. The rest of the game admittedly kinda ass.

Sorry i did not see that post but what kind of answer is that ? "The consoles have bad netcode so let's buff the pc version which maybe 50 people own kek".

Sure it requires work but when they are working on a patch then they should do it for all platforms

Giannola

Even with wired, connections isn't particularly stable via console. The amount of players is vastly large with Wi-fi, but there are quite a few players who are wired and there is still particular slow downs. Not bad slow downs, but enough to notice that there is.
Wired can make a huge difference. I've faught you online, we live in the same city. both of us using a wire, and the connection was quite good.

We could test it on wifi to see the difference. I've faught ppl in nyc who use a wire and it's a [5] but as soon as you wifi it up it becomes<3> but thats my experience

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wired can make a huge difference. I've faught you online, we live in the same city. both of us using a wire, and the connection was quite good.

We could test it on wifi to see the difference. I've faught ppl in nyc who use a wire and it's a [5] but as soon as you wifi it up it becomes<3> but thats my experience

There is still minor delay even if the connection is perfect with wired, which is why most players simply prefer to play it outside the net. It's basically a forced setup to play with someone via versus within the net itself, compared to the standard versus mode where no connection is involved and no buffering timings for early clicks.

What everyone is asking for is clean connection-wise (literally clean and hardly any motion movement slow delays in animation, basically what closely resembles that of an offline game in comparison) which is nearly impossible for DOA5LR in itself considering that DOA is a high graphical game. However the slower movement within the net (everything is just roughly slower, not by much but it's there) makes the game at least playable for people.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I believe the "PC has better netcode" sentiment to be a placebo effect. They feel the same to me, having quite smooth connections with people nearby who have fast internet and then chugging against everyone else with quality correlating to the previous two variables mentioned.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I can tell you that for me it is not a placebo effect. PS4/PS3 is more or less unplayable for me as my inputs come out way later than I need them. I don't have a lot of people around me who have fast internet. I can play people farther away with better connections on steam.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I wouldn't say the console version is unplayable, better to play than not to play at all, but after playing with @splslick PC steam version awhile back, it makes me feel sorry for the console versions. Maybe someday I'll consider digging into the PC version but only havng ranked seems to draw me away and only pushing me forward to just mod what's in it.

XxNoriakixX

I would gladly pay another 40-50 dollars/euro to be able to play this game online. I played doa4 until 2013 or so and even when the game was dying it had a better netcode..

XxNoriakixX

Maybe we should continue to pester them on social media.. Tweetet them like the guys from the thread 2 years ago.

The only thing people could do is to boycott all that dlc crap but these ryona..rynoa ? creeps will always buy every costume so we really need to get together and fight (see what i did there) for our game.. I can't play 2D fighters anymore after having so much fun with DoA, Tekken and VF

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD