Media Photo sharing thread

David Gregg

Looking at some of these close ups makes you really appreciate all the work they put into those character models. No cutting corners in that department. ;)

KwonJigglypuff

Looking at some of these close ups makes you really appreciate all the work they put into those character models. No cutting corners in that department. ;)

Exactly my thought.
And since their character model is already good, I hope they will focus more on the rest in DOA6 (hair physics, cloth textures, nice stages, etc.).

Naked on Mondays : the quality of your photos is really impressive. Even with Helena (which is hard to use as a model, because sometimes her ponytail just ruins the photo), you got amazing screenshots.
Can you do more of Helena's in her school uniform ? (if you plan to purchase it.. if not, in her red opera coattail/ponytail). Hope you don't mind this request. :)

Helena's ponytail hard to work with? I have no idea what you are talking about.
Helena.jpg

I don't mind requests and am happy to do it for you. Give me a day or two and I will have some for you. Almost all of my photos exist because of requests, hence why there are more photos of the females then the males in my gallery. I don't get a lot of request for the males for some odd reason.

I don't have any of the DOA5U DLC outside of the pre-order bonus and am not planing to get any at least not right away. The DLC is an endless money pit and it has eaten too much of my money as it is.

Just in case anyone is curious as to how I make the high resolution photos here is how to do it.

First you go into spectator mode or now in DOA5U movie mode and line up a good shot. Once you have have a good shot you zoom the camera in nice and close and begin talking pictures using a capture-card and FRAPS. Technically you could do it with the in game save option and upload to facebook but it would take a very long time to do it. After each picture you will pan the camera over a bit and take another pic but make sure the two pictures overlap so the picture will compile correctly.
Now that you have taken a bunch of close up pictures, about 15 to 30 throw them into the image compiler of your choice to make one large picture. I personally use Microsoft ICE to do the job.

Finally open the combined picture up with an image editing program and crop the edges and done. The whole process should only take a few minutes and is surprisingly easy to do.

One final thing. If anyone needs DOA game images for any project just think of my gallery as a completely open and free resource. If there is any image you like and want to use just take it and use it, no need to even ask or give credit.

Naked on Mondays, are there any free image compiling programs?

Microsoft ICE is free and is what I use. Photoshop CS2 and newer can also compile images and there are other free programs you will find if you search Google.
An image compiler and a panoramic image maker are the same thing.

But like I said Microsoft ICE is what I use and it works perfectly ninety nine percent of the time and the few times it fails to compile an image correctly, it still creates something wonderful.
Amazing.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Haha, it's a Picasso! :D

Funny thing is, I do have Photoshop CS2, but failed to notice an image compiling function so far...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
distorted.jpg

It didn't work... :( Somehow the view got completely distorted. Even though I made sure, not to move the camera angle. I just waisted 15 minutes on that, haha. XD

It didn't work... :( Somehow the view got completely distorted. Even though I made sure, not to move the camera angle. I just waisted 15 minutes on that, haha. XD

Failure is never a waste of time. You can always learn more from failure than anything else in life. What happened was it compiled the picture correctly but it messed up the orientation. I have had that happen a few times, mainly on tall skinny photos like the one you tried to make. The good news is in Microsoft ICE there is a button at the top and to the right of the tools that looks like a cube. That is the orientation settings, if that every happens to you again press that button and you can correct it very easily.

It might have been CS3 when they added the compiling feature. Either way, it is located under File>Automate>Photomerge.

Here are some pictures of Helena in her red opera coat as requested. Unfortunately there is no amazing shot in the group but there are some decent ones.
RedCoat (7).jpg
RedCoat (5).jpg
RedCoat (3).jpg
RedCoat (6).jpg
RedCoat (1).jpg
RedCoat (2).jpg
RedCoat (8).jpg
RedCoat (9).jpg
RedCoat (10).jpg
RedCoat (11).jpg
RedCoat (12).jpg
RedCoat (13).jpg

KwonJigglypuff

synce

u5new1-1_zps017fde72.jpg~original
u5new1-2_zps4663bb60.jpg~original
u5new1-3_zpsd67d72ef.jpg~original
u5new1-4_zps7fd74098.jpg~original

And this last one is technically not a photo but if you ever wondered what Zack looks like without glasses here you go (click for full size, kinda nsfw)

happyzack-crop.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD