Pokemon thread

AsheMann21

I want to learn Pokemon.
Sure. Firstly, are you a boy or a girl? :V

Ok jokes aside, just master type weaknesses and you are set. They'll teach everything else in game.

tumblr_msynp26edN1r8sc3ro1_500.jpg

Chapstick

You also have to memorize types of the pokemon with many being dual-types. As with type weaknesses, there are some types that make no sense. I've never owned a Jirachi and had no idea it was a steel type until last year lol

Jirachi_XY.gif
(btw if anyone has one and is willing to trade hmu)

There's an upcoming event pokemon that's both fire and water.

Chapstick

Seems the street date has already been broken. Maybe I should try sweet talking the guys at gamestop

AsheMann21

Milotiphile.jpg

So I finally found a shop that sells US Nintendo Eshop cards yay. Bought a year's worth pass for Pokemon Bank and I transferred this beauty <3

I have to admit, I felt sentimental just by transporting these creatures to next gen. It's one of those weird charms the Pokemon series has on me.

Seems the street date has already been broken. Maybe I should try sweet talking the guys at gamestop

I tried asking the shop lady if they have ORAS early. She looked puzzled and proceeded to offer me some 3DS games and PS4 controller stickers.

I'll just wait like everybody else now...

Last edited:

AsheMann21

I didn't have time to import all of Pokemon and I still haven't finished Black 2. The slightly outdated mechanics and UI is pushing me behind schedule.

Chapstick

It's pretty cool how in 2014 I can play with my Kyogre I caught back in 2003 in 3D. I can even play double battles with both my one caught in the original sapphire and the one I'm going to catch in alpha sapphire... *wipes tear from eye*

NightAntilli

Reviews for Pokemon ORAS are good. Guess I'll have to pick it up. Not that I wouldn't lol.

I wonder if Steel type is still overpowered...

AsheMann21

Reviews for Pokemon ORAS are good. Guess I'll have to pick it up. Not that I wouldn't lol.

I wonder if Steel type is still overpowered...
I think it's more balanced now. You have to be careful with those that are Steel/Psychic (Metagross) or Steel/Ghost (Aegislash) since Steel is no longer resistant Dark and Ghost moves. A pure Steel type pokemon is by far the most defensive type-wise.

NightAntilli

Oh that's a great change. I love my Dark pokemon xD

Just found out that the games are not out in europe until next week >_< since my 3DS is from europe, I have to wait an additional week, even though I don't live there anymore. I hate Nintendo's region lock BS.

Chapstick

tumblr_nfu4l0UTDK1rje51ao1_500.jpg
tumblr_inline_nfu4rmKcad1rz2mye.jpg

There's a pretty steady supply of shiny Rayquazas being put up on the GTS asking for stuff like Bidoofs, Pidgeots, Mightyenas, easy to get stuff. They gotta be fake or duplicated or something.

Chapstick

I'll never look at shiny Rayquaza the same again ): I think it's people duplicating a bunch and putting them up to fill all the holes in their dex. I was able to complete the pokedex in XY using almost entirely Cherubi I was breeding lol

These people on GTS are hilarious. No matter how many times and no matter how many ways they write "PLEASE!!!!" in the memo line it's not going to change the fact you can't trade event pokemon.

Edit- the pokedex mini sprite completion thing is pretty cool

tumblr_nfu6trse3w1rje51ao1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

I recently finished the first part of Alpha Sapphire and I really, really enjoyed it. When I get a good spot for secret bases I shall share mine here.

Kind of a bummer you can't post Pokèmon screens on Miiverse :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD