Pokemon thread

Sotherius

Ice/Steel is a nice combination. I'll be looking to trade an alolan Vulpix for an alolan Sandshrew as soon as possible after I can play the game.
4x weakness to fighting.
4x weakness to fire (if i recall correctly).
2x weakness to ground.

DOesn't sound like a good type...

NightAntilli

4x weakness to fighting.
4x weakness to fire (if i recall correctly).
2x weakness to ground.

DOesn't sound like a good type...
Well yeah... Its weaknesses are extensive, but it's also resistant to Normal, Grass, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Dragon and Fairy, and double resistant to Ice. You can combine it with a Dragon/Flying, Fire/Flying, Fairy/Flying or Water/Flying and you'll have some real solid defense there.

Dragon/Flying is likely the best choice to pair it with.

David Gregg

I successfully got a Pichu last night so I now have Litten and Pichu trading levels back and forth. I've only played about a half hour so far but the game is solid.

I don't know how to level Pichu up. I've looked around the internet but the explanation really doesn't make sense.

And I agree the game is great!

Chapstick

So did GSC compared to RBY, but you could trade between them.
It's a bit different now though I think and probably more complicated. I imagine RBY and GSC were very similar coding-wise and all that.
I don't know how to level Pichu up. I've looked around the internet but the explanation really doesn't make sense.

And I agree the game is great!
You get the exp share like instantly in this game so just have it turned on (which is the default) with Pichu in your party. Or if you don't want to do that put Pichu in your first party slot and as soon as the battle starts switch out to one that can beat the opponent and Pichu will get some of the exp.

Sotherius

Well yeah... Its weaknesses are extensive, but it's also resistant to Normal, Grass, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Dragon and Fairy, and double resistant to Ice. You can combine it with a Dragon/Flying, Fire/Flying, Fairy/Flying or Water/Flying and you'll have some real solid defense there.

Dragon/Flying is likely the best choice to pair it with.

Ok, i'm years behind the competitive meta-game, but some weaknesses hurt more than others.

Having a grass weakness or resistance won't matter that much, because offensive grass sweepers aren't common.

But fighting type attackers? Fire type attackers? There is a lot of those lurking around.

Of course, what really matters is the states and the move pool, if the pokemon has solid speed and decent attacks combined with decent attack status, you probably have a decent one.

In some time, if everything is ok, i'll finally get a 2ds, and sun/moon will probably be my first games.

NightAntilli

Yeah ground and fighting are still the most prominent attack types. Fire has reduced a bit due to stealth rocks. Using Ice types is always a risk though, but I still love Ice types... I've been waiting for a generation to make Ice types viable again so that I can rebuild my Ice team. They were viable in generation IV/V, but with weather no longer lasting the whole match, it killed off Ice teams... People were surprised how good my Ice team was in those gens. I guess I was the reason they banned the snow cloak + brightpowder combo, because it made my Glaceon extremely dangerous.

Since my 3DS is european, I have to wait till the 23rd to play Sun >_<

Last edited:

Chapstick

I think I'm gonna have to change my 3DS clock to something that'll give me the sunset at like 3PM because the moon clock isn't working for me lol. Trying to fill my dex all the way but from the time I wake up to the time I fall asleep it's nighttime in my game :/

David Gregg

This is so annoying I'm still trying to evolve Pichu. It's now at level 21. I'm even carrying the soothe bell or whatever the hell that thing is called which is supposed to build "friendship". But every time it levels up and I beg for the d@mn thing to evolve my Sparky says "Nope!".

Edit: thanks for the heads up @Tyaren i did not know that was against the rules.

Also of course right after I post this my Pichu evolved at level 22. XD

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This is so annoying I'm still trying to evolve Pichu. It's now at level 21. I'm even carrying the soothe bell or whatever the hell that thing is called which is supposed to build "friendship". But every time it levels up and I beg for the d@mn thing to evolve my Sparky says:

raw

You are either very ballsy (even in a thread Cyber visits) or you didn't get the memo that using reaction gifs leads to a warning. >.>

Chisa

I just came here to whine that i have to wait at least 3 days to get Pokemon Moon.. This isn't fair.

Also, does this game have roller skaters?

Hayabusiness

I just came here to whine that i have to wait at least 3 days to get Pokemon Moon.. This isn't fair.

Also, does this game have roller skaters?
No, this game does not have a bike and any sort of HN. Now it's all done through a handful of pokèmon you can ride to move around and such.

Chapstick

This is so annoying I'm still trying to evolve Pichu. It's now at level 21. I'm even carrying the soothe bell or whatever the hell that thing is called which is supposed to build "friendship". But every time it levels up and I beg for the d@mn thing to evolve my Sparky says "Nope!".

Edit: thanks for the heads up @Tyaren i did not know that was against the rules.

Also of course right after I post this my Pichu evolved at level 22. XD
For future reference with pokemon that evolve through happiness, make sure to give them the soothe bell, walk around with them first in the party, give them vitamins (carbos, hp up, protein, etc), and buy them a malasada or w/e those are called once a day. I'm guessing once you have all four islands unlocked you can give them four malasadas a day. Not sure where the affection checker is in this game yet but they'll tell you when it's at max.

Also just fully evolved my Litten into Zangief today and while he's cool I miss the cuteness

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
My Pichu evolved at level 21. I don't believe having them in the first position matters, just that they're in the party. Mine took longer because he was in first and got knocked out a few times.

Chapstick

My Pichu evolved at level 21. I don't believe having them in the first position matters, just that they're in the party. Mine took longer because he was in first and got knocked out a few times.
Idk it's what I've heard all these years.

I just got my Chansey in Moon, wasn't easy SOS chaining a Bonsly to get it to call in a Happiny but I did it

tumblr_mvpuxmyGux1skql9vo1_500.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't play Pokémon but saw this on Twitter, Lillie is perfect, albeit a somewhat expy of Lili from the Tekken series but with less red and braided sidelocks. She's definitely cute:
IMG_20161120_203405.jpg

Chapstick

Professor Kukui: This is Professor Burnet. And she's also my wife! (:

Wife (:

Wife (:

WIFE

giphy.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD