Community Poll Game: Characters enjoyability

jjinkou2

Would there be any way to get a more detailed "total" statistic? For example, add the total values of each number assigned for each character. So if one person gives Leon a 4, one gives him a 5, and one gives him a 1: he gets a total score of 10. If Jann Lee gets one 3 and two 4s: he gets a total score of 11.

We could obviously just get the mean by then dividing the total number by the amount of sampled data, but I don't think that amount of work is necessary when we can still gather the trends by just looking at the overall sums.

But this way we could get something closer to the mean of the most liked characters overall, rather than just the mode. I think that would be really interesting to look at, though I realize it would take a lot of time. Because then some characters that are rarely put as "5s" but are put by almost everyone as "3s" would still appear very liked, as they should.

Done.

added:
@legibifou @Pictured Mind @Gurimmjaw @Vigoorian King @Force_of_Nature

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Akira - N/A
Alpha - N/A
Ayane - N/A
Bass - N/A
Bayman - N/A
Brad Wong - N/A
Christie - 5
Ein - N/A
Eliot - N/A
Gen Fu - N/A
Hayabusa - N/A
Hayate - N/A
Helena - N/A
Hitomi - N/A
Jacky - N/A
Jann Lee - N/A
Kasumi - N/A
Kokoro - N/A
Leifang - N/A
Leon - N/A
Lisa - N/A
Marie Rose - N/A
Mila - N/A
Momiji - N/A
Pai - N/A
Rachel - N/A
Rig - N/A
Sarah - N/A
Tina - N/A
Zack - N/A

jjinkou2

This database is a gold mine.

We could also have a view on categories. For example if people like offensive vs defensive characters.

We could also put a view on categories like : grapplers, strikers...
but i need help to classify charaters into categories.

for example

Strikers : christie, ??

Grapplers: Bass, ??

Others categories ?

Argentus

This database is a gold mine.

We could also have a view on categories. For example if people like offensive vs defensive characters.

We could also put a view on categories like : grapplers, strikers...
but i need help to classify charaters into categories.

for example

Strikers : christie, ??

Grapplers: Bass, ??

Others categories ?
Problem is i think only bass and bayman are straight grapplers.

Others like Leon, Tina, mila, lisa, are a mix. Dunno what to classify them as.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
So 5 means I really enjoy playing this character? Or is it the other way around?

If so, just add a 5 for Kasumi and Ein from me, because don't play any other character.

jjinkou2

So 5 means I really enjoy playing this character? Or is it the other way around?

If so, just add a 5 for Kasumi and Ein from me, because don't play any other character.

since i need a number for the other characters for the statistics, i'll put the neutral number: 3 for everyone else.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Problem is i think only bass and bayman are straight grapplers.

Others like Leon, Tina, mila, lisa, are a mix. Dunno what to classify them as.

Bayman's not a grappler, he's a pseudo. Anyone with an i4 neutral throw is a grappler. Tina & Lisa are grapplers. Mila is a pseudo-grappler.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't recall there being any in-game text that classifies "grappler is ____" (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

As such, it's more of a community opinion on what they consider constitutes a grappler. Some use the term to reference the i4 5Ts specifically because they must adjust what they consider to be safe/unsafe when those characters are present.

Others look at the term "grappler" as denoting those who either have a lot of grapples, or use grapples / the threat of grapples as the foundation of their gameplay approach.

Personally, I find the notion that Hayabusa is a grappler and Bayman is not to be absurd, so when I use the term, I'm typically using it in respect to the latter perspective.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
To be honest, anyone with grabs is a grappler. IMO Kasumi is the best grappler because I hit the most grabs with her. She's even dubbed "The Best Grappler" in my scene.

Brute

Standard Donor
To be honest, anyone with grabs is a grappler. IMO Kasumi is the best grappler because I hit the most grabs with her. She's even dubbed "The Best Grappler" in my scene.
I can see that due to tick throws. Personally, though, I feel like Hitomi is the best grappler. Her delays and string mix-ups are designed to force you into blocking, which allows her to pull off tick throws regularly. It doesn't help that her throw is an annoying reset, and that her 33T is one hell of a deadly throw for her strike pressure, especially against explosive walls.

Rawbietussin

So everyone is a grappler then...?

image.jpg

Argentus

I don't recall there being any in-game text that classifies "grappler is ____" (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

As such, it's more of a community opinion on what they consider constitutes a grappler. Some use the term to reference the i4 5Ts specifically because they must adjust what they consider to be safe/unsafe when those characters are present.

Others look at the term "grappler" as denoting those who either have a lot of grapples, or use grapples / the threat of grapples as the foundation of their gameplay approach.

Personally, I find the notion that Hayabusa is a grappler and Bayman is not to be absurd, so when I use the term, I'm typically using it in respect to the latter perspective.
This. I consider a grappled to be someone whose moveset is focused on grapples, not just someone who has a grab.

Like I would consider mila one due to nearly everything she does leading into her mount. But then most people disregard her mount in favor of playing her as a striker which she can also do. So its muddy.

Leon I would not. He's just a straight power character with equally devastating delayed strikes guards breaks and grabs.

Brute

Standard Donor
Leon I would not. He's just a straight power character with equally devastating delayed strikes guards breaks and grabs.
Yeah, but typically those strikes are leading into his launch-> air grab (grapple, of sorts) or his hard knockdowns (grapple of sorts). Leon feels like a grappler to me.

btw: Just noticed your list had no "4s" lol
You're just like: "These two. I like these two. Everyone else sucks."

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD