Potential Romance in new story?

JJdude

Now I know there are people who don't really care for it, but it's one of the things I do like. The obvious one is Hayate and Hitomi considering the history the had when Hayate was Ein. When they confronted each other again in DOA5 you can sense that Hayate still have a special connection with her when he tries to casually talk with her. Then there's Leigang crushing on Jann Lee. Which didn't do her favor since she wasn't focused when she was facing against him during the tournament. What do you guys think?

HHH816

i don't know, the over the top violence seem to turn off any potential romance in the story.

would hitomi still lovey dovey with hayate after the tournament when if she lose, she's left bloodied on the floor.

even the warming up session with hayate in DOA5 still looks awkward to me.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I think Jann lee is more interested in Rig now.

I shipp Hayatomi though.

That made think

Leifang wants to defeat Jann Lee but Jann Lee wants to defeat Rig.

WHAT IF RIG WANTS TO DEFEAT THE NEW GUY OR NEW GIRL, AND THE PATTERN NEVER ENDS.

please don't actually do that tn i beg you i was just kidding.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I hope Eliot and Kasumi hook up in DOA6, that or maybe Tina/Mila and Leifang/Hitomi? :p
This does beg the question of a same gender relationship's viability for TN. They're already catching flak from fringe groups for pandering by dropping the sexuality down a bit, what would be the reaction to a relationship like this? Especially for a game series that up till now has been pretty vague about romantic interest between characters and left it mostly up to imagination with a few subtle hints but no reveals (With only a couple of exceptions there I think but don't quote me on that).

I think it's juicy and I'm all for it, and I feel like the characters would be more relatable if there were more genuine emotional connections between them outside of the Ninja cast who are already beyond the realm of relatability.

Hayabusiness

• Give Ayane a proper love interest that's not her half brother or a twinky fuccboi. Like, maybe he could be a sexy and cool guy who is tsun and smug, so they have the smuggest and snarkiest romance ever.
  • Eliot and Marie Rose... Ever since she got revealed I wanted them to have a rivalry cuz they are blonde babbies... Idk how it could work, maybe she could be mocking and teasing him ("You are a weak kid! Hee hee") but then as soon as he looks at another girl she gets jealous? Lol.
  • Ryu... I personally think he is cute with Kasumi but I don't think they'll ever develop a romance subplot for him in a DOA game. I'd like it if Nyo had a crush on him tho.
  • Nikki should be back and rescued heroically by Zack <3

That said I'm kinda losing hope for romance in DOA because otaku are possessive and jealous over their waifus :( I'd imagine they'd throw a shitfit over anything... Well, didn't happen with Leifang but her feelings have been estabilished for a long time.

P2p1mbs

I hope Eliot and Kasumi hook up in DOA6, that or maybe Tina/Mila and Leifang/Hitomi? :p

Has Eliot even interacted with Kasumi? I think he's more likely to get together with Ayane; I think he likes it when she slaps him ;)

You already know my view on Tina/Mila but I wouldn't mind seeing Leifang/Hitomi but 5 clearly shows they are both interested in other people.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'll bite.

Hitomi/Hayate is obvious and has been forever. Leifang/Jann doesn't work as anything more than one person chasing the other. This is because it ruins Jann's character identity too much for most of the people who play as him. He has to continually not give a damn about anything other than fighting, really.

Other than that... only the vaguest things have been hinted in regards to Eliot having some chemistry with Ayane and Christie. And the idea of either is somewhat hilarious and says more about Eliot being good with Tsundere types.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Leifang/Jann doesn't work as anything more than one person chasing the other. This is because it ruins Jann's character identity too much for most of the people who play as him. He has to continually not give a damn about anything other than fighting, really.
As cold and factual as his domination of the last tournament.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wonder is Christie will have a thing with Bass? If you remember the story mode, when Helena and Bass were talking while he played pool Christie came in and said "she was looking for a real man". I mean what else could she have meant by that since Helena isn't a man and Bass was the only guy there? XD

P2p1mbs

I wonder is Christie will have a thing with Bass? If you remember the story mode, when Helena and Bass were talking while he played pool Christie came in and said "she was looking for a real man". I mean what else could she have meant by that since Helena isn't a man and Bass was the only guy there? XD

Bass is friends with Rig, when the 2 met in rig's story, she complimented him for being "such a man ;)" so she was obviously asking for Rig.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Bass is friends with Rig, when the 2 met in rig's story, she complimented him for being "such a man ;)" so she was obviously asking for Rig.
Lol do you Donovan would he fine with that? XD that's probably why she doesn't like him. He probably chewed her out about her trying to hook up with Rig and that's why she said "pompous ass" cuz he cock blocked her xD

P2p1mbs

Lol do you Donovan would he fine with that? XD that's probably why she doesn't like him. He probably chewed her out about her trying to hook up with Rig and that's why she said "pompous ass" cuz he cock blocked her xD

I always though she was just being seductive to Rig as part of her job to get him to met with his dad (assuming his amnesia is real and he doesn't know he is Donovan's son*), she actually wants Eliot ;).

*This raises the question of whether or not Rig really is Donovan's son or that is just a lie to manipulate him

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD