DOA5U "Prepare" - Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Just a side note: I'm working on getting the combo video done. It should be finished by early next week. I'll revise the Ayane Guide for DOA5U afterward, but I won't have time to create a video tutorial on Ayane. The rest of my time out here in NorCal has to go to my training for an upcoming tournament.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Does :8::K::K::K: completely jail now? The last hit used to be holdable, but now I can't for the life of me hold the last hit. I don't know if it's due to changes to the hold system or not.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So like.... for those that don't know and are in need of a really good frame trap. BT6K is +1 at tip range on block;

- P is i9
- 6P is i12 (already crushes jabs at their start up frames and it may take priority over other i12 mids due to frame advantage and damage)
- 2P is i11
- K is i11

1P+K K and [1]P+K P will hit moves with short range after the set up, while 1P+K itself already ducks highs. Making things like Ein and Hitomi's 46P irrelevant.

All of our usual hi crushes in CQC are available here if your opponent tends to opt for highs (or is mashing).

Use this, lol.

Last edited:
BT 6K

EDIT : I mean how do you know after BT 6K you are at +0 or +1 during the fight ? How do you visually confirm that you are at +0 ? and how do you visually confirm you are at +1 ?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
BT 6K

EDIT : I mean how do you know after BT 6K you are at +0 or +1 during the fight ? How do you visually confirm that you are at +0 ? and how do you visually confirm you are at +1 ?

Because of the range I am at when I use it. If I'm in CQC to CQC-mid, I know that BT6K will be +0 on block. If I'm at mid range (just outside of BT6K's max range), I know that my BT6K will be +1 on block.

Practicing the max distances of my range tools is one of those things I do in the lab often. So that I memorize where my advantages are at their respective ranges.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah those are good options too. P4P is +1 at tip range on neutral hit too. 2P is also +1 on neutral hit at it's tip range.

Yeah and sometimes I got +7 from [1]P+K P

By the way, before I go sleep, I wanna share this :
When you wanna do [1]P+K P, press 1 and P+K and hold 1 then press H to cancel the 1P+K and get the [1]P+K P with the +5 on block with consistency.

Guys, test something in sparring mode :
Ayane versus Kasumi. Kasumi action guarding and reaction striking with her i9 jab.
Do P > BT 4K and see what happens. That's terrible.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Been aware of [1]P+K P for awhile now, although the info will be useful to other and newer players.

P > BT4K is super risky to do because of it's unsafety on block. But that is definitely good to know that BT4K is a high crush. Both BT4K and BT6P are unsafe on block but can crush highs so it's still good to have more than one.

BT4H+K (BT CB) is a high crush too.

fuck, ayane's NGS2 costume and NG3 costume are still not available for DOA5U...
I'd totally trade her old DOA2 costume for that NGS2 redesign.

QueenJakheiho

A question to the Ayane Experts i need on lower scramble a Combo after the powerblow ~ flying car and a second one after Car 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD