Rachel General Discussion

synce

i thought you left after all the DLC wasn't free(half of it is though, lol).

Rachel is looking to be my alternate.

Nah I had other reasons, I'm back for a bit though. Anxious to see if Rachel's indeed the second coming of Spartan

DR2K

She has her own air throw which is a variant of her throw in NG.(she does it with a weapon there)

Dacthunder

No, he mean like Spartan. Take a look at 0:17
No like Leon's, most of her moves are from Leon and Bayman, she's NOT original except those electronic attacks. So if they copy and paste moves onto Rachel from Spartan, they're not copying Spartan, it's just Copying and Pasting MOSTLY Leon's or Bayman's moves. However, looks like she's mostly original thank goodness-she's got moves based off Ninja Gaiden in a creative way.
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Nicole-458

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Dat remodel
Rachel Comparison .jpg

Aven Kujo-Gin

If she is gonna be like Spartan in some way, I may give her a chance after all, but now what I think is about some cool costume who doesn´t have so much sexual looking.. Someone can post some of his NG costumes?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
No like Leon's, most of her moves are from Leon and Bayman, she's NOT original except those electronic attacks. So if they copy and paste moves onto Rachel from Spartan, they're not copying Spartan, it's just Copying and Pasting MOSTLY Leon's or Bayman's moves. However, looks like she's mostly original thank goodness-she's got moves based off Ninja Gaiden in a creative way.
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Nicole-458
Leon never had that air throw. Or that new ground throw shown in the new trailer. Bayman never had an air throw. Those originally belonged to Spartan, same with that double punch to throw string (I don't know the inputs).

Rachel is definitely based on Spartan.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Spartan was built off of certain existing moves from Leon and Bayman, and their properties and bits of animation were sometimes altered. For example, the desert falcon into the ground.

What we have here is Spartan 2.0 basically. We can expect greater mutation and more original moves leading to a more original character. Spartan had a very small movelist to begin with, so It won't take much for Rachel to feel like a completely different character.

And for those who liked the feeling of playing Spartan, there is now a base character to help fill that void.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD