Rachel General Discussion

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I do like the animation. I like using it just so I can see the animation. Also useful for lows that string into other stuff.

Pictured Mind

So how are we supposed to use 3T? I wanna hit people with dat ass.

Haha. I've been saying that since the day this game came out. One time it worked twice in a row and my mission was completed. Haven't tried it since because it's way too risky for me.
Still need to learn dem Rachel strats.

Itz King Beebop

Low OH is basically used like a low crush. Anticipate somebody who will duck in some form (high crush standing attack, high crush low attack, freezing on low block, keeping a low profile i.e. BKO ducking) and you shall (sometimes) be successful. She doesn't have many crush attacks, so it is good for her but of course do NOT whiff. You will hate her ass if you whiff.

You CAN block and punish things, but not everyone has a low OH, and sometimes you just want to shut down an annoying (crush) situation so that the opponent hesitates on it next time (which is better for Rachel).

That is what I originally thought too, but after labbing with the character enough, it can't effectively crush lows unless it's a standalone low or a low string starter, and also if you look closely at when the "crush" frames activate, 3T doesn't beat out lows until later into the animation. What this means is that you either have to throw out the move when you anticipate a low, or like a slow low comes out. Also the move only crushes lows that include a crouching animation (LeiFang's 2H+K for example,) but not lows with standing animations (Hitomi's 2H+K for example)

Otherwise, yeah you might as well either counter the low or block and punish the low. But you have to take into account how people play, some people don't bother punishing (not saying they don't punish but still) they instead rely on ACCURATE crushing... I'm just saying... but people are open to their own opinions of course...

Itz King Beebop

Probably, or this character is just horrible....who can say?
She wasn't good to begin with TBH... she just had absurdly good, absurdly abusable, absurdly braindead offense... and everything else (spacing, tracking, defense, grappler-type damage)... meh

U_C_A_F

now that her stomp was nerfed to hell and back, does she really have anything going for her anymore? she has surprisingly low damage output for a heavy weight grappler. characters like Tina, Bass, Leon etc have far higher damage output to make up for their slower speed where Rachel is both slow and weak.

strike-wise she isn't good either with her attacks being slow and not offering much mixup opportunities compared other grapplers like Lisa/Tina or any decent guardbreaks compared to Leon and Bayman. Defensive wise her counters don't do much damage, she lacks parries, spacing tools, good universal sidestep follows up and her command sidestep isn't much better and many attacks auto track it easily.

Those looking to play a grappler character really have no reason to choose Rachel over the others as she fills no role that others don't already do and do it better

If you want a flashy mix up heavy grappler with great spacing tools pick Lisa

If you want a sexy blond big boobed powerful female grappler with hi damage output pick Tina

If you want grappler who specializes in close range offense, guardbreaks, air throws and can expertly utilize the environment pick Leon

If you want a defensive heavy grappler with hi damaging counters, parries, advanced counters, and being the most evasive of the grapplers pick Bayman

If you want sheer power and the ability to grant a lot of frame advantage from ground pickups that keep your opponent guessing pick Bass

Rachel fills no void, has no strengths, isn't unique in playstyle or in looks and really seems like she has no place at all on the roster as she fails in every category, i'd even go as far to say that she is now low tier

Dior

Not everyone are tier whores, it's good, there's no reason to complain anymore, she just need interested players to use her the way she deserves.
I'm glad people still sharing infos about her, thx guys o/

Itz King Beebop

now that her stomp was nerfed to hell and back, does she really have anything going for her anymore? she has surprisingly low damage output for a heavy weight grappler. characters like Tina, Bass, Leon etc have far higher damage output to make up for their slower speed where Rachel is both slow and weak.

strike-wise she isn't good either with her attacks being slow and not offering much mixup opportunities compared other grapplers like Lisa/Tina or any decent guardbreaks compared to Leon and Bayman. Defensive wise her counters don't do much damage, she lacks parries, spacing tools, good universal sidestep follows up and her command sidestep isn't much better and many attacks auto track it easily.

Those looking to play a grappler character really have no reason to choose Rachel over the others as she fills no role that others don't already do and do it better

If you want a flashy mix up heavy grappler with great spacing tools pick Lisa

If you want a sexy blond big boobed powerful female grappler with hi damage output pick Tina

If you want grappler who specializes in close range offense, guardbreaks, air throws and can expertly utilize the environment pick Leon

If you want a defensive heavy grappler with hi damaging counters, parries, advanced counters, and being the most evasive of the grapplers pick Bayman

If you want sheer power and the ability to grant a lot of frame advantage from ground pickups that keep your opponent guessing pick Bass

Rachel fills no void, has no strengths, isn't unique in playstyle or in looks and really seems like she has no place at all on the roster as she fails in every category, i'd even go as far to say that she is now low tier

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, BUT Rachel's hold damage is really good unless you're gonna compare her Bayman. Any of her holds on counter or hi-counter give off anywhere from 70-90 damage...

And besides she was low tier before the nerfs, it's just way easier to expose that now. Yeah there were always the arguements that Rachel was high tier, I can understand, but 65-70% of her MUs are (and always were) either out of her favor(4-6), even(5-5), or really bad *cough**cough* Sarah, Helena, Christie, AYANE *cough**cough*. She even has a bad MU vs Bass(6-4 Bass) WTF!?

This is as far as I got with my reasoning up to now. Out of the heavyweights/wrestlers, she is the most similar to these two. I kept Tina to play with, and I kicked Leon out of my stable because I prefer Airthrow-9P-6KP to just Airthrow, for juggles.

But I also realized that she is not meant to be just like any of them. She is her own character, and she probably was designed to be middle-of-the-road. She's not a grappler at all (regular speed throws and her 12 frame throw juggles instead of doing 120+ damage) and she's not pure bulldog (only 1 frame advantage move). I don't think we should be focused on labeling and comparing her if we want to maximize her game; we'll just end up complaining and playing her like some other character (when you could just pick that particular character).

I am going to start working with her to see what niche she is meant for. So far, her niche seems to be "uniquely satisfying to play with," lol. When I play with Rachel, I don't feel the same as when I play with Tina (or when I tried Leon). I never rly considered her stomp when I picked her up; I only started with her days before the stomp got nerfed, before I even knew what the stomp had been all about. I don't know what her gameplan is yet, because walls don't seem to help her immensely. I am willing to soul-search and hunt fiends with her tho. I just feel that she shouldn't be down-for-the-count yet; I feel like I'm missing (to see) something with her.

I was watching replays of The Fall Classic to see what ppl were doing with Rachel. I didn't see many stomps land, and the frame advantage from stomp whiffs didn't allow anything guaranteed. She has good launchers and I am rly liking her stuns so far. I don't think she is fully explored; it's only been a month and a half since the game came out.

Batcommander

i just picked Rachel up since she's free for a coupla weeks, tryin her out. She's really fun to play with, but i was surprised at her lack of throw punishes/OHs, guess i was mistaken that she was a grappler.:oops:

Right now, the only thing i wish was that her guard breaks weren't negative. They should give her +2-3 to help her continue offense. That's about the only flaw I see atm (she seems decent everywhere else tbh).

Going back to Lisa after a Rachel session--Lisa feels like she's flying through space lmao.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD