Rachel Tips and Strats...

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Point is I don't see no strat discussion. I don't see anything relevant being shared. People are sharing "general" strats which isn't the samething. So I don't see where the strategy discussion is.

Itz King Beebop

Point is I don't see no strat discussion. I don't see anything relevant being shared. People are sharing "general" strats which isn't the samething. So I don't see where the strategy discussion is.

THE Rachel strat: You have to be better and smarter than EVERYONE to win anything... lol (i wish i was joking *sob*)

Itz King Beebop

LOL @ above post, but IDK about playing her grappler-style. If you are referring to using tick throws, her P strings will either be blocked or reacted to very quickly. She does not have the speed nor the recovery to do tick throws very well. She will only be as good as Bayman or Leon to do tick throws (moreso Leon, which I guess is not that bad). If ppl start fuzzy guarding her P strings, forget tick throws. Ppl will be defensive against her P string, but most likely not just straight up block unless the opponent rly freezes up. If that's the case, then bravo. If it happens near the end of the /round/match, then still bravo, because the effort will be worth it (usually).

Besides, Kokoro has much better tools to play that way. She has P2K to discourage fuzzies, PPT for an actual string into throw (no fair!), and she has things like 9P (which cannot be rly reacted to when free cancelled because recovery is just too fast). The only thing Kokoro lacks with grapple-style is improved 12-frame throw damage. If Rachel had any of these, her pressure game would become more offensive, even more (and more varied) strings would have helped.

Rachel's Dickwad Tick throw set ups
  • Free cancel jab strings to see how ppl react (P FC P FC 6P or 6T)
  • As everyone should know 6PK or 6K on NH usually gets you a free grab set up, so throw in mids after jab FCs
  • If they start reacting to jabs by ducking, 3T.
  • If you hit with 3T and they respect the frame advantage, that's usually a free launch throw, or it resets the mix up
  • PP8P+K mildly works on NH, depending on which option from 8P+K you use more
  • Off of the repeated P free cancels, if you hit a Hi-Counter jab, 2K for a free grab/launch set up because of the trip stun

Can someone please teach me how to use Rachel properly? I just picked her up, and I'm having trouble getting in on my opponents. Even against slow characters, so something isn't right. I need understand in situational things, like which tools to use in this situation and why.

Batcommander

Can someone please teach me how to use Rachel properly? I just picked her up, and I'm having trouble getting in on my opponents. Even against slow characters, so something isn't right. I need understand in situational things, like which tools to use in this situation and why.

I just picked up Rachel this week, so I'm also inexperienced with her. These are my observations atm:

So far, I've had the most success opening people up by whiff punishing with :4::K:. I use this at mid range and just outside mid range and it seems to catch a lot of people trying to attack.

Other than that, it's mostly blocking and waiting patiently to use :P: strings, :6::P:/:6::K:, or :1::P: (to crush highs), and pray you get a counter hit.

I just found out that :6::6::F+P: will give +11 instead of +9 on counter hit or higher. That is pretty cool, it means a free mid. Been using :3::P::P::P+K::F+P: after it if it lands on counter hit, and if not, then you play with the +9 to do whatever you want.

After playing around a lot, it seems Rachel is centered on this move. Her sitdowns and other stuns, when staggered, leave the opponent at +15-20, which is a perfect setup for :6::6::F+P:. Like Kingbebop said above, when people start ducking, use a mid or the low OH to throw them off. Catching people with that low OH is so satisfying to me, even if guarantees nothing! Love it

On another note, here are some throw setups to play around with depending on how your opponent plays:
:4::P::P::2::P: :5: :6::F+P:/ :426::F+P: ( i find a lot of opponents dont realize the trip stun is short as hell lol)
CH :3::P:, :8:/:2: :P+K:, :6::F+P: (flashy, not particularly useful, easy to slow escape)

After :6::6::F+P::
:2::P:, :6::F+P:/ :6::6::F+P:
(on counter hit) :6::P:/:6::K:, :6::6::F+P:
:P: :5: :426::F+P:/:6::6::F+P:

vINv

im writing a guide its up and will b updated every so often with each new discovery

I think Rachel's stuns are pretty good. She either gets really long ones or really short ones, which are both very useful to her in different ways (short stuns for frame advantage and long stuns for mixup). I'm working with these stuns with some success. I think her major goal is to launch high enough to air throw all of her opponents, stomp until they backtech w/o wakeup kicks, and then go from there to repeat the process. Her major problem is shutting down the opponent's tools, which sucks since she is very basic and has to fight an uphill battle.

If this strat ends up bombing, then I guess I can play her with "conviction" AKA I don't care what you do because I will do this move anyway.

vINv

problem stomp can b teched on reaction so what u have to do stomp wake up kicks on reaction its possible tested it several times

Batcommander

alright this might seem noob, but what are the benefits to twirl vs regular sidestep, other than the different attacks? Does twirl have more active frames than regular sidestep/less recovery?

vINv

I have found something amazing with rachel its a FT that is viable online and offline brand new not shure anyone knows about it ill be posting it in me and beebops guide please check it later its very goood

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD