Rachel Tips and Strats...

Drake Aldan

Should we go for the most damage in air throw combos or is 3PP still good to end the combo?
Don't use 3PP, stomp ever again! It's too risky.

Either go for damage (9P, 6KP or 6PKP) or go for mixup (9P, stomp attempt, whiff leaves you slightly negative, -3?)

Really you should go for damage, since stomp is slow enough that it will probably be teched on reaction unless your opponent is panicking.

Drahcir

Rachel's Guaranteed Stomps!:
Character weights: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-weight-classes.3228/

Try the following:

On Alpha (Feather): 1PP > 9P > 9P > 9P > Free Cancel > 2K

On Momiji and Kasumi (Super Light and Light, respectively): 1PP > 9P > 9P > Free Cancel > 2K

On Pai (Welter weight): 1PP > 9P > 9P > 2K

On Ryu (Middle weight): 1PP > 9P > 2K or 1PP > 9P > T > 9P > 2K

On Helena (Cruiser weight (also wtf is a cruiser?)): 1PP > 9P > 2K (Needs to be performed a little more quickly than on Mid weight)

On Gen Fu (How is this guy the only Heavy weight?): 1PP > 6K > Free Cancel > 2K

On RACHEL (Super Heavy weight(because she carries around a battle-axe that's twice her goddamn size, did any of you REALLY think she was gonna weigh less than a tank?)): 1PP > 6K > 2K or 1PP > 6K > Free Cancel > 2K (if you're having trouble getting the timing down; it's a little more difficult on this weight, but still completely possible)

All examples were tested in Dojo several dozen times, all work perfectly. The 2K stomp, in all instances, will connect at the exact moment the words "Tech Roll" appear on screen, if performed correctly.

These are just examples to show that Rachel DOES IN FACT have possible guaranteed stomp setups now and you can thank the so called "nerf". The move's added slowness allows it to connect with the opponent right as they land, if you perform it at the correct height, depending on weight class (you'll actually hit them right as the words "Tech Roll" appear on screen if performed correctly); making it just as effective, if not more so, than an ordinary down attack. You might wanna actually THANK TN now. If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. I'd love to show you video but I don't have $200 bucks to spend on recording software so maybe someone would be gracious enough to document these little examples. Also, as I said thrice already, these are just examples; I wasn't looking for viability or efficiency, just possibility; it's up to you to discover how to use this knowledge.

I seriously can't believe that no one put this together though...obviously if the move doesn't connect when they hit the ground you need to start it earlier...that's just basic logic...instead everyone whined about nerfs when what they were asking for was given to them and waiting right underneath their noses.

I'm gonna go back to maining Rachel with pride now, have a nice day!

Drake Aldan

@Drahcir There's no need to free cancel after 9P, since 9P doesn't have any followups. :p
If you're implying that there's just frame timing on this I'm all ears.

Record holding 4 and tapping H, then hit Select+6 (Back+6 on 360?) when 1PP connects.

They should have had multiple wakeup options available in practice like SCV, instead of just one generic "Recovery" option...

Itz King Beebop

Should we go for the most damage in air throw combos or is 3PP still good to end the combo?
You don't really go for "launches" anymore, because she actually gets shitloads of damage off of her "bounces"; trying to use SDS beyond the stun threshold will result in a bounce animation... from the bounce animation you can do 236P+K*T for like an extra 40 damage. These are the combos that kind of keep her in line with the other grapplers in terms of damage (for example 9P>H+K>PP4P>236P+K*T is about 104 on NH) and last I checked her average "launch" on NH only did about 70-80 damage...
IDK now that I've played all of the grapplers enough, I feel that Rachel is the Devil Jin of the grapplers (if that makes sense) She doesn't excel at one thing tat another grappler can't do better, but she has access to all of the things the other grapplers have... except for a low crush...

just_me

Standard Donor
Too bad... none of these guaranteed stomps is actually guaranteed, you can back tech them all (but e.g. NH (1P)P 9P 2K is actually guaranteed agains super light to welter - a CrLvl1 1PP launch is too high though, would work on midweights)
And of course the FT Kick will still whiff after an untechable stomp, if the opponent mashes any tech.
(might happen, cuz the opponent's "press H event" fires the exact same frame the stomp hits, which is a given in an untechable scenario but unlikely in others... that's just a guess though)

You could get a bunch of timed untechable stomps... just look for setups, where you hit the opponent midair with 2K and delay properly... not worth it imo, since you'll sacrifice a lot of damage and you might have to time your stuff with 1 frame precision and your opponent just has to "mash out of it"

Don't get the fuzz about her bounds/bounces either... she just get's them if she exceeds threshold... so you could go for a CB into anything you want and do more Dmg...

Itz King Beebop

Don't get the fuzz about her bounds/bounces either... she just get's them if she exceeds threshold... so you could go for a CB into anything you want and do more Dmg...

If you want, you can just CB into a bounce... It's not that the bonce combos are just some crazy strat or anything, it's just that the bounce combos do more damage on NH than many of her launch combos do on Hi-Counter...

Drake Aldan

If you want, you can just CB into a bounce... It's not that the bonce combos are just some crazy strat or anything, it's just that the bounce combos do more damage on NH than many of her launch combos do on Hi-Counter...
??

4PPP, 66P, 214P, 6PP, T, 9P, 6KP - 118

4PPP, 66P, 8K, 214P+KT - 106

I'm not seeing it... 8K/8P are gonna be useless near walls, too (hopefully you get a rebounce).

If we were talking stun > SDS, I mean, I guess... This is all assuming that they don't shake, though. 8P and 8K are both unsafe...

I mean I guess you could get away with it but it's not airtight.

vINv

you dont need wall combos what u need is wall pressure u can keep ur oppenent jailed to a wall working on wall pressure set ups will post later

Drahcir

@Drahcir
Record holding 4 and tapping H, then hit Select+6 (Back+6 on 360?) when 1PP connects.

I see the recording bar appear...but how do I get it when it's done recording? It doesn't prompt me to save it or do anything of the sort.

Also Back + 6 is tied to com recording...so that's kinda in the way too...

Edit:
So yeah, Xbox version can't do that. We only have Facebook uploading, that's it.

Last edited:

Itz King Beebop

??

4PPP, 66P, 214P, 6PP, T, 9P, 6KP - 118

4PPP, 66P, 8K, 214P+KT - 106

I'm not seeing it... 8K/8P are gonna be useless near walls, too (hopefully you get a rebounce).

If we were talking stun > SDS, I mean, I guess... This is all assuming that they don't shake, though. 8P and 8K are both unsafe...

I mean I guess you could get away with it but it's not airtight.

I personally don't use 4PPP (,or anything else that gets blown up offline since the patch) but I guess I got proven wrong on CB combos, but I'm not talking about trying to work SDS. I'm talking about breaking stun threshold with a SDS move... that's why I use PP4P (like I said before 9P>H+K>PP4P>236P+K 104 NH no CB... that's only two points from your CB bounce combo) but you did give a very reasonable arguement and I thank you heavily for that (I don't get too many of those these days lol)

... That combo is all highs up until the bounce so...

Drahcir

@Drahcir There's no need to free cancel after 9P, since 9P doesn't have any followups. :p
If you're implying that there's just frame timing on this I'm all ears.

They should have had multiple wakeup options available in practice like SCV, instead of just one generic "Recovery" option...
Also yes, I'm probably implying there's just frame timing. Either you get it at the exact moment or you don't. There's no room for mistiming it.

Drake Aldan

Edit:
So yeah, Xbox version can't do that. We only have Facebook uploading, that's it.
Ehh really?!

Record/replay function should be under "COM ACTION" in "TRAINING SETTINGS" in the pause menu... and the shortcut command for them should be at the bottom of the screen when they're selected. I think to cancel recording when you are finished you do something like Back+8 (whatever the shortcut for "STAND" is).

Drahcir

Ehh really?!

Record/replay function should be under "COM ACTION" in "TRAINING SETTINGS" in the pause menu... and the shortcut command for them should be at the bottom of the screen when they're selected. I think to cancel recording when you are finished you do something like Back+8 (whatever the shortcut for "STAND" is).

I know what the shortcuts are but I don't see how using Record/Replay will give me uploadable video. I've tried it a few times now though just to be sure and it gets me nothing.
Again, I'm gonna have to assume that's a PS3 exclusive feature, like YouTube uploading.

Last edited:

Drake Aldan

I know what the shortcuts are but I don't see how using Record/Replay will give me uploadable video. I've tried it a few times now though just to be sure and it gets me nothing.
... No, I'm telling you how to set up the dummy to mash out a back tech...

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Basically, none of those setups are guaranteed. They are still good to use, though.

It would be nice to have a tech direction option. What I actually to upgrade tech is make the second character the one I want to use, then record the dummy to do something, then play it back and try to escape.

Drahcir

Just got 1PP > 9P > 2K on Kasumi with her set to back tech rapidly as all hell; so I'm pretty sure you can find a way to get it done on various other weights. It connects because you aren't hitting them as they're teching; you're hitting them right at the start, giving them no chance to even to do.

I can actually do it pretty easily so long as I keep things short and sweet.

I can even do 8K > 8K > 3P > FC > 2K with good enough timing

Edit: 8K > 8K > 3P > FC > 2K only works in closed stance

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD