Raidou gameplay discussion

Nereus

Standard Donor
Yes and Yes. 5 more points but have to used as a juggle instead of being led up to. So 214K launch then KK. As a ground gtfo it is good but you can get more damage with just 214K 3P 6KK.
Alright.. will test that when i get home. Thanks!

Jefffcore

33K launches higher and recovers faster, but does less damage than 214K like you said. On lightweights, you can do CB > 214K > EWGF x3 > 4PK. Deals quite a bit of damage.
Yeah, but 214k only allows 2 EWGF's before 8k on mid weights. I haven't tried it on light weights yet. Entirely depends what you want.

I'm, not able to do anything before Kk at max height on a mid weight. Most damage I've got is 214k, EWGF x3, 4pk. 6kk only connects after EWGF x2.

Edit: I'm wrong. Egwf only works twice before 8k regardless of the launchers. 33k is only better earlier in the threshold, and 8k against the wall?

So on mid weights with stuns I was using:
CB, 214k
-EWGF x2, 8k = 115
-EGWF x3, 4pk = 135

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
Yeah, but 214k only allows 2 EWGF's before 8k on mid weights. I haven't tried it on light weights yet. Entirely depends what you want.

I'm, not able to do anything before Kk at max height on a mid weight. Most damage I've got is 214k, EWGF x3, 4pk. 6kk only connects after EWGF x2.

Edit: I'm wrong. Egwf only works twice before 8k regardless of the launchers. 33k is only better earlier in the threshold, and 8k against the wall?

So on mid weights with stuns I was using:
CB, 214k
-EWGF x2, 8k = 115
-EGWF x3, 4pk = 135

214K allows 3 EWGF's after the CB and that works on mid weight and lightweight. On midweight you can follow up with either 7K or 236P. On lightweight you can follow up with 4PK

synce

So, here's the real question: How many times can Raidou EWGF Alpha before she lands?

Tag mode should be funny..

And if you guys have any good replays I'd like to see them. Still not sure if he's worth the $4

Edit: k I had a chance to try him. I'm surprised at how lenient the timing is on his izuna and ewgf. His knock backs are cool too. There's some dealbreakers though so I'll pass for now

- His 214/33 dashes are glitched
- Doesn't seem like you can buffer EWGF
- OH is way too slow
- Can't cancel fireball
- Lame taunt

Last edited:

DrDam

Raidou and input leniency?

EWGF can be done :3::3::+::P:
Underworld drop can be done :2::6::4::6::H+P::5::2::4::3::8::H+P::5::4862::4862::H+P:

I still haven't found a significantly easier way to do his slow OHs

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
:6::426::4: I what I've been running with. Gotta work on the reverse GG muscle memory but so far so good.

Nightpup

Apparently everyone and their mother wants to play super lame as soon as I pick Raidou. I've yet to have a decent match with him.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I have the Mishima input and constantly getting it in a match. My issue is the character syndrome right now. Learning how the way he plays and his approach, hopefully I'll bypass that. It's one of those first time in a match issue and I tend to have a habit of watching my own character and not really pay attention to the opponent because I am watching to see if I get stuff down.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I'm sitting here at work kind of day dreaming some Raidou moves. Anybody know if his Power Launch can be no timing followed up by a fully charged fireball? That would be fun. Not practical, but fun.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm sitting here at work kind of day dreaming some Raidou moves. Anybody know if his Power Launch can be no timing followed up by a fully charged fireball? That would be fun. Not practical, but fun.

Maybe the Danger Zone bounce but I'm not sure with his PL.

DrDam

I really doubt it, fully charged fireball is 90 frames

SilverForte

Some findings of mine today.

Tested against hitomi:
CH EWGF- 33KP. 66P becomes an unholdable
Wall splat- 6kk. Fireball becomes unholdable(works on midweights as well, haven't tried heavy)
CH EWGF X3- 8P 2 h+k becomes unholdable
NH EWGF- 33KP. 8P becomes unholdable
8p tech gives you +15
NH EWGF X2-8P. 2 H+K becomes unholdable.
6kk raw makes 214P unholdable if they tech.

1pp(nh,ch) follow up with 2p, if they tech you're at +1, if they dont they get hit on the ground and you can go for 4k to tech them up.

Midweight- CH EWGF- 33KP. 6 H+K becomes unholdable

CH EWGF X3- 2P is a thing on middleweights, on hitomi 8p worked after the 3 ewgf.

If they tech after an underworld drop, the Super OH will catch them if done immediately.

Feel free to let me know if any of this is in error.

And for those having trouble with the EWGF motion, try double quarter circle motions and see how that works.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Wall splat- 6kk. Fireball becomes unholdable(works on midweights as well, haven't tried heavy)

Just to let you know, Wall Splat unholdable combos actually are dependent on the move you put the person into the wall with and their height. So can you list the character and attack you used to put them in the wall with?

SilverForte

It worked on both Hitomi and Ein, on the electrified walls on aircraft carrier. I use 6kk as the actual wall splat after knocking them into the wall with whatever move(236p, 4p2p, 6pp).

Jefffcore

It's after the crumple, so it's not.

You have 64 frames of advantage if they tech after 6kk. I knew k worked, forgot to try 6kk.

If you get 236p in open space and they don't tech, 214k; if they do tech 236p, you're at +24. 214k can be beat if they tech right away though.

Last edited:

SilverForte

It's after the crumple, so it's not.

You have 64 frames of advantage if they tech after 6kk. I knew k worked, forgot to try 6kk.

Are you saying it doesn't work?
I have them set to mid punch hold, recovery on, and fastest hold speed. It works every time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD