Rank Points Needed To Next Grade

Brute

Standard Donor
I didn't really lose much until I got to the B-C territory, so I can't confirm.

shunwong

The ranking system is kind of bullshit. In VF5FS it took me 4 months to reach Guardian. In DOA5 I'm C+ after just one month. Too many points for winning, a tiny few for losing.

Sixmsj

C+ is pretty low after a month. It takes longer as you rank up because you need to beat higher rank players to get the same amount of points you were already getting. You actually lose a decent amount of points if you lose to a similar rank, A~.

Sure you can go kill some scrubs and get 50 points per game but you need 5000 points to go the next rank -_-.

Brute

Standard Donor
F through C+ is lightning fast
After that, things take a lot longer, especially when you struggle to even find matches at all (not to mention with someone of similar/higher rank).
I'm still trying to grind my way out of B. Then again, I've recently been spending a lot more of my DOA time in lobbies, which is not a lot to begin with.

shunwong

C+ is pretty low after a month. It takes longer as you rank up because you need to beat higher rank players to get the same amount of points you were already getting. You actually lose a decent amount of points if you lose to a similar rank, A~.

Sure you can go kill some scrubs and get 50 points per game but you need 5000 points to go the next rank -_-.

You are right, 1 month to C+ is slow. I forgot I spent the first weeks playing simple match and no ranked at all. It must have been 1-2 weeks. Anyway, my point stands. Too many points for winning and you barely lose points for losing. It seems everyone will end up high ranked eventually. It's a matter of time.

Sixmsj

You are right, 1 month to C+ is slow. I forgot I spent the first weeks playing simple match and no ranked at all. It must have been 1-2 weeks. Anyway, my point stands. Too many points for winning and you barely lose points for losing. It seems everyone will end up high ranked eventually. It's a matter of time.
What I'm saying is that once you hit A- or B+, you need to main like a 1:1 ratio (not sure) to progress. Unless you want to spend all day beating scrubs, but the same could be done in 4.

The fastest way to progress is beating the A+/S people since they give the most points.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah. I've been a A+ longer than I should be. Whenever I put it on A+-S+ it hardly(if ever) find anyone. I put it on C+ - S+ I find people faster, but whenever I get a C or a B I hardly get any points making leveling up take longer than it should. I hope they fix this.

Brute

Standard Donor
What I'm saying is that once you hit A- or B+, you need to main like a 1:1 ratio (not sure) to progress.
Gotta be more than that. I'm still only B and have around a 75-80% win ratio in ranked and I'm moving up at sloth speed.

Sixmsj

Gotta be more than that. I'm still only B and have around a 75-80% win ratio in ranked and I'm moving up at sloth speed.
You need to beat higher ranked people to progress faster. I dread playing my own rank because it's a waste of time generally.

If you can beat an S rank or so 5-6 times, that's around 5000 or so which boosts you to the next letter.

Zeo

You need 78,000 points for S+.

The leaderboards are a pretty good way to gauge and measure how many points give what ranking.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD