Code:
Uncensor Break Blow zoom animations mod using Cheat Engine (hex search):
original:
0F B6 40 14 3C 19 77 58
uncensored:
90 90 90 90 3C 19 77 58
2d4bedb62d546428b463a2883db00dab40b9b8cf96e8c46c522643571874892b.jpg

Jyu_Viole_Grace

looks like this subject blowing up exposed both sides of the same mentally deficient coin: those who can't take a fighting game character getting :P:'d, and those with the otaku obsession with "getting revenge" at some fictional character via fictional violence

itagaki's vision involved none of this crude kindergarten grade (((violence))) though, so bringing the original creator up would only justify the exclusion of it even more. the clause you'd put before "in the first place" is not "why is it censored", but "why is it here in dead or alive"

oh and lol @ this naivete

you do not make a popular character by reusing parts of another popular character. they should've learned from how popular kasumi still is over anything that reused her body, face or entire appearance. marie rose's popularity had nothing to do with her specific appearance, but the fact that it stands out when juxtaposed next to a cast full of samey, stagnated models.

As Shimbori says, in this franchise there's huge cultural clash.

Meanwhile west embraces violence (gore in MK case) and gorilla/unga characters stereotype, Japan embraces sexyness and cute/loli characters. DOA scene is destined to clash forever.

I find myself in the midle so I can understand how hard is for Team Ninja trying to please both sides at the same time.

N1ce Dreams

They need to add the close ups back in, it's fucking stupid. So it's okay to break NiCOs back, jump on her, break her arm, break her neck but a close punch to face is too much? Why does the violence option even exist?.. BS, put it back in. I will be someone who will push this because it deserves to be pushed at this point.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They need to add the close ups back in, it's fucking stupid. So it's okay to break NiCOs back, jump on her, break her arm, break her neck but a close punch to face is too much? Why does the violence option even exist?.. BS, put it back in. I will be someone who will push this because it deserves to be pushed at this point.

There are even some semi close ups in some grapplers moves breaking necks so ... this was a stupid move from Team Ninja.

If there's options then you don't need to censor it for everyone.

AyanamiReign

Having just an on/off filter for 'violence' doesn't really work imo. I prefer not to see the characters bleeding and with cuts, it's fine if people want that but I don't.
The goofy-looking zoom-in for a break blow doesn't bother me much. I can't stand the bright flashes of light used to obscure their face when it's censored though, that looks terrible. It's enough to just have it not zoomed in.

WAZAAAAA

I somehow fucked up the link, the visible text was correct but clickable link was dead lol, fixed, I blame BBCode. The one time I trust WYSIWYG I get cucked like that, never again

I wish this forum let me embed gfycat though ffs

Last edited:
Reactions: YEH

Macca Beam

As Shimbori says, in this franchise there's huge cultural clash.

Meanwhile west embraces violence (gore in MK case) and gorilla/unga characters stereotype, Japan embraces sexyness and cute/loli characters. DOA scene is destined to clash forever.

I find myself in the midle so I can understand how hard is for Team Ninja trying to please both sides at the same time.
i agree. but you cannot and will not please everybody. clashes won't happen if there's only one culture in the room. putting more inside this room means they will be fighting over full-time attention and care since video game players are inherently children.

"destined to clash forever" is slightly misleading though. the series never indulged in baby violence like this until recently. in the itagaki era it's all about ridiculous, but artistic, maneuvers that involve the environment. then it turned into boring anime finishers in 5. then its retarded little brother who's all about strawberry juice, flaccid punches and gratuitous ass to face came along.

basically, nothing would've happened if they didn't feel obliged to throw that bone at e3. i hope they've learned their lesson.

now the worst part is having to deal with a second "reeeee censor" group joining the orchestra with the fanservice screechers. what an absolute zoo this series is.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Please let's not fight or put our energy for a petition to allow young looking females getting punched in slow-mo. Not the reputation we need.

I don't care if MK does it. I'd rather we fight to have good looking stages and new movesets.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

i agree. but you cannot and will not please everybody. clashes won't happen if there's only one culture in the room. putting more inside this room means they will be fighting over full-time attention and care since video game players are inherently children.

"destined to clash forever" is slightly misleading though. the series never indulged in baby violence like this until recently. in the itagaki era it's all about ridiculous, but artistic, maneuvers that involve the environment. then it turned into boring anime finishers in 5. then its retarded little brother who's all about strawberry juice, flaccid punches and gratuitous ass to face came along.

basically, nothing would've happened if they didn't feel obliged to throw that bone at e3. i hope they've learned their lesson.

now the worst part is having to deal with a second "reeeee censor" group joining the orchestra with the fanservice screechers. what an absolute zoo this series is.

Itagaki had a really outstanding temperament, I'm not a big fan of him but he always had a vision for the series and he was adamant to it but even then there was people that hated characters based in their tastes.

But I agree the whole "just tell us if you don't like something" is just aggravating things and it's starting to show a lack of direction. Koei only cares about sales and they don't even try to hide it.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Ok, I'll be frank:
Some you guys are creeping me right the hell out. Wanting to have the BB animations back for NiCO, Honoka and Marie to be equal or because we already have worse moves in the game, okay.
Outright saying "Fuck Lolicons" or "I practically get off on wanting to punch Honoka in the face"... is just honestly pathetic as hell.
For goodness sake, calm yourselves down, you are honestly being a bit too on the nose with your fetish.

Macca Beam

same (also if your campaign is truly for the sake of equality, do tell them about the other partially modified BB as well)

reading this thread just feels like i'm staring into a pit of anger issues, though. "deserve it" is also another rather head-scratching statement. for what? killing your dog? impressive feat for a block of data.

that thing i mentioned about otaku obsession wasn't a random insult; i'm reminded of those deranged people who would draw gore, break game discs, or make defamation posts and contents to (((hurt))) virtual people who hurt them because they live full time in a virtual world. this whole getting off on face punches business is pretty close to that on the spectrum.

Xhominid The Demon Within

same (also if your campaign is truly for the sake of equality, do tell them about the other partially modified BB as well)

reading this thread just feels like i'm staring into a pit of anger issues, though. "deserve it" is also another rather head-scratching statement. for what? killing your dog? impressive feat for a block of data.

that thing i mentioned about otaku obsession wasn't a random insult; i'm reminded of those deranged people who would draw gore, break game discs, or make defamation posts and contents to (((hurt))) virtual people who hurt them because they live full time in a virtual world. this whole getting off on face punches business is pretty close to that on the spectrum.

Pretty close? Where are practically at it already with some of these posts.
It's like you can't even tell these are video game characters at this point with some people, they are acting as if they get vindication off of it and it's honestly pretty freaking disturbing. And I say that in a forum where there is atleast a prominent person or two that keeps tabs on Ryona videos.

It's ironic because all they are doing is enabling the very same thing in reverse to those that wanted the 3 characters to be censored to begin with.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD