For me it is

1.Marie Rose/Honoka
2.Mila
3.Nyo Tengu
4.Momiji
5.Rachel
6.Phase 4/Rig
7.Cyber Raidou

What about you? If you have a undecided #1 then you can pick more then 1.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
1. Mila
2. Cyber Raidou (if he actually counts)
3. Rig
4. Nyotengu (again, if she counts)

Picked up Mila in vanilla because no Leon OR Ein (and I wasn't good with anyone else at the time) and for the most part she has been the only female DOA character whose design and fighting style I actually like. Haven't touched her much in Ultimate but I can still pull my weight with her when I need to. One of my friend's reactions to when he found out I played Mila was "You play female characters now?"

Cyber Raidou because I briefly touched him in Dimensions and had a blast with him (never played him in 1) and he has Offensive Holds (given my character preferences...).

Rig is that cool guy that hangs out with Ein on the street corner, sure his wardrobe is lackluster but he has that "cool guy" vibe that Ein's got (but will never surpass). I'll continue putting off learning him but he's right there with a design and style I've grown to like (watching Jaegar play him also is extremely entertaining).

Nyotengu because Bankotsubo spiritually lives on (if having her as a "newbie" really counts along with Raidou).

Don't really care too much about the others.
Momiji and Rachel were just other characters to play as in NG when I would have preferred to stick with Hayabusa, if they hadn't made it into DOA I wouldn't have cared much.

Phase 4 was fun to play in the first couple weeks and I would probably enjoy playing her again but if she had more of a difference visually between herself and Kasumi I wouldn't be so drawn away from her (Hayate is the only ninja I care to actually play as, Phase is fun offline).

Marie Rose is there with P4 but I really don't care to play as an "18" year old child.

Honoka looks fun to play as but lacks originality in her own right aside from her "Death Stance" If she had more original moves like Raidou I would give her more of a chance than as someone to clear command training and combo challenges.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Hmmm... if I'm trying to be objective and judge TN's creativity :

___ NEWCOMERS _________________________________
1. Marie-Rose (unique moveset, first loli in the history of DOA)
2. Rig (design is okay, great vilain-ish potential)
3. Mila (nice personality at first, background is okay)

___ NEW BABES ______________________
4. Nyotengu (great flying stance, great design)
5. Honoka (interesting idea, boob overdose)

___ NEW MOVESETS _____________
6. Momiji (amazing moveset, NG "meh")
7. Rachel (repetitive moveset, NG "meh")

___ REHASHES ______________________________
8. Phase 4 (they should merge Phase 4 and Alpha 152)
9. Cyber Raidou (nothing really new but great makeover)

I've decided to split the list, in my opinion Marie, Mila and Rig are the purest newcomers of the fifth installment, the others are just cool additions. And I'm happy with our last two babes, Nyotengu and Honoka. Welcome!
I'm happy with have all of them for the sake of diversity and fun, but I wouldn't mind in DOA6 if the last two characters were removed and replaced by better ideas. I'm still sceptical on Honoka...

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Out of the new DOA characters, from vanilla to now Last Round, I chose Rachel, Marie Rose, and Honoka. Rachel, I used to hate fighting against, so one day, I actually decided to play as her. She was actually hella fun and I love a lot of her costumes. Marie Rose brings something unique to DOA in terms of look and brand new fighting style. Honoka is interesting because of the fact that she is a mixture of basically everyone in the cast, not just move wise, but stance wise as well. It'll be fun to see what combos people come up with.

lotr9690

8. Phase 4 (they should merge Phase 4 and Alpha 152)

First, I think you were very objective in your assessment, overall. :)

However, I respectfully disagree with you're idea on Phase 4 lol! I love how important timing is with Phase 4. She's so satisfying to use (for me). I would have loved a different sculpture/3D model though. I'm sick of Kasumi clones. XD. I would have much rather they used a Ryu clone or... someone not Ninja. The reason I disagree however is mainly because I don't find Alpha to be as satisfying to use. I don't know why. I don't have a problem with Alpha... she's just not fun to use for me.

But I'm being subjective. I could be wrong about everything I just said. ;)

Banana56

Surprised Cyber Raidou is getting a lot of votes, I thought majority of people found him boring.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In this order:
1) Rig
2) Mila
3) Marie Rose

I'm really glad for these three newcomers to DOA. :) Imho they are the only really fresh and unique ones. I don't care much about the others, to be completely honest, and I'm not so sure, that we will see everyone of them return for DOA6. Phase 4 is of course very likely returning (as the new boss?) though. :/

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I can't stand fighting her, and I don't particularly enjoy her style either.
I don't blame you. One swipe of the invisible Silence Glaive (judging by her weird stance), the whole planet goes bye-bye. That's no fun...

But seriously though, if you picture her that way, it's a lot more satisfying when you learn the matchup and can react accordingly to defeat a good Momiji player. Try not to think so much about the character than it is the player, and soon you'll treat all your character matchups equally. Ultimately it'll lead to you not standing to fight the player, but at least the character fear factor will be gone.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I voted Nyotengu and this thing named Cyber Radio
john-lewis_cyber-307825.jpg

David Gregg

I voted Marie Rose and Nyo as out of that list of characters they have movesets I enjoy using the most. I can't vote for Salad or Radio since I haven't played as them yet. I wasn't a big fan of Raidou in DOAD so I doubt that will change and Salad...we'll see...

TRI Mike

Triple tie between Mila, Rig and Marie. The three of them play very nicely, feel fresh, have an identity and the three are actually solid competitively. They also look cool and fit within the game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD