• Phase 4

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Rig

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Cyber Radio

Votes: 17 20.2%

• Total voters

Malibu

Rachel, all i need in life is my Rachel. Her and the new Girl Honoka. See i tried attaching myself to the others but it always kinda fell apart for me. I bought Marie rose, had no idea what i was doing. Bought Nyo Tengu thinking it would be my saving grace. again had no idea what i was doing. But i just stuck to rachel. She was the only one i could do well ok with. I don't claim to be good at this, in fact i'm very bad all i ever do is lose but, i have fun! and i guess that goes far as well i suppose. But anyway. Im excited to see what the new girl has to offer and if she can make me leave my Forever Girl Rachel!

synce

Honoka

1279082592656.jpg

HHH816

my rank list

1. marie rose - easy to pick up combo
2. Phase 4 -she played like kasumi and i played kasumi , her combo is tough though
3. Nyo tengu - i love her hold combo
4. Rig - flashy and easy 123 hit combo
5. Raidou - gonna feel like a slow hayabusa
6. Honoka - gonna love her soon
7. Rachel - heavy damage
8. Momiji - totally unplayable (sorry TN)

Last edited:

Argentus

my rank list

1. marie rose - easy to pick up combo
2. Phase 4 -she played like kasumi and i played kasumi , her combo is tough though
3. Nyo tengu - i love her hold combo
4. Rig - flashy and easy 123 hit combo
5. Raidou - gonna feel like a slow hayabusa
6. Honoka - gonna love her soon
7. Rachel - heavy damage
8. Momiji - totally unplayable (sorry TN)
:(

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Well the only dead character left is Genra, so... Donovan ?
Donovan becoming playable, I wouldn't mind. If he's going to inherit Genra's style, since that's the only style that's missing, then it'll be interesting to see how Team Ninja incorporates it into the DOA5U system.

KwonJigglypuff

Well Genra had like only 30-35 moves in DOAD, and his Tyrant stance when he's using his sword (5 moves or so), so I hope they will give him (or the new character) new moves.

What about a new young male practicing Sumo + Genra's moveset ? He would be young, yet heavy weight, slow as fuck but would have a good reach/good zoning. Main individuality being the projectiles.

Last edited:

Squizzo

Am I the only person who doesn't want Genra to return. I'm so burnt out on mimics and recycled move sets. Just give us a new character (or even Yaiba would do) with a unique move set.

Kronin

After Genra all the old moveset of DoA would be finally here (considering how Kasumi Alpha e Shiden are basically already in the roster through Alpha-152, Phase 4 and Hayate). Also, with Phase 4 being the representative of the cloning project of Kasumi that has a key role in the plot, with Raidou being an half mimic character for the ninja and Honoka being a completely mimic character for the rest of the roster, I really think that at this point all the options for recycling movesets should be already ended.

By the way it's also true that Genra had very few moves, part of them singular ones but other got from Spartan: contrarily to Bankotsubo and Raidou, he would need to get a major restyling and improvement of his moveset under the external side before than about the properties of it.

Anyway for the DLC characters we can easily expect only female characters, with the only unlikely exception made from Donovan if TN already created a real in-game model for him. If people really wish for Genra and not only his moveset maybe they should expect DoA6, otherwise is pretty possible that we could end to get a female substitute for him or Donovan inheriting his fighting style.

Kronin

Honestly I think a Senran Kagura guest fighter has a better chance of making it in the game than Genra or his moveset.

I agree, but what gives me doubts is that the collaboration with the SK series was presented in the beginning as a main feature of DoA5LR, then Hayashi talked of future DLC characters as a possibility. So, or a SK guest is not planned, or the plans for the collaboration of the series ended to be changed during the production of DoA5LR and we will see in future a guest from that franchise (and this could be the case, considering how in less than 1 month from the release of the game nothing announced is still related to SK).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD