• Phase 4

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Rig

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Cyber Radio

Votes: 17 20.2%

• Total voters

KwonJigglypuff

I know it's a bit early to talk about DOA6, but some cuts are likely, so which one of them won't make it in your opinion ?

I think Rig, Mila and MR are safe. Honoka and Nyotengu too.

Candy Dragon

My top 5 in order are easily

1. Marie Rose (I absolutely adore her. Probably could be classified as my main now)
2. Rachel (always loved Rachel since NG, been hoping for her appearance in DOA for some time now)
3. Rig (I just think he looks awesome and his fighting style looks fantastic in motion)
4. Momiji (Same reasons as Rig, only with girly assets)
5. Nyotengu (I love her attitude, totally badass but classy, if a little slutty)

On the other end of the spectrum we have Mila and Raidou. Raidou has never appealed to me, and his return is of no interest to me, and I've never liked Mila. IMO shes the most boring character they've ever created. Even more so then a clone :/

Squizzo

1. Mila - It was actually quite a bold move to make a female mma fighter, but it paid off well. Great fighting style, personality and appearance.
2. Momiji - Love how they successfully incorporated her double jump gimmick. Beautiful character with a very visually exciting style. She was long overdue for inclusion in doa in my opinion.
3. Rig - Not the most interesting personality, but a great fighting style in motion and a nice bit of fan service for the girls.
4. Marie - Pretty interesting fighting style and visually diverse from the rest of the girls.
5. Rachel - Fighting style can be a bit boring but she fills the niche of glamazon/dominatrix where no other girl really can. Like Momiji I feel she was long overdue for inclusion in doa.
6. Nyotengu - She had some interesting adaptations of old Banko's style but was still mostly just a recycled character at the end of the day.
7. Phase 4 - Gimped Kasumi knock off. Nothing too interesting about her, although her teleports do look cool.
8. Honoka - Mimics make me sad. At least she has some nice outfits and sex appeal.
9. Raidou - Another mimic, but has no outfit variety or sex appeal.

Shiranui

1) Rachel (I was hoping for her addition since DOA5 was announced)
2) Nyo (the greatest of all "new" characters)
3) Momiji (It's nice to have her as well. I love NG characters)
4) Rig (very cool male character. And the hottest one, let's be honest.)

David Gregg

I know it's a bit early to talk about DOA6, but some cuts are likely, so which one of them won't make it in your opinion ?

I think Rig, Mila and MR are safe. Honoka and Nyotengu too.

I think all of the new 5 characters (minus P4) are safe including Raidou (since they went through the entire trouble of recreating him). Phase 4 is kind of an experimental Kasumi but she's pretty disposable imo.

The ones who should be worrying are those who main a VF character or Alpha-152.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Best to worst:
1/2 Tie between Rig and Mila, I used the hell out of them in Vanilla and they were number #1 and #2 on my offline mode list xD
3 Rachel, I was hyped to see something similar to Spartan's moveset in the game, and even better is that it was changed to be a bit more original.
4. Marie, not so original character, but it's original for DOA and she is fun to play as.
5. Cyber...Radio? O hell yeah, Raidou rocks! And he's a ROBOT. COME ON ROBOTS ARE COOL RIGHT? (cricket chirping) k den
6. Nyotengu. Awesome English voice and she reminds me of Blainely from Total Drama in both voice and personality. Also hyped to see tengu's moveset but... I wish it was Bankutsubo instead.
7. Momiji is okay, but she's the least played as on my character records, excluding the DLC characters I don't have.
8/9 Phase 4 and Honoka... get tae. JUST GET TAE.... GET TAE. Well at least they look fun to play as but GET TAE. Honoka better not kill DOA6's story mode, I just have a feeling she might... salad can get tae, and we have ENOUGH Kasumi clones. My German friend said that (this was before DOA5 came out and we were playing DOA4) that Brad Wong should be the next character cloned.

Also I have a pic for Honoka that I posted on the Gif and Meme thread and on my deviantart

Attachments

• Dead-or-Alive-5-Last-Round-Newcomer-Honoka-Gets-Unveiled-Video-470058-7.jpg
    Dead-or-Alive-5-Last-Round-Newcomer-Honoka-Gets-Unveiled-Video-470058-7.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 174

David Gregg

I have to say I'm really disappointed with how they basically ported Raidou's moveset from DOAD. They updated Tengu-do with 2 new stances as well as giving Nyo both air and ground throws.

Argentus

1. Mila
2. Cyber Raidou (if he actually counts)
3. Rig
4. Nyotengu (again, if she counts)

Picked up Mila in vanilla because no Leon OR Ein (and I wasn't good with anyone else at the time) and for the most part she has been the only female DOA character whose design and fighting style I actually like. Haven't touched her much in Ultimate but I can still pull my weight with her when I need to. One of my friend's reactions to when he found out I played Mila was "You play female characters now?"

Cyber Raidou because I briefly touched him in Dimensions and had a blast with him (never played him in 1) and he has Offensive Holds (given my character preferences...).

Rig is that cool guy that hangs out with Ein on the street corner, sure his wardrobe is lackluster but he has that "cool guy" vibe that Ein's got (but will never surpass). I'll continue putting off learning him but he's right there with a design and style I've grown to like (watching Jaegar play him also is extremely entertaining).

Nyotengu because Bankotsubo spiritually lives on (if having her as a "newbie" really counts along with Raidou).

Don't really care too much about the others.
Momiji and Rachel were just other characters to play as in NG when I would have preferred to stick with Hayabusa, if they hadn't made it into DOA I wouldn't have cared much.

Phase 4 was fun to play in the first couple weeks and I would probably enjoy playing her again but if she had more of a difference visually between herself and Kasumi I wouldn't be so drawn away from her (Hayate is the only ninja I care to actually play as, Phase is fun offline).

Marie Rose is there with P4 but I really don't care to play as an "18" year old child.

Honoka looks fun to play as but lacks originality in her own right aside from her "Death Stance" If she had more original moves like Raidou I would give her more of a chance than as someone to clear command training and combo challenges.

Pretty much the same for me.

I wasn't gonna even get 5 until I saw Mila, who, in her C2, is the hottest DOA girl I've ever seen, and she inherited Leon's mount tackle to make up for him being absent. Mained her nonstop, never touched anyone else in vanilla. I'm better with Leon since his return, but I've gone back to Mila to get better with her again. I pretty much only play the two of them. Mila was and still is the only time I actually liked one of the DOA girls.

Cyber Raidou just because "power ninja" even though I hate his new look.

Rig, just because he's actually original to DOA, even though he's an exact copy of most western protagonist designs plus Jake Muller from RE6.

Nyo because she made Tengu fit in, when the main complaint was, aesthetically, he was awkward.

I don't like marie rose in any conceptual way, in fact I outright hate her for attracting all the pedos and ruining any image searches for DOA. (if it weren't for that disturbing C2, it probably woulnd't have been that bad)

and Honoka and P4 fall under the "lazy copy paste" category, both with absolutely bland designs and minimal effort put into their designs

And I actually forgot about Momiji and Rachel until I read other posts. Could care less about Momiji, she's just another ninja to me, albeit the most boring to fight outside of a teleport spamming busa.
Rachel on the other hand, I hate for fucking up Nicole's awesome moveset. I've tried over and over to learn Rachel now that Nicole's gone, but they are just NOTHING alike.

so, an official list

1) MIla
2) Raidou
3) Rig
4) Nyo

the rest range from "Couldn't care less" (P4, Salad, Momiji), to outright HATE (Rachel, Marie)

Last edited:

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Exactly, what shines about Rig, Marie and Mila is that they're 100% new. Nyo, P4, Rachel, Momiji, Raidou and Salad, while cool, are either clones or built on something that was present before.
Well ,that was most of Last Round and Ultimate. I think DOA6 will have some new move sets and more entirely new characters because it will be an entirely new game and not a remake. I'd like to see a male friend for Eliot, lol.

Argentus

Well ,that was most of Last Round and Ultimate. I think DOA6 will have some new move sets and more entirely new characters because it will be an entirely new game and not a remake. I'd like to see a male friend for Eliot, lol.
I'm.....not so sure, honestly. After vanilla, TN really dropped the ball.

I can honestly expect things like DOA6's story mode just being one long gravure vid, and more NG girls and clones of Kasumi, or even replacing more of the male characters with genderswaps.

TRI Mike

I want a boxer, a sumo wrestler and a real aikido fighter, not the nonsensical crap Momiji is.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I'm.....not so sure, honestly. After vanilla, TN really dropped the ball.

I can honestly expect things like DOA6's story mode just being one long gravure vid, and more NG girls and clones of Kasumi, or even replacing more of the male characters with genderswaps.
DON'T...GIVE...THEM...IDEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS plus

But they would NEVER genderswap the guys. Well they did for tengu, but I don't imagine Hayabusa, Bayman, Gen Fu, Leon or any non-boss character being swapped...ever...that cant happen -right? (curls in a ball) hahaha....haha...ha...

I want a boxer, a sumo wrestler and a real aikido fighter, not the nonsensical crap Momiji is.
YES, YES!!! Maybe I should make some art for some new ideas of fighters... to show off some art skills!!!

And beep Momiji, she's my least played character on my records list. IDKY, just dislike her fighting style.

Kronin

Great idea for a thread, actually I believe that the cast for the DoA5 series will bring some new characters before the end of Last Round development, by the way until an official announcement so far we have to consider it completed.

Anyway trying to answer to the pool it's pretty hard for me, in general I liked all the additions from Last Round even if for different reasons.

Trying to follow KwonJigglypuff and getting a little fun, I can try to state ranks or awards according to different categories (like always just my 2 cents):

Originality in the Moveset: (I didn't consider Nyotengu, Phase 4, Rachel, Raidou, because all characters owning old moveset or alterations/evolution of them).
  1. :marierose:
  2. :rig:
  3. :mila:

Originality in the Design: (I excluded Phase 4 being visually identical to Kasumi + Momiji and Rachel because already existing before DoA5U)
  1. :nyotengu:
  3. :raidou: (I meant in the cyborg version)

"Coolness" vibe from the character:

1. :phase4:/:raidou:
  3. :rachel:

Fun factor playing them: (Raidou and Honoka not considered)
  1. :nyotengu:
  2. :phase4:
  3. :marierose:/:momiji:

"Coolness" factor playing them: (Raidou and Honoka not considered)
  1. :phase4:
  2. :nyotengu:
  3. :momiji:/:rachel:

Most used character: (I meant how much I decide to use one for them for playing purposefully with it; of course seeing only the simple stats, surely the oldest added characters as Rig or Mila would be on the top. Raidou and Honoka not considered)
  1. :nyotengu:/:phase4:
  2. :marierose:
  3. :rachel:

Contrarily to the expectations (the most used character for me should be a summa of the fun and the coolness factors during the gameplay), Rachel and not Momiji is at the third place, considering how recently I'm trying to improve my gameplay with the Vigoorian warrior.

Award for the most wished moveset alredy known:
  • :nyotengu: (No more words needed by me on this subject XD)

Award for the most wished character already known:
  • :raidou:(I'm really glad of the return of the boss for the original DoA, even if this place would be owned from Bankotsubo if he would have been released in place of Nyotengu)

Award for the most fresh appearence:
  • :marierose: (No one was expecting a similar character in DoA, something surely totally new for the series - I'm not talking in absolute of her originality where, owning the purpose to recreate a steroetypical character from the Japanese fictions, her score would be low).

Award for the most surprising character:

• :honoka: (No one was expecting another mimic character in DoA after Raidou, however like i said more times I think that she will end to be very funny and versatile to use just for her peculiar moveset lacking of new moves but wanting be a summa of almost the entire roster, stances included).

All of these categories depict for me positive things about the characters, so doing a general review from what I said I should state that Nyotengu and Phase 4 are my favourite additions, while Honoka and Mila are on the other side of the spectrum. By the way neither this could be truly exact, first of all because I will be able to give a final judgement on Honoka and Raidou only after to play with them (indeed I really think that both of the, will be truly fun to use for me), and second because I don't dislike at all Mila that I find a great Western addition to the roster, just not the character with the most exciting moveset for my tastes.

Last edited:

Boogie

1. Rig
2. Rachel
3. Marie Rose
4. Phase 4
5. Mila

rig and rachel are two of my mains, alongside christie. i knew i was going to love rig the moment he was revealed.

i loved nicole's moves from DoA4 so when i discovered that rachel was similar it made a lot of sense to me that she was a heavy hitter character. im not a master with her, but i love how she places.

marie rose was a nice addition, not my type of character but i overall enjoy her. she was a very fresh and welcomed addition to the cast i should say.

appearance wise, i hated phase 4 because she was just another kasumi clone with a different move set to me and im like super duper over kasumi and the circle jerk with her character. i would've loved phase 4 if she was able to transform into the other ninjas similar to the boss battle but after playing her, i realized i liked her way more than kasumi. i think they should give her her own personality and possibly own look in future DoA games, maybe cut her hair or something. i'd love phase 4 to have an identity crisis where she wants to be set apart from kasumi...or something. i love to play as her, i just wish she wasn't a kasumi clone.

i loved that mila was revealed to be like a tomboy with a wardrobe that wasn't geared towards direct fanservice then dlc ruined that. as a character i love her, i can't really play as her but i love her move set. i WISH i could play as her, she'd be one of my mains.

im indifferent about nyo. i doubt she'll make it into DoA6, not in a vanilla version anyways but eh, who knows. i don't hate her, i don't love her.

im just as indifferent about momiji as well.

i think TN could've created a brand new male character to replace cyber ragu. im truly not here for him. and he can take salad with him. tho i love her shape, she could've been done way better. but i like her more than ragu. so yeah.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD