Some new DOA5U info (costumes tag etc)

synce

Zeo Well there's no details, they could use something like kyu/dan/etc instead of letter grades, or a combination. But yeah if you play TT2 it's nothing new

NP Dave

Momiji-Baybee

I'm a bit upset about there only being over 50 new costumes. DOAX2 had way more then 50 new ones. But I am still excited to see we are getting more and I hope that the over 50 thing meant for the four characters in the core fighters or over 50 so far.

As for the whole gender thing of costumes, Although I love all the girls and hope to get crap loads of costumes like in DOA2U and barely ever play the guys (except Eliot,Rig, and Bayman and in September Ein), I do feel quite bad for the guys. I know that the girls are the most important part of the series (which everyone should know) and that they are gonna get alot of costumes but I think the guys should be treated better a bit more (as far as costumes go, they got more respect then they needed in the DOA5 tournament in which they all practically defeated every girl).

But to be honest, they are only four characters I believe need as much costumes as they could are Momiji, Rachel, Ein, and Leon. And that's because they are the new characters

By the way to the for the poster who said that the west cares more about stages then costumes, I think you've only been around this site because you obviously never seen DOAW (not trashing them as I am a fellow member there) and Facebook lol.

Chaos

I've been waiting for TN to bring back Hitomi's iconic costume since day 1, now she is finally taking it out of her closet and ready to whoop some ass while looking good wearing them. But two of my most wanted costumes for Ryu & Jannlee needs to be on DOA5U.
jannlee-teamninja.jpg

DOA3_Hayabusa_C1.jpg
I hope TN has enough time. :)

UpSideDownGRUNT

The Addition of Hayabusa's DoA3 C1 or DoA2U C2(I prefer this one) would make me happy, plus I wouldn't have to choose between the same Ninja Gaiden costumes over and over like in DoA4 and Vanilla 5.

EDIT: I've been looking at the masked version of DoA2U C2 via NGS2+ screenshots and it looks good that way still it'd be better maskless but it would please everyone to add that costume and then have it either masked/unmasked via LB/RB people who want him maskless they can people like Brute who want the costume but hate his new face can have it masked problem solved..

And I like the idea of a character specific ranking system

Nameless Sama

Schnappschuss_001.jpg

I want to see if my lovey Tag Team gets new badass Tag Intors Tag Throws and Tag Intro! Hayabusa must have the option to take his mask off + long hair + kasumi long hair = badass + cute + partner look = best Tag team ever imo. I agree the costumes for Ryu a percent of 10000% but I want tp play with his long hair DOA3 FTW.

And yeah I want Brad Wong and Gen fus old DOA4 full Tag Animation back. WTF they are cut this ???
I promissed my subcribers and dear friends that I want to play besides Ryu and Kasumi with Ryu/ayane and Ryu/hayate and I hope to GOD TN give to Ryu/ayane and Ryu/Hayate a FULL Tag animation even Ein and Ryu have one double facepalm.

BTW: I am not E- I am F xD. The Rank Match didnt count because my opponent get disconnected or left the match and after the match I got his points 1000 points or sth.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ein and Hayabusa makes sense though it's his tag from DoA2 they'd be stupid to cut that and not only that but Busa is the one who beats Ein in DoA2 to bring back his memories it's just that his memories fully returned when Hayabusa killed Tengu

Argentus

Another point why Ryu its a badass and a very cool ninja.

To be fair, he IS badass, but he is a TERRIBLE ninja. I don't think I've EVER seen him use stealth at ALL (NG3 doesn't count. When "just walking towards the enemy" is your idea of "sneaking" then you suck at sneaking lol)

Argentus

Well he's great at sabotage and assassination, so he just likes to specialize is all.

Meh. I just consider him a very agile samurai.

I still remember laughing at how Ayane was such a better ninja than Ryu back in the first Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. She was always already there long before Ryu got there, she was never seen, and snuck "hidden" messages to Ryu. While Ryu is just walking the streets, plain as day, sticking out like a sore thumb, and slaughtering the police.

Nameless Sama

IMO a badass and a cool ninja its for me a Ninja who has earned respect through acts. Ok sneaking its important but ryu doesnt need that, He is a dragon ninja he doesnt need to sneak. Many people likes ryu because off his cool and cold character. Many People likes other things on him. Even ayane with hersneaking wouldnt hit ryu lol.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
when you can massacre an entire army and nation(vigoor) its not really necessary to sneak

i know of very few in popular media that actually do infact the only ones i can recall are Tenchu,Batman,and TMNT lol.the term ninja has taken on a completely different meaning i believe the most accurate translation at this point would be something like "mystical asian warriors"

Argentus

IMO a badass and a cool ninja its for me a Ninja who has earned respect through acts. Ok sneaking its important but ryu doesnt need that, He is a dragon ninja he doesnt need to sneak. Many people likes ryu because off his cool and cold character. Many People likes other things on him. Even ayane with hersneaking wouldnt hit ryu lol.

*Wouldn't hit Ryu*
*Routinely hits the CRAP out of Ryu in Dead or Alive*.

Argentus

when you can massacre an entire army and nation(vigoor) its not really necessary to sneak

i know of very few in popular media that actually do infact the only ones i can recall are Tenchu,Batman,and TMNT lol.the term ninja has taken on a completely different meaning i believe the most accurate translation at this point would be something like "mystical asian warriors"

I blame the 80s. 90s didn't help, either.

Its like..I remember when Tenchu Z came out, and on Xplay, they called it a terrible ninja game, citing TMNT and Ninja Gaiden as "better ninja games", and I'm sitting there going "Those aren't even ninja games! Tenchu is the ONLY actual ninja game!"

...Though Technically Hitman is a better ninja, since he uses actual disguises.

ANYWAYS, Ryu is Ninja in name only, and makes for a much better samurai, but badass nonetheless.

Though I do rank Ken Ogawa as more badass than Ryu Hayabusa. Yeah, I said it.

Argentus

Ryu always holds back in doa, if he really cared he could take on the entire cast without much trouble.

Ehm...take on "most" of the cast Like Tina, Elliot, Lisa, zack, etc, etc

I can see him getting wrecked by say, Leon, Bayman, arguably Christie and Mila. Because Leon, Bayman and Mila shatter limbs, with the former two being veritable walls of muscle, while Christie looks like she's going for pressure points.

Remember in the DOA movie, how Leon just totally curbstomped Kasumi until he just randomly stopped fighting and let her win for the sake of plot? That's about how I see it going.

This is, of course, assuming that he's not allowed to use weapons. This is still a fighting tournament, after all.

Ken is Ninja in name only.

No argument there. Just saying he's a wee bit more badass than Ryu.

Nameless Sama

If you would play against my ryu you would be lose so badly lol. In dead or alive its a fighting game lol of course every character lose. But if you would put Ryu and your wee ken or whatever in one game your lovly character would die in less 3 sec.lol

SilverForte

Ehm...take on "most" of the cast Like Tina, Elliot, Lisa, zack, etc, etc

I can see him getting wrecked by say, Leon, Bayman, arguably Christie and Mila. Because Leon, Bayman and Mila shatter limbs, with the former two being veritable walls of muscle, while Christie looks like she's going for pressure points.

Remember in the DOA movie, how Leon just totally curbstomped Kasumi until he just randomly stopped fighting and let her win for the sake of plot? That's about how I see it going.

This is, of course, assuming that he's not allowed to use weapons. This is still a fighting tournament, after all.

No argument there. Just saying he's a wee bit more badass than Ryu.

The doa movie doesnt count.

Ryu is just too strong for normal humans to fight, his strength is on the level of kratos from god of war, he can parry attacks from gigantic statues with a sword. Plus there is his ninpo and ninja skills. Leon and bayman are on the level of the mooks he faces in ninja gaiden.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD