Some short new DOA5U videos

Brute

Standard Donor
The only nerf he's received is to 3 h+k and it's variants, granted that's not good but everything else is a buff.
4PK is literally one of Ryu's best moves (in my opinion, his second best), and is really the only great pressure tool he has after they nerfed 6KP for some stupid reason. Even KK is neutral. The visual frame advantage added with 4P2P looks pitiful considering the other nerf, which leaves him with EVEN SHITTIER options for punch strings, as if he didn't already have the worst string mix-up in the game. 12 frame mid? Nope. 2H+K from PP, PPP, or 6P? Nope. Nerfs to his best shit? Sure, why not. And while we're at it, let's keep ongyoin a bag of dicks and leave in his stupid teleports.

TN really wants me to drop Ryu. Really, really bad.

UpSideDownGRUNT

4PK is literally one of Ryu's best moves (in my opinion, his second best), and is really the only great pressure tool he has after they nerfed 6KP for some stupid reason. Even KK is neutral. The visual frame advantage added with 4P2P looks pitiful considering the other nerf, which leaves him with EVEN SHITTIER options for punch strings, as if he didn't already have the worst string mix-up in the game. 12 frame mid? Nope. 2H+K from PP, PPP, or 6P? Nope. Nerfs to his best shit? Sure, why not. And while we're at it, let's keep ongyoin a bag of dicks and leave in his stupid teleports.

IKR? to be honest I'm dropping Busa to second in favour for Ein and Momiji for third, actually if by some magic Momiji is better than Busa I might drop Busa to third I hate to do such a thing but he's so terrible I have to find other options in order to get good match ups cuz it seems like Busa is in a bad wayin most match ups only true masters of the character can be at disadvantage in a certain match up and still win which I can assure I am not. I'm much better sticking with an oldie like Ein than someone I've only just picked up a year ago.

Ghosty-J

Power Launchers are still useless troll gimmicks I see. It pains me to see that since I was really excited to use them in a real match. So long as it has that once-per-round rule at the exchange of the more beneficial Power Blow, it will never be used in a real match. Ever : (

The scene can be customized all the way down to how sweaty and dirty the girls are. There's also another crossed out option, I think it has to do with jiggle physics but I can't read it
....................This is *bleep*ing stupid.

Confused_Tails.jpg

Zeo

We'll probably be seeing more Mid-high level Eins than any other new character purely because of how many vets are familiar with him, even if they don't main him.

Brute

Standard Donor
IKR? to be honest I'm dropping Busa to second in favour for Ein and Momiji for third, actually if by some magic Momiji is better than Busa I might drop Busa to third I hate to do such a thing but he's so terrible I have to find other options in order to get good match ups cuz it seems like Busa is in a bad wayin most match ups only true masters of the character can be at disadvantage in a certain match up and still win which I can assure I am not. I'm much better sticking with an oldie like Ein than someone I've only just picked up a year ago.
Thing for me is that the most important thing about my main is that I have to have fun playing them. Thus, their playstyle must resonate with me, and I must "feel cool." I like a lot of Ryu's play stuff, but some things are frustrating (lack of string mix-up, unreliable crushes and atrocious mids). Add to that the fact that DOA5/NG3 Ryu feels like a twat, it's hard to feel like a badass. When I play DOA2 or 3 again, Ryu is my favorite because he feels cool. I'll see if TN fixes him for Ultimate but it's not looking promising. Lisa (the troll) and Leon (the "don't give a fuck" badass king) currently feel way cooler, which is sad becuase after playing NG1 and 2, I was convinced nothing could ever be cooler than Ryu. TN somehow succeeded in fucking up a legend. I didn't think it possible, but they did it.

SilverForte

I get you brute, that's exactly how I feel when playing a character. Ryu is still cool, he hasn't changed in my eyes. Just his gameplay that's changed.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Thing for me is that the most important thing about my main is that I have to have fun playing them. Thus, their playstyle must resonate with me, and I must "feel cool." I like a lot of Ryu's play stuff, but some things are frustrating (lack of string mix-up, unreliable crushes and atrocious mids). Add to that the fact that DOA5/NG3 Ryu feels like a twat, it's hard to feel like a badass. When I play DOA2 or 3 again, Ryu is my favorite because he feels cool. I'll see if TN fixes him for Ultimate but it's not looking promising. Lisa (the troll) and Leon (the "don't give a fuck" badass king) currently feel way cooler, which is sad becuase after playing NG1 and 2, I was convinced nothing could ever be cooler than Ryu. TN somehow succeeded in fucking up a legend. I didn't think it possible, but they did it.

Yup they messed up Busa bad, that's why with my old 2U main Ein coming back Busa is going to second/third, I'll just feel more at home with him. I only picked up Busa last may/june so I'm still atrocious with him so sometimes as much as I love playing him and getting them super awesome Izunas it's frustrating as all hell.

however I noticed I play with Busa 10x better in DoA3/2U there's just something about him in 5 that makes him feel really heavy and restricted.

Brute

Standard Donor
however I noticed I play with Busa 10x better in DoA3/2U there's just something about him in 5 that makes him feel really heavy and restricted.

It's called ongyoin and it's basically a bunch of stupid teleport gimmicks. Add to that the fact that they removed all of his handstand transition mix-ups and removed his old 2H+K attacks, and you're left with the worst lows in the game and a stance that relies on your opponent standing there like a dumbass.

Zeo

It's called ongyoin and it's basically a bunch of stupid teleport gimmicks. Add to that the fact that they removed all of his handstand transition mix-ups and removed his old 2H+K attacks, and you're left with the worst lows in the game and a stance that relies on your opponent standing there like a dumbass.

Not entirely. I think that title should definitely go to Eliot.

Adamleelight

Eh I like power launchers. Seems like you can get some extra launch height that your wouldn't normally get when they come back down. im guessing you can do atleast 5 or 6 Akira knees with a possible follow up. You can do 4 atm

Brute

Standard Donor
I know right? You guys shitting on Busa have no idea how fucked over a character is until you try to main Eliot.
I realize Eliot sucks, but he always has. The only person I really know who's "mained" Eliot is you, and it seems like that was because Leon didn't return in DOA5 vanilla. Why did you pick Eliot among the 20-some other, more viable characters? No clue.

Ryu used to be great. Built up a following on it. Then they fucked him up, and I'm not referring to "tier placement" either. They just legitimately made him lame and changed up the way he's played completely, screwing over dedicated Ryu fans. Eliot never really had fans and was fucked from the start. Doesn't make Eliot's situation any less bullshit, but just saying.

Zeo

I realize Eliot sucks, but he always has. The only person I really know who's "mained" Eliot is you, and it seems like that was because Leon didn't return in DOA5 vanilla. Why did you pick Eliot among the 20-some other, more viable characters? No clue.

Ryu used to be great. Built up a following on it. Then they fucked him up, and I'm not referring to "tier placement" either. They just legitimately made him lame and changed up the way he's played completely, screwing over dedicated Ryu fans. Eliot never really had fans and was fucked from the start. Doesn't make Eliot's situation any less bullshit, but just saying.

I don't think Ryu got screwed over quite as much as Hayate though. Especially in the beginning. He wasn't the most popular character and even the least popular ninja but he certainly had fans and players. Top in 3 and great in 4 with a flashy and effective style which gave way to utter garbage in 5 when they literally made him one of the very worst characters in the game.

Personally, I thought he was the 2nd worst character in the game until the patch came. He had literally NOTHING but his throw game. But yeah, he was just as good as Ryu, not as "cool" but he got wrecked just as badly if not worse. Hayabusa's only just starting to have it worse in Ultimate where Hayate seems to be getting buffed again.

I haven't even started talking about Ein who's looking a bit mediocre, but that's a rant for another time.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't think Ryu got screwed over quite as much as Hayate though. Especially in the beginning. He wasn't the most popular character and even the least popular ninja but he certainly had fans and players. Top in 3 and great in 4 with a flashy and effective style which gave way to utter garbage in 5 when they literally made him one of the very worst characters in the game.

Personally, I thought he was the 2nd worst character in the game until the patch came. He had literally NOTHING but his throw game. But yeah, he was just as good as Ryu, not as "cool" but he got wrecked just as badly if not worse. Hayabusa's only just starting to have it worse in Ultimate where Hayate seems to be getting buffed again.

I haven't even started talking about Ein who's looking a bit mediocre, but that's a rant for another time.
Meh. I think Hayate is underrated, but I've already gone over this with Takeda 5 billion times and I have no interest in discussing it again.

At least Hayate plays similar to how he did in the previous ones, albeit nerfed. You're still working with high string mix-ups and similar animation-guessing games with gap-closing manuevers. Ryu can hardly function as a striker anymore (least consistent crushes ever), really relying only on PP4PK and 34KP as decent warm-up safes. But now 4PK is getting nerfed. Woop woop.

I know their logic is "his striking was reduced but his throws are better now!" Uh, no, they're not. He know has half the chance of landing his high/low Izuna holds, the Otoshi does barely any more damage than Hayate's launch-zippy throw (and gets no height bonus damage for environmental falls or floor breaks), he only had one OH, which was terrible (now he has the guillotines which I'm not going to get into again), and his 46T is just... ugh.

I know Hayate players consider Ryu god compared to Hayate so trying to convince them how idiotic Ryu became is futile, but suffice to say I'm ticked. I understand where Hayate players' gripes are coming from as well, but in my personal view, I don't feel he was screwed over any more than Ryu was.

Chaos

Sometimes I think TN is lost when it comes to balancing characters.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sometimes I think TN is lost when it comes to balancing characters.
I'm mixed. Thing is, every fighter I've played is stupidly imbalanced with its roster, and DOA5 actually (shockingly) does better than a lot do (SCV). They have the foundation of an amazing game, they just make a bunch of stupid decisions that would be really easy to fix, and yet they don't fix them for some reason. It's frustrating.

Then there's shit like Eliot. -_-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD