Soul Calibur Thread

Radiance

Break attacks beat guard impacts.
Soul Charge stops timer
Activating Soul Charge when another player activates theres stops the knock back effect

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The beta is over it seems, only 18 days to go until the real thing comes out xD I wish they could just release it early already tho since the game is finished and people in YT somehow have the full game already...

Leifang

The beta is over it seems, only 18 days to go until the real thing comes out xD I wish they could just release it early already tho since the game is finished and people in YT somehow have the full game already...
I know right, it’s annoying. YouTube videos are the worst in my opinion. Certain videos thumbnails be exposing spoilers.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I know right, it’s annoying. YouTube videos are the worst in my opinion. Certain videos thumbnails be exposing spoilers.
Yeah it's why I be avoiding any SC videos as of late but thankfully I haven't been spoiled yet, but idk if I'll be safe during the next 18 days as I'm just ready for release tho, I think I'll do a full no sleep play through of Libra story mode and upload it to my channel and then after that I'll practice obsessively like crazy like I do Tekken and DOA and once I finish saving this money I'll take to online so I can show people that I don't need five people behind me to fight /:-D

Derock

Overall, this is SC that I'm used to, despite using the SC3 onwards movesets for the characters. There are a couple of things I need to say.

Reverse Edge. I don't know how it works but I somehow used it with Mitsurugi, Taki and Kilik. One thing I don't like is that if you're the one who use it, you can continue it if you missed on certain points (if I see and say it correctly). I did it once with Kilik and and ended up pulling a devastating attack to my opponent. If feels like players can get the upper hand when they missed the first time (saw this in a Mitsurugi Vs. Ivy video).

Another thing is that did they get rid of forgiving buffering since 4? You know, where you can pull certain moves by "sliding" your buttons. Best example is this SC1-2 move, bK (Banishment) for Seung Mina and Kilik (as a different name). Because I was trying to pull moves that requires it but its not working.

Leifang

Yeah it's why I be avoiding any SC videos as of late but thankfully I haven't been spoiled yet, but idk if I'll be safe during the next 18 days as I'm just ready for release tho, I think I'll do a full no sleep play through of Libra story mode and upload it to my channel and then after that I'll practice obsessively like crazy like I do Tekken and DOA and once I finish saving this money I'll take to online so I can show people that I don't need five people behind me to fight /:-D
Sounds like it’s gonna be crazy, busy fun for you lol. As for the videos, I never watch any of the stories mode videos. The only one’s I’ve watched are the customization videos, male and female. Let just say, I wasn’t pleased on what I saw. I’m telling you the Thumbnails is what you need to watch out for. Those spoilers thumbnails can creep up on you when you least expect them. I guess that’s perfect for the Halloween season XD. Like I said before, I’m taking my ass straight to training and education myself with Xianghua. I hate going in raw, oops that didn’t sound right lol. I meant ignorant. Once I understand how to use Xianghua better, I’m going to her story mode first. Then I’ll try out Libra Story Mode.

human013

Every time I'm about to cave in and buy SC6 bad news always pops up. SC6 is announced? Super excited and I'll preorder. More is revealed and it looks too similar to SC5 in graphics and CAS looks like a copy paste. I'll wait. Tira is DLC? I'll definitely wait. Beta releases and I want to preorder it. And now I am back to waiting to see if its worth the full price.

C'mon SC I never knew I would have to doubt you ever. I even bought a PS3 just to play SC4.

just_me

Standard Donor
So Inferno is a mimic, or “Nightmare+”?

Also… does someone know the render resolutions from the Beta?
Is it just like T7?
720p for XBOne, 900p for PS4, 1080p for Pro? (and 1440p for one X?)

I don't have a 4k TV, so my Pro obviously won't output anything above 1080p… and the gamescom build didn't look like 1080p on base PS4 to me (also no AA)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So Inferno is a mimic, or “Nightmare+”?

Also… does someone know the render resolutions from the Beta?
Is it just like T7?
720p for XBOne, 900p for PS4, 1080p for Pro? (and 1440p for one X?)

I don't have a 4k TV, so my Pro obviously won't output anything above 1080p… and the gamescom build didn't look like 1080p on base PS4 to me (also no AA)
It's better than T7, on T7 it looks blurred but from what I saw in SC6 when I did play my match in the beta SC6 doesnt have a blur at the standard battle screen and doesn't have film grain either, it overall looks much cleaner and crisper than what T7 has. Basically you don't really need to waste money on a pro or any of those other graphics game systems since the game looks pretty crisp imo

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
It's better than T7, on T7 it looks blurred but from what I saw in SC6 when I did play my match in the beta SC6 doesnt have a blur at the standard battle screen and doesn't have film grain either, it overall looks much cleaner and crisper than what T7 has. Basically you don't really need to waste money on a pro or any of those other graphics game systems since the game looks pretty crisp imo
I can also agree with this statement. The standard PlayStation 4 had neither motion blue or film grain (I'm still playing on PC regardless :p )

Pn33milan

my opinions:
- i love this game. very fun, fast and accessible. it's one of those games where i really feel like i can adjust to the opponent in almost every situation.
- it looks and run very good. a lot of particles, visual effects and details.
- the matchmaking was not good, but that was mostly due to the fact the beta was focusing on the netcode, more than the player's level. the netcode itself could be a little better, but i mostly found pretty stable matches.
- i love the new soul charge. of course i still need to find its most viable usage, but in this beta i just loved to use it to keep the opponent away and presurring him with guard-breaks and cheap damage.
- all of my characters (Sophitia, Taki and Talim) were very solid.
- i feel like Yoshimitsu and Ivy are the only characters a little broken:
- Yoshi is very fast, safe in many situations and has a lot of tools and set-ups from low-launchers. very frustrating to fight against.
- Ivy should be a zoner, but she is definitely very good at close range too, with many powerful tools. not to mention they simplified a lot of her inputs and other stuff that made her the most complex character in the series.
- speaking of which, i feel like this game was a little too over-simplified in some points. like the throws button combinations and guard impact reduced to only one per character, and the super assigned to a single button press. it's not that bad, but maybe some of these changes were a little unnecessary.
- at least there's no sign of auto-combos XD
- the new reversal edge is interesting, but i think they should limit its usage a bit. it's not a broken mechanic, it's just that it breaks the flow of the game and basically makes you rely on luck every time you get caught into one.
they can be easily teched (by hitting the opponent with a guard-break), but i still think people shouldn't be allowed to spam them the whole match. make them pay some of the super gauge or give limited uses number.

that's pretty much it. i still don't know if i can afford it at launch, but i can definitely say i want more of this game ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think they should limit it to either once per battle set or maybe tie it to meter since it'll get old seeing it back to back in matches. Players on twitter keep bringing up points like "oh pros won't use it in tourneys" or "git gud. You can punish yada yada" which is cute and all but it doesn't stop it from being annoying. Imagine if rage arts in tekken could be used multiple times or if power crushes were actually safe, they would be abused like reversal edges too xD

Pn33milan

Look at doa5 cliffhangers.
One per match, only in specific stages.

I don't say they are broken or hard to counter. The exact opposite.
It's just boring to see people abuse them and rely totally on luck, because they don't know what their characters can do -_-

Last edited:

Leifang

I think they should limit it to either once per battle set or maybe tie it to meter since it'll get old seeing it back to back in matches. Players on twitter keep bringing up points like "oh pros won't use it in tourneys" or "git gud. You can punish yada yada" which is cute and all but it doesn't stop it from being annoying. Imagine if rage arts in tekken could be used multiple times or if power crushes were actually safe, they would be abused like reversal edges too xD
I agree, they should limit it or make it as meter move. Good luck to all of us who’s getting the game. Things are about to get crazy in a couple of weeks. lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD