Soul Calibur Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DQjTPruVQAAVdVP.jpg:orig

These look pretty nice... Don't you feel enticed to change your avatar @Project Bokuho? XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I am not the only one who thinks this body and fashion looks actually more like that of a woman than a man, right? Thin waist, thick pronounced butt and thighs. Thigh high boots, rather thin gauntlet, something like bodice... I think Kilik's rival is a woman.

38205310264_f500cef829_o.jpg

Argentus

I am not the only one who thinks this body and fashion looks actually more like that of a woman than a man, right? Thin waist, thick pronounced butt and thighs. Thigh high boots, rather thin gauntlet, something like bodice... I think Kilik's rival is a woman.

i figured that was obvious with the thigh high and svelte figure

Jadeinchains

Wow you could actual be right there! :eek: I actually hadn't thought of that because male characters like Raphael have had feminine outfits before but yeah I think his rival might actually be a woman which will be awesome to see, can't wait to see her design fully!

Also hoping we see Cassandra and Amy.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Definitely female.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
By the way, as usual the German version of game descriptions tend to be more precise and maybe spoilery. Same happened with Final Fantasy XV not too long ago. On the English official site they say about the game, that you revisit the events of Soul Calibur 1...in the German version they however say:

"Reisen sie durch eine Parallelwelt, die sich im 16. Jahrhundert befindet..."
"Travel through a parallel world, set in the 16th century..."

Since they are so specific here I think the German version is not a mistranslation but a more precise description of what's going on in the game. So parallel universes and alternate timelines it is...

Jadeinchains

By the way, as usual the German version of game descriptions tend to be more precise and maybe spoilery. Same happened with Final Fantasy XV not too long ago. On the English official site they say about the game, that you revisit the events of Soul Calibur 1...in the German version they however say:

Since they are so specific here I think the German version is not a mistranslation but a more precise description of what's going on in the game. So parallel universes and alternate timelines it is...

Unless that's a mistranslation or means the SC world in general, If not though then yeah the story could definitely have something to do with Astral chaos or the characters deliberately going back in time to maybe change the events that happened to avoid some bad thing happen similar to how MK9's story was.

And lol @Project Bokuho of course that's what you decide to make your avatar! :p

Nyte

In the trailer we also cycled from SCV to SCI in Sophitia's memory. I think we will be revisiting all former SCs in this game. This will very likely include most of the old veterans. I bet they travel back in time to fix something really bad from happening, which sounds pretty cool and would be exactly what I predicted the game to be about.
I wonder about SCV. The overall implication I got is that SCV is getting retconned out of existence so they can continue this setting. Maybe they're setting right what once went wrong?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Was this on the namco website website?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Unless that's a mistranslation or means the SC world in general, If not though then yeah the story could definitely have something to do with Astral chaos or the characters deliberately going back in time to maybe change the events that happened to avoid some bad thing happen similar to how MK9's story was.

And lol @Project Bokuho of course that's what you decide to make your avatar! :p

Mistranslating "revisiting the events of SC1" with "visiting a parallel world" would be a huge fuck up of a translation, lol. I rather think the German marketing department actually is just giving a bit more away about the game. Marketing departments do work separately from each other. They don't just copy the American stuff. Also, remember, the leaks about SC6 came from Bandai Namco Europe and the leaker "Vergeben" is very likely German, since Vergeben means forgiving in German. I think the German marketing department is a bit loose-lipped regarding this game. XD

Was this on the namco website website?

Yep, the German one.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
In the trailer we also cycled from SCV to SCI in Sophitia's memory. I think we will be revisiting all former SCs in this game. This will very likely include most of the old veterans. I bet they travel back in time to fix something really bad from happening, which sounds pretty cool and would be exactly what I predicted the game to be about.

I really hope that there will be some sort of "revisiting veterans" in SCVI because any excuse to squeeze in fan favourites from SCI-IV would be a good move in my book, especially with the complaints levied at SCV's roster and story mode. Seeing Sophitia & Mitsurugi in the trailer is a good start, especially considering that Sophitia wasn't playable in SCV (for "story" reasons I know).

Hopefully my hype can keep building for this game until its release.

Radiance

Am curious about how they're doing this. Doesn't seem like a reboot, or it wouldn't be called SCVI, unless they pull some huge plot device like with MK reboot where Raiden basically resets the story/timeline after Armageddon. Obviously they needed a reason to bring back fan-favorites, but didn't leaks with the concept art for Sacred City also have concept art for Natsu? Looking at how young Mitsu and Sophie are, Natsu wasn't even thought of.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD