Super Smash Bros. Thread

Argentus

Jigglypuff's cuteness was buffed...

1410895742-c6ciu.gif

while Peach's sexyness was nerfed...

ncus9rmgvlox53hrpryr.jpg
Peaches up skirt was removed back in brawl I think

Darkton93

Am I the only one who didn't enjoy the demo? Too little content for too much effort to download it. And to top it off, you only get 30 tries. Maybe Core Fighters spoiled me on what a good demo should be, but it feels like the game is saying "Look at all this stuff you can't have!"

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Am I the only one who didn't enjoy the demo? Too little content for too much effort to download it. And to top it off, you only get 30 tries. Maybe Core Fighters spoiled me on what a good demo should be, but it feels like the game is saying "Look at all this stuff you can't have!"
The one I have is infinite. That's because I was a Club Nintendo Platinum Member.

KwonJigglypuff

No! I loved it, the locked content is just teasing things, I was like "wow, look at all this content I'm gonna buy in a few weeks"..

No frustration for me, just more hype.

Argentus

I feel like I'm more excited for hyrule warriors, but smash means that there's actually two games to get so the wiiu is finally worth buying.

Then again if online is crap then I'm just paying 400 bucks for hyrule warriors...which I don't think is worth it.

KwonJigglypuff

I would enjoy the demo more if I could map throw to R and shield to L and turn off tap jump. Like the way it has been through the whole series (except the tap jump part).

I kinda like how Link plays now.

Me too!
Seems like he has been buffed a tiny bit. That new dash attack is so epic (and currently his best KO attack imo).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Saw a good Lil' Mac on stream controlling the ground game really well, can't wait to play him.

Also saw a good Mega Man, in an actual tournament too. The character is being shitted on but the guy played him really well. He was against Sheik and used Rush Coil to get out of the hit stun (Apparently, anyone is able to get out of low hit stun with any special, but Mega Man's Rush Coil is a great option in this case since it sends him so high). While zoning with his buzz saw, which I have yet to fully figure out how to utilize.

Bdiamond

I like how Bowser Jr's Up B can edge guard just like Sonic's Up B from brawl but better. He's starting to become the character I want to play the most, I've been waiting a while for him to finally make it lol

I wanna see more Rosalina & Megaman gameplay though.

BTW Is Lucina basically Roy from melee(In terms of move properties)? Or does she have some advantages over Marth.

Ghosty-J

I feel like I'm more excited for hyrule warriors, but smash means that there's actually two games to get so the wiiu is finally worth buying.

Then again if online is crap then I'm just paying 400 bucks for hyrule warriors...which I don't think is worth it.
But what about Bayonetta 2 next month? Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, but my hype for Bayo2 and Smash is off the charts :V

Argentus

But what about Bayonetta 2 next month? Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, but my hype for Bayo2 and Smash is off the charts :V
Demo for first bayonetta didn't impress me so I didn't buy it. Will admit she looks much better with short hair though.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Nintendo and Gamestop are going to hold a official tournament for Super Smash Bros for 3DS next Saturday. If you live in these cities that has a Gamestop or if you live in New York City where they have the Nintendo Store, check them out.

Cities that will hold these tournaments:
San Jose, CA
Anaheim, CA
Denver, CO
Chicago, IL
Denham, MA
Ellicott City, MD
Bonnie Doone, NC
New York, NY (for both Gamestop and Nintendo Store)
Bellevue, WA
Davie, FL
Brandon, FL
Orlando, FL
Chamblee, GA
Houston, TX
Plano, TX

Link: http://www.destructoid.com/official...estructoid+(Destructoid)&utm_content=FaceBook

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You don't typically see MD on those types of lists, but sadly it's because it's a heavy smash state, so no easy wins there lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD