News Team NINJA Announces PS4 Title in Development

Today, Yosuke Hayashi has announced that after Yaiba releases, their next game could be exclusive to PS4. All we can do now is wait for future updates. The game is likely to be the next Ninja Gaiden based off the selected tease photo, but could this mean DOA is destined to be exclusive to Sony's latest platform in the future?

Last edited:
i will be happy if the next DoA is will be exclusive PS4...but at the same time i think that wont happen...just because TN will lose tooooo many customer from Xbox

Why? Being exclusive to one player base will only make our already fairly small number of DOA players even smaller.
I think we'll see whether being single console exclusive or not it really hurts a game at this years Evo with Blazblue (PS3) and Killer Instinct (Xbone). If those games draw decently then it would indicate to me that people are willing to go where the game is. It is also worth noting that being single console exclusive makes things infinitely easier for tournament organizers.

If it is DoA6 then expect hardly any characters or costumes (all be added via the cash cow that is DLC) plus as the tech is relatively new it will be harder to make all the higher res models and textures to begin with (just look at killer instinct on xbone)

fighting games are always better near end of consoles life span content wise, we got the original DOA(2) Ultimate at end of xbox and ps2's lifespan and DOA5 Ultimate at end of the current gen's life... not really looking forward to how limited DOA6 will be at 1st release

exclusivity, dumb. Especially for a new DOA that would need a broad base for a competitive community. A single player game may be different but still no need for exclusivity.

I have both systems so it doesn't affect my access, just not down with this approach for a 3rd party like TN

Can't say I blame them. After the shit MS pulled with core fighters and how almost every update gets delayed, TN is probably tired of dealing with them.

It most likely won't be DOA though.

Japanese developer for a Japanese company. Isn't a huge surprise. I think Sony and MS are more willing to pay for exclusives now and honestly, I like them.

I have a Wii U so I can play MH3U on a large screen and my Mario's etc.
I'm grabbing a PS4 because Infamous and until I see something that tickles my XBone I'll just avoid buying one.

Exclusives are exactly the reason I still have my Dreamcast. Lot of other stuff moved into another space over the years but damn, try finding an entire Dreamcast or even a good fraction of it, not happening.
Plus you know... You can just rip games to disc and play =D

TL;DR: Exclusives sell consoles. (Buy a Wii U).

Time to get a PS4. I was planning on it in April but this made it a lock. I'm guessing it'll be DOAX3. They're testing the waters with the latest DLC.

DOAX3 is definitely a possibility. There really isn't a game like that yet for PS4 and with updated graphics and physics (uh...for volleyball) and more fun mini-games it could do pretty well. Just please TN no DLC... -_-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD