News Team NINJA Announces PS4 Title in Development

Today, Yosuke Hayashi has announced that after Yaiba releases, their next game could be exclusive to PS4. All we can do now is wait for future updates. The game is likely to be the next Ninja Gaiden based off the selected tease photo, but could this mean DOA is destined to be exclusive to Sony's latest platform in the future?

Last edited:
Just as I pointed out not long after you posted this, Brute is also pointing out that you drew a conclusion without basing it on much more than what they didn't say. I wouldn't say you have a habit of it but I'd avoid using it in headlines. We're not a revenue-per-click site.

Well said, I've made the respective edits that I have the power to.

DOA6/DOAD2/DOAX3 for the 3DS please lol. Screw next gen consoles. Bring them to my portable. I'll even play them with watered down graphics.

If DOA 6 was exclusive to PS4, well IMO the game would be worse than its already getting, and to top it off a big number of their top players play on the Xbox. Its not worth it to buy another system for a fighting game that is more focused on tits anyways I'll stick with the One.

Shouldn't be afraid of games being exclusive.

Killer Instinct is exclusive to Xbox One and it's doing really well. Guilty Gear Xrd will be exclusive to PS4 and it will do very well too.

I'm actually hoping the exclusive to be DOA 6.

To be clear, most "top players" and really most enthusiasts will absolutely buy a console for just one game. Killer Instinct drove me to buy an Xbox One. Guilty Gear Xrd (if it ends up being exclusive, which I doubt) and Uncharted both have the power to get me to buy a PS4. Strictly as a value proposition, gaming consoles are incredibly attractive for the dollar points.

Sure, $400-$500 sounds like a lot, but considering the amount of time you get out of them in comparison to other entertainment purchases it's more than justified. I spend $20 on a brand new blu ray and nearly $30 if I miss release week. That'll get me about five hours of entertainment if the special features are generous. We'll stretch it to 20 hours over the life of the disc for re-watching the movie. Compare that to the thousands upon thousands of hours you get from a console even before buying games with all of the apps and additional services and it's pretty hard to argue against it.

This was a longer explanation than I wanted to give for the comments about exclusive fighters not being worth the purchase but there it is.

To be clear, most "top players" and really most enthusiasts will absolutely buy a console for just one game.
I pretty much bought a PS3 just for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. And keep in mind I already had Ninja Gaiden II (vanilla) on 360. I just liked it so much I was willing to buy a new console just to play the updated version of it.

In the end it comes down to the person and whether or not they consider the amount of money they'd have to pay to be worth what they're getting. As someone who has never had much money, I have to get a ton of value from whatever I buy.

In the end it comes down to the person and whether or not they consider the amount of money they'd have to pay to be worth what they're getting. As someone who has never had much money, I have to get a ton of value from whatever I buy.
Same, but the ridiculous amount of hours I have on the DOA/Ninja Gaiden games seems to warrant it. Over the past year, DOA & NG have comprised over 90% of my gaming time easily, if not more.

I still need a PS Triple and a PS Cuatro.

:/

Either way, I'll have both a PS4 and an Xbox One eventually, so if this game does end up being a PS4 exclusive DOA6, I won't have to worry.

But then they'll make DOA6U exclusively for Xbox One.

:/

DOA6U being exclusive for Xbox One was a joke. I was poking fun at TN constantly re-releasing their games as updated packages exclusive to consoles that the original versions weren't on.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD