News Team NINJA Announces PS4 Title in Development

Today, Yosuke Hayashi has announced that after Yaiba releases, their next game could be exclusive to PS4. All we can do now is wait for future updates. The game is likely to be the next Ninja Gaiden based off the selected tease photo, but could this mean DOA is destined to be exclusive to Sony's latest platform in the future?

Last edited:
I sure don't hope they do this. Personally I felt the pain of 14 years absence from PS, and at the same time back in the day I didn't have the money (was young) to invest in 2 consoles.
I would not want to see that happen to my xboxer buddies in similar situations as I was in back then.

It is also a bit silly, considering the systems are more similar than ever, making ports easier compared to earlier. Sure, I can understand the viewpoint of not wanting to get slapped around when it comes to DLC by MS, but potential newcomers to the series and what not would be lost for the long run as well.

What would perhaps be best is even to get the game onto Steam like so many fighters before (especially considering you can just hook up the PS4 controller and play (with the "trick it into an xbox-controller"-app, lol)), where the DLC option and support is quite good and way out of MS reach (where there are plenty of other shops to use as well, should the need arise).

Personally I would want to see it on the PC for more reasons than that too, as the kids are starting to take over the living room, and the office and PC are starting more and more to become us seasoned gamers new arena. (Man, do I feel banished now)

In the Yaiba youtube interview Hayashi did confirm they are planning the next Ninja Gaiden so its a give away its NG4 expect Sigma versions and razor edge versions in the works as well lol

DOAX3 would be a brilliant idea but I guess Itagaki really was the pioneer of the DOAX projects seeing Hayashi is afraid of poor sales

Why? Being exclusive to one player base will only make our already fairly small number of DOA players even smaller.
Well if it's only on PS4 there will be more people online since everyone is forced to play on the PS4 vs it being split up between 2 consoles. I like the idea of the next DOA being exclusive in that aspect but it would hurt the sells.

So it's out of NG4 and DOAX3 for me. They could release Code Chronos however. That would surprise all of us. Just a proper story version of DOA1 with DOA5 gameplay mechanics and character models would work just fine.

The thing about X3 not being a viable PS4 title is that most of the swimsuits were simply from X2 with some being slightly modified but nothing totally new (apart from the Tropical Sexy DLC sans Lisa). It would be hard to come up entirely new swimsuit sets for each girl, especially now that Mila, Momiji, Rachel and Marie Rose will join in the roster.

I prefer getting some prequel game (Dimensions 2) taking place in between 4 and 5, probably telling us what happened in the 2 year gap before the 5th tournament begins if I want something from DOA. They could throw in the history of Rig, Mila and Marie in it too.

What's really the point of making DOAX3?

To separate the bouncing T&A in string bikinis on Zack Island from the fighting game which is becoming even more prevalent thanks to gravure mode. Also the xtremes imo have always been fun games regardless of what purpose you play them for. (and I'm personally biased in that I don't play the NG games so...)

Okay okay, let me unfold everyone's panties here:

1) DOAN has a habit of adding speculation from inference in his news posts. The article said nothing about being PS4 exclusive, it simply said it was being made for PS4 and made no mention of Xbox One.

You're right, fairly presumptuous on that one, but I wouldn't say I've made a habit of it. And if they were designing it on One, they would have announced that information because it would have been big news as well. Been seeing that for years.

My guess is that the game will eventually come out to One.

Like Diablo III? Companies actually have a habit of announcing multiplatform games for single consoles only to confirm it's also coming to other platforms. That could be because they were given money to not mention competition or that they are still nailing down distribution or a variety of other things. Guilty Gear Xrd is currently in the same boat. It was announced for Playstation at a Playstation event but not announced as exclusive.

Exclusive is a huge word in the gaming industry and when those kinds of deals are nailed down, they're used every time.

Just as I pointed out not long after you posted this, Brute is also pointing out that you drew a conclusion without basing it on much more than what they didn't say. I wouldn't say you have a habit of it but I'd avoid using it in headlines. We're not a revenue-per-click site.

Well if it's only on PS4 there will be more people online since everyone is forced to play on the PS4 vs it being split up between 2 consoles. I like the idea of the next DOA being exclusive in that aspect but it would hurt the sells.

Very few people will be buying a console for DOA. Making it exclusive to one console would only make it harder for people to play it because they have to buy one specific console to do so.

Yes, the online player base for that specific console might be a little larger, but that's not as important as the offline scene, which would become even smaller than it already is if only half of the people who own a next gen console can even play the game.

Now, if TN were to make DOA exclusive to one console, PS4 probably would be a better choice than Xbox One, but making it exclusive at all is just not smart.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD